Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 16:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unhappy experience in a repeat Scorpio purchase!!

Hai,

I see what you mean. My comments in Bold below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Well i see your point.
But just because you are a regular you cant expect them to change their configuration and customize according to your needs. This is not a BENZ/ LIMO. Its an Indian brand.

I fully understand that. That kind of customization would come at a hefty price, what I wanted was nuts and bolts stuff. I had a real good look at all varieties, seat fixing options, standardized floor holes for different configurations of the middle rows last week, you can fix it any which way, all it would need is a combination of seats, nuts and bolts. Nobody at the ASC knew that before I checked it out personally, nobody form M&M bothered to explain it to me.

My problem was middle row comfort and the possibility of removal of last row altogether. If it was a 7 seator or 8 seator the middle row comfort WOULD BE THE SAME, nobody knew, nobody explained it to me from M&M, until someone realized this fact and it was communicated to me very late, over phone, after I had complained, after they had written a shocking letter to me and after everyone here and elsewhere said I am cranky to expect customization just for me. The fact that this was done earlier 4 years back was conveniently overlooked. I have already proved my point to the ASC, M&M by showing quotes, purchase order copies, what they actually invoiced and what was registered in the RC Book for my last purchase.

It struck me when i was all in to buy the scorpio 1 year back.
I wanted a all black scorpio with gray interiors with the latest mhawk engine and features.

All they offer is a dual tone dirty black and grey combination and the ridiculously multicolored interiors. Each part is in different color. Even a kindergarten kid will think twice before introducing so many odd colors into a hulk like scorpio.
Seat in one color, roof in one, dash board in two, doors in on, center console with wound finish.

Anyone with a little bit of colour in their blood would know that the interior combinations are pretty weird, not sober and royal in any way. Well, if wishes were horses.....

It had an awesome look and color combination and why did they change all that with this multicolored look?
All they had to say was take it or leave it, this is what the Indian govt has licensed us to sell...

So ditch the plan if it does not fit your taste
Or so many custom modelers are out there to get you what you want. changing seats would n be a big problem.

No way I'd ditch the plan, Scorpio is a cracker truck..... I need to iron out the constraints

Changing the color of the grey part in black scorpio into black was quoted about 22k.

They wanted 30 K for claddings to be fixed on a LX model, outside I got it done at 15 K, so I know what you're saying.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th August 2011 at 16:44.
Old 6th August 2011, 11:50   #47
BHPian

You seem to have worked out everything.
All the best with your purchase mate.
Its all about a satisfied ride.
Enjoy your all new Scorpio.Cheers
Old 6th August 2011, 16:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
You seem to have worked out everything.
All the best with your purchase mate.
Its all about a satisfied ride.
Enjoy your all new Scorpio.Cheers
Thank for your wishes.

The kind of detail nut I am, I asked the ASC today what's the gap between the front and rear seats, they were pretty confused so I went and measured the distance; this would be interesting for would be purchasers of the scorpio and those who already have it.

1. 7 seater: fixed middle row, with the co-driver seat pulled all the way back - 9.5 inches.
2. 8 seater: with the middle seat pulled all the way back and the co-driver seat pulled all the way back - 9.5 inches.

So I am going for the 7 seater which will give me an option to place the boom box.

--Ramky
======
Old 10th August 2011, 12:19   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ramkya1 - hello after a long time. Best of luck with your new 4WD Scorpio. I look forward to your comments on performance, ride, handling etc.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 10th August 2011, 15:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Behram,

You are part of my motivation to buy in 2007, good to hear form you. Will come back with details.

The vehicle has arrived at the ASC yard, way before the promised 2nd September date, the wheels do spin fast if they are motivated or cranked.

The ASC would do basics tomorrow and probably I'd take delivery on Friday.

--Ramky
======

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Ramkya1 - hello after a long time. Best of luck with your new 4WD Scorpio. I look forward to your comments on performance, ride, handling etc.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th August 2011, 00:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hai Friends,

I took delivery of a white 4WD 7 seat white Mhwak Scorpio yesterday evening 5 PM from the ASC. Thanks to many of you who wished me luck.

The less said about the ASC, the better. The girl who handled the transaction almost caught my feet (that did not make me feel great, I felt helpless at the whole sequlea of events) and begged me to give a rating between 8-10 in the satisfaction report, I did. She is a victim of a system which does not have robust SOP's on selling cycle, CRM or training; if it exists someone deep-sixed it long back.

I could manage corporate discounts and insurance discounts because I shouted and kept shouting and made a scene, that also accelerated the delivery date and got me some attention to get my problem addressed. A one off normal buyer would get pretty much annoyed and given a choice would not buy. Unfortunately, we don't have many choices in 4x4 at this price and M&M makes a cracker of a product like the Tatas with the Safari.

At first hand experience (would add to other reviews of the Mhwak later):
First thing I tested was the 4x4, very reassuring engagement, power and disengagement, need to seal the electronics underneath from water like many others have done. The engine is very smooth, more refined and silent compared to the 2.6 crde. Off the block, it's also less torquay; guess the torque curve is more leniar, but once it crosses 2K rpm, it's pretty good. The electronics are overwhelming at first but the CD that comes along with the owners manual is pretty good to understand main features. The ASC did not explain 25% of what it could do, wonder if they ever see the CD or know what's inside it, they did not say anything about the CD, I found it by chance inside the folder....... here I got again, let me come back on track. The cruise control is awesome and so are the power packed electronic gizmos. More later.

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 14th August 2011 at 00:59.
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2011, 08:42   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Ramky, Congrats on the new Scorp. When's the next drive to you know where ?
Old 14th August 2011, 10:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ramky, Congrats on the new Scorp. When's the next drive to you know where ?
Tnx. My heart is set on the Kargil - Padum which we had to scuttle last time due to a burst tyre and Pansi La was almost closed. From recent reports from Glen and Saji who passed thro. Sach pass, this is the mother of them all; tempted to try ASAP.

--Ramky
=======
Old 14th August 2011, 17:28   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, Ramky, а super- big round of applause and congratulations from my side too! Here's wishing you more fun and enjoyment than you could ever achieve in your previous Scorpio.
Old 14th August 2011, 19:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Congratulations. Padum is gonna be conquered soon i guess.
Cruise control? eh! Will you ever use it.
Old 14th August 2011, 19:56   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Cruise control? eh! Will you ever use it.
KP, cruise control is addictive, it is such a boon on the highway. You've got to experience it to know how effective it is.

Oh, and it's time to change the thread title now... All's well that ends well. What say Ramky Sir?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 14th August 2011 at 20:08.
Old 14th August 2011, 21:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
KP, cruise control is addictive, it is such a boon on the highway. You've got to experience it to know how effective it is.

Oh, and it's time to change the thread title now... All's well that ends well. What say Ramky Sir?
KP: I think we'd do it together sometime soon. It took me lots of time to learn the electronics, but they're all useful. The cruise control is addictive and great on the highway.

SST: You're spot on on the Cruise Control and on this thread. Time to close this, I'd start posting experiences in different threads and would reply only if something significant is posted in relation to the ASC.

--Ramky
=======
Old 16th August 2011, 06:37   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations boss. All's well that ends well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks