Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 11:20   #91
BHPian

Interesting thread. I was one of the first customers for TV (Spectra) in Mumbai. Bought a 800 MPFI 5 Gear, 2001 model with 16250km on odo. Awesome car it has been. I got it in June 2002 and 7 years down with 85,000km on odo, it runs very well. I did feel that I paid 20k more for the car when I bought but the peace of mind and the new like sales and service experience was too good.

I haven't checked TV off late. They did offer to buy my 4 year old Zen lxi with 65k on odo for 1.7 lakh in Mumbai (last March). I didn't bother to check if it was a good price or not as I didn't intend to sell it.
Old 24th February 2009, 11:29   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
The car is only 1.5 years old.They are very adamant about the pricing. I tried to lessen the asking price for about two hrs today. They said that white colour has got market value and they can sell at that price. Is there any LDI available for sale with any members from cochin in this forum? I have seen numerous reviews where they say the mileage is poor for VXI..
Not too poor FE. Avg is 12 KMPL.

What's so special about white colour ?
Old 25th February 2009, 00:30   #93
BHPian

A pleasant experience in the end.

Haven't read through this thread. But would like to tell you guys about my true value experience.
Fiance bought a 2003 Zen lxi 93,000 on odo for 2.2k. Expensive i know but the car was in great condition, engine smooth and so was the gear box. Felt great to drive. However between the 8th month and 12th month-ish of ownership car broke down consistently and had to be towed 4times. Out of which she was charged only for once.
There was some problem with the ignition system which could not be sorted out. They took the car back and refunded the full amount. She ended up buying a brand new WagonR by paying the balance amount. So kudos to the dealership for the way they handled the matters.
Old 27th February 2009, 22:55   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
There was some problem with the ignition system which could not be sorted out. They took the car back and refunded the full amount. She ended up buying a brand new WagonR by paying the balance amount. So kudos to the dealership for the way they handled the matters.
Really a pleasant but odd experience. IMO, not every TV deals everyone like these people
Old 2nd March 2009, 07:24   #95
BANNED

Indus Motors True value,Cochin

My experience of truevalue dealers has been bad, in fact very bad. Last week I was on the lookout for a petrol swift went to Indus motors, Cochin. They had a very mint condition example which has just clocked 9600kms in 1.5years.Had a chat with the manager and settled the deal for 3.9l.But when I went to pay cash and take delivery of the vehicle they said that they had sold the vehicle the previous day.They were very rude in their dealings and I felt dejected.I had contacted the previous owner regarding some clarifications about the tailgate.(It had no VXI emblem and the swift emblem was stuck slantingly, thought he had repainted).The managers funny reason about declining my deal was that I had contacted the earlier owner and that I had no faith in him.Tell me guys, why should I
trust him, I didn't know him earlier...

The only good thing that came from the whole episode is that I have changed my plans about buying a petrol one and now looking for Diesel swift. I have found one nearly new(low Kms, four months one) and "hopefully"
finish the deal in two days..
Cheers
Dilip Kumar.V
Old 5th August 2009, 19:17   #96
BHPian

I wanted to share my experience with True value,chennai.

I bought a maruti 800 AC 1998 model (1st owner) car in 2006 for 1 lakh and the odo was reading just 36k then.

I opted for true value cars since i will be moving to hyderabad for a new job and my parents will not face any hardship with regards to service and warranty if i buy from them.

After paying the cash and signing all the documents,Our dealer told us warranty will not be applicable for any car older than 5yrs old and hence no warranty but only 2 free services for this car...I felt like hitting him but anyway could not do much after paying the entire money.

After buying only, i realised market price for that car was around 65-70k and all our friends and relatives had a nice time mocking us for buying a 8yr old car for 1 lakh.We felt like complete idiots in front of them.After a few months it started giving lot of troubles and it has to be towed many times.i started spending lot of money for maintenance.

I am not sure if the odometer was tampered as the car's engine was new but it had hell lot of electical faults as it was idle for long time and also not properly maintained.

After a few months, got really frustrated with the car and went to the dealer to talk to the salesman.He got transferred somewhere, so that there is no one to fight with...and after lot of fight with supervisor,who apologised on behalf of the salesman and told us that this will not happen again.i managed to sell the same car for 55k to them.

Lost 45k in less than a year and a bad ownership experience..

I would say choose the dealer and salesman properly and bargain as per the market price.If you get a good deal, you will save a lot of time and be in peace.
Old 5th August 2009, 19:45   #97
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine (a first time car buyer) also had a bad experience with True Value in Bangalore. He paid Rs. 2.15 lacs for a second hand Zen (1999 model and 30,000 kms done) last year and it was the biggest mistake he committed.

The car gave problems the very second day after he drove it out of the workshop. In all since he bought the car in Jan 2008 to when he sold it in May 2009 the following parts were changed- Radiator head gasket, clutch, fuel pump, drive shafts. The a/c compressor also had recurring problems and the evaporator also had to be replaced.

Frustrated, he sold the car and upgraded to a brand new i10 when he moved to Hyderabad. The point here is that this guy was not knowledgeable and probably was cheated into this lemon by the salesman. He went alone to buy the car and did not take friends/family who could give everything a second look.

Also, it is not fair on Maruti True Value to palm of such defective cars to unsuspecting customers. My take on true value - scrutinize every little detail and walk away if you smell something fishy.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:50   #98
BANNED

Two years ago, one of my friends bought a 2001 Alto LX from True Value division of Sai Service Station, Kochi. My friend is the 2nd owner.

Last year he went to another Cochin dealer to exchange it with Swift. The mechanic checked the car and found that the left door was changed due to an accident. He came to know about this after having used it for one year and for 36,000 KMS !

He immediately shot off an e-mail to Maruti. But even after one year no reply !

The car is still in good condition and runs well. That incident nullified our perception that True Value cars are free of accidents !
Old 6th August 2009, 11:56   #99
BHPian

By any chance, will you be able to tell how the mechanic found that the "left door was changed". It would be really helpfull to know these things.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:43   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
By any chance, will you be able to tell how the mechanic found that the "left door was changed". It would be really helpfull to know these things.
The mechanic told some "seal" has been broken(like warranty seal in electronic devices) and the car's left side has been re-painted.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:09   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Can somebody suggest some trustworthy used car dealers in Hyderabad. Going by the posts, I have started disbelieving even First Choice and Maruti True Value guys.

I am looking for a used hatch car (budget: around 1.5L-1.75L).

Also, it would be really helpful if someone can give me the number of a good mechanic in Hyderabad who can check the car. How much do they charge?

-Thanks..
Old 11th April 2010, 12:21   #102
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2010 at 10:36.
ottocycle is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:08   #103
BHPian

My experience with AAA's true value has been like the rest of the people. The person quoted over inflated prices for everything from registration to fitness certificate. He quoted 2000 rupees for registration transfer so we can get the exchange bonus and I got it done myself for around 350 rupees , not to mention he said the fitness would cost some thousand rupees and a similar quote for road tax.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:31   #104
Senior - BHPian

I have already described my experience in buying a M800 5-speed from a TrueValue dealer elsewhere on the forums. When I decided to sell the car after owning it for 4 years, I had the Versa in mind as a cheap yet feature rich MUV that could carry 8 people. I approached a different TrueValue dealer, one who had a ready Versa to deliver. They evaluated the car and offered me around ~65K plus exchange bonus. With some bargaining it could have gone up by another 1K or 2 maybe. The biggest problem was when I went to trade in the car. They said they could not close a car overdraft I had taken on the car from ICICI, and I would have to close it myself. Even after me offering to leave the car to them and depositing a cheque for the balance amount of the overdraft, they didn't budge. I drove out (of the dealership and of the deal too).

But in general, except for the overdraft issue, the experience as a seller was pretty good. The valuation too was decent, not as high as I would have liked it to be, but then again not completely in their favour too. I realize they probably would have sold the same car for more than 1 lakh, but that's part of their business practice.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:56   #105
BHPian

I have bought my Wagonr from TV in bangalore in 2005. I found the price was bit on the higher side but the car was in good condition. They offered me one year warranty. I have changed the struts and rear shock absorbers under warranty after 9 months of purchase. The car has done over 1 lakh kms now after purchase and no issues so far except periodical service.

It was overall a good experince for me with TV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks