Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:21   #76
BHPian

There is a difference of Rs.67000 in buyback and selling price of a 2003 model ZEN at the same showroom in delhi.
Isn't that too much?
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:46   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
ZAPPO posted - I have known TV and AutomartIndia to reduce the asking price by as much as 50000 rupees on cars.

Reduced 50000.? can u pl narrate this..in case if this has happened to your known circle.
Heinnn heinnnnnn... back then I saw a rum-red Zen D, old jelly bean shape (AFAIR it was 2000 model, already 6 years old) with new tyres but 88000+ kms on the odo. Its insurance was to have expired in 2 months. TV quoted 3.75L for the car. I made a face and pulled away. The guy chased me for a while and came down to 3.45L I was not interested. Later when I went to the same TV again after a month to check another car I just casually enquired about that car as it was gone. The salesman informed me that it was finally sold for 3.27L or so and even empathised with me and suggested that if I would have shown some more interest I could have picked it up as their manager would have agreed to sell it for around 3.25 to me as well.

Big deal, as if I would have paid 3.25 for a car more than 6 years old and with 88000+ kms on the odo. On second thoughts think of the nut who would have picked it up for 3.27! No wonder TV is in business inspite of such illogical and idiotic pricings.
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:05   #78
VKJ
BHPian

Reg. Maruti True value

I wanted to know if they only entertain trade-in's against new maruti/suzuki car or are they open ended w.r.t. selling/buying?
Old 23rd August 2007, 23:57   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Big deal, as if I would have paid 3.25 for a car more than 6 years old and with 88000+ kms on the odo. On second thoughts think of the nut who would have picked it up for 3.27! No wonder TV is in business inspite of such illogical and idiotic pricings.
Thinking more about it! Maruti can keep the second hand car price at steady levels, thereby helping new cars sales also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
I wanted to know if they only entertain trade-in's against new maruti/suzuki car or are they open ended w.r.t. selling/buying?
As far as i know, they are... But then again, it depends on the dealer also!
Old 24th August 2007, 00:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKJ View Post
From my experience, if you are trading in your car to pick up a new maruti they will always buy the car irrespective of its make. However if you are just interested to sell your car many of them are not so keen to buy non-marutis. However some smaller TV outlets do buy even non-marutis even if you are not buying a new one from them.

For buying of course you can just saunter in and make your choice. No trade-in required.
Old 27th September 2007, 17:39   #81
BHPian

true value is not a true one !

dudes first of all,MUL is giving "true" value for vehicles bought after year 2000.

i will share a real incident with you all
one of my cousine is doing a rent a car business he once sold one of the rental cars to a true value dealer here in my city and he got good value because it had a single owner ! (as he didnt change the ownership after he bought that from some good guy !)

you can imagine what will be the wear and tear of a rented car !

the same vehicle was taken to the other dealer in our city after another guy bought that from true value and unfortunately the same place from where this car was under going regular services after each rental drives !
the service people identifies the vehicle as rent a car and they told the owner about the pit fall !

And finally the dealer was forced to take back the so called "true value" car as they were about to get legal actions

So you can decide what "true value" means
Old 13th October 2007, 17:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

True Value - Not Good Value !!

Just narrating a small experience I had when I visited a True Value dealer here in Agra with one of my friends.

He wanted to sell his WagonR Lx ( March 2005 Model, Accidental 3 Times, 57K on the Odo ). Car's not in a very good shape and since it met with an accident the 3rd time, my friend decided he'd finally get rid of it.

I know the car is not very old BUT the 3 times accident record is not a good one - especially since 2 out of 3 accidents were frontal where a lot of damage to the engine / blower / AC Compressor was there. Also a 2 year old WagonR with 57k on the Odo would get you only 2 lacs in the normal market ( without any accidental history ). Correct me if I am wrong.

All this accidental history is known to the Maruti Dealer - He says to us after we get the car repaired ( through Insurance ) He will get put it up in the True Value Showroom.

We asked him how much should we expect out of this vehicle ( we were thinking more like 1.6 Lacs in our minds ) - He says 2.25 Lacs will be his minimum deal which we will get !!

We said how in the hell would he manage this - he says he is going to give the WagonR the complete treatment ( dents, paints etc etc. ) and sell it to some unknown suspect. Also tamper with the Digital Odo Readings ( How he can do this - I do not know ). My friend agreed ( of course he did ) and its going to be on sale in a few days.

He plans to buy a Getz now !!

Just shows how these Morons take unsuspected customers for a Ride.

I think better places for buying a car is Automart India. They still check your vehicle thoroughly before quoting you a selling / buying price.

Last edited by vkochar : 13th October 2007 at 17:55.
Old 14th October 2007, 00:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

My Experience: Not so Bad yet ;-)

and keeping my fingers crossed. Well, I've bought two true value cars already and luckily had both the cars I got in really good condition.But I feel and have seen that different True Values on a same city(bangalore in my case) have very different prices.
When I bought my Zen I was not much aware of the prices of a second hand cars and bought it impulsively. But after that I checked the prices and it seems I've paid around 20k more then the market price.But the car was in very good condition and so it didn't bother me much.I bought it from Bimal True Value.And I actually didn't like the attitude of the sales people there.
Second time when I got my Baleno, the experience was different.I've checked the prices around the city and it seemed the price offered by TV was at par with current rates.This time it was True Value Pratham. I also inquired at different True Values and got very different quotes. And it seems Bimal/Sagar and to some extent mandovi(or was it RNS,not sure) were on the quite higher side(have posted this in my car buying experience thread already I think). Pratham and RNS(or may be Mandovi not able to recollect) prices were similar to normal market price.
Recently again inquired at Pratham for a Swift for a friend of mine and then also I found their price is almost at par.So probably not all the True Values quote high prices,it depend on different dealers.
just my 2 cents.
Old 15th October 2007, 09:37   #84
BANNED

kaushik_s : You are very much true. The pricing varies from dealers to dealers .
Old 1st November 2008, 04:51   #85
BHPian

I had been on the look out for a Baleno for a long time. That is when our fellow tbpian Ram_Hyundai introduced me to the True Value guys in aleppey. They had couple of Baleno's in their stock a 2006 model lxi for 3.55 and a 06 VXi for 4.0 L.
Must say the vehicles in their stock were in mint condition. I even saw a 2001 M800 five speed there which was in absolute showroom condition. They were offering a year's warranty on it as well.
Their prices seemed quite exhorbitant to me initially. But a brief market study proved otherwise. Yes there would be about 15k to 20k difference in their price w.r.t the market rate. But it is a premium one has to pay for one year of peace of mind. Since the vehicle was covered under a OEM Warranty that too with All India Service back up. But I wasnt in a position to stretch my budjet to that extent so had to look elsewhere.
Finally I have bought myself a 05 Baleno Lxi for 3.25L directly from a customer. I was curious about what they would offer me, if I wanted to sell it. They have offered me 3.1 L. Reasonable I suppose. And probably they would sell it after refurbishment for about 3.4
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:22   #86
BANNED

Advice Needed urgent

Guys
I need a quick advice from you. I was looking for a diesel swift but found the pricing very high. So going for a Swift petrol in maruti true value in cochin.This is a 07 model done 8000kms in mint condition.Dealer is asking 3.9 L. The piece is well maintained, I presume...no scratches or dents ,very clean .

Please advice...

Dilip Kumar
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:50   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
I need a quick advice from you. I was looking for a diesel swift but found the pricing very high. So going for a Swift petrol in maruti true value in cochin.This is a 07 model done 8000kms in mint condition.Dealer is asking 3.9 L. The piece is well maintained, I presume...no scratches or dents ,very clean .

Please advice...

Dilip Kumar
Is that VXi/Lxi/Zxi ?
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:08   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Is that VXi/Lxi/Zxi ?
Sorry mithun...its a Vxi white colour
Old 23rd February 2009, 23:33   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Sorry mithun...its a Vxi white colour
Try to bargain for 3.7L since it's 2 years old.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:13   #90
BANNED

help please!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Try to bargain for 3.7L since it's 2 years old.
The car is only 1.5 years old.They are very adamant about the pricing. I tried to lessen the asking price for about two hrs today. They said that white colour has got market value and they can sell at that price. Is there any LDI available for sale with any members from cochin in this forum? I have seen numerous reviews where they say the mileage is poor for VXI..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks