Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 07:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Peninsular Honda, Tvm

Quote:
I dont mind picking up the car as it is. I am a very reasonable man but in this case not without milking them for what its worth.
I do appreciate your concern and respect you for your humility in dealing with the situation. My only suggestion to you would be to firmly hold your ground while negotiating them for these accessories. Infact, they may be used to such situations and people may have not bothered much while taking possession of car. The customers must have left with bad taste and must have taken their behaviour by stride.

I wish you all the best for today.

Quote:
Had we known this prior to handing over the cheque, I would have pulled you out of the showroom
Appreciate your stand on this. Your standing by with dealthwalkr will certainly add to his advantage. I still believe your support in such cases and both of you being together will only make 1+1=11.

Best wishes
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 09:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Peninsular Honda, Tvm

@Equus: Thanks. I shall wait for the dealer's response today and then decide whether to write to Honda or not.

@Mints21: Yes. Which is why is asked JK to come along to check out the car in the yard. His keen eyes may spot what my gullible eyes may not And thanks for the wishes.

Shall update once i get some news.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 18:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Peninsular Honda, Trivandrum - My sad story

So settled things with getting freebies for 10k odd.

Side protectors, mats, rear parking sensors and bumper corner protectors.

Still wondering if the 10k odd premium was worth it just for black interiors. Ah well
Old 19th June 2015, 14:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@penlax,

Sorry to hear the happenings.These kind of things will generally happen when a particular dealer has monopoly over such an important area as Trivandrum. This also illustrates the necessity for Honda to widen their network and appoint more responsible dealers.
@penlax - I wish I had seen this a month ago. I had a very very bad experience at Peninsular Honda this month. Seems even after years, they have not changed.

"I had booked a Honda Brio from "Peninsular" in Trivandrum, Kerala. I had personally gone to the yard and inspected all cars. There was a 2015 Feb made Brio and an April made Brio (Thanks to VIN thread in TBHP). I insisted the sales guy that I need the April one. All deal done and next day he registered the vehicle. I couldn't take it from dealer for a week due to auspicious reasons. When I went there a day before delivery, thunder struck. Sales guy told me that the April made model had some ac compressor issue ( a brand car parked in yard!!?) and hence they have registered the Feb model in my name. I was shattered beyond words by the breach of trust. I said I don't want this car but he apologised a lot and said since the registration is done nothing can be done. I finally agreed to take a 3 month old car for a 1 month fresh one. If only I had known that till we sign the papers we can still reject the offer.

I will spread the word to anyone who wants to buy a car, to go through this thread.

I personally don't have issues with a couple of months old car. What hurt me was the breach of trust and the audacity they showed to hide it from me till the last minute, when I couldn't say no.

Never again."

Now that Perfect Honda has started in TVM, these morons can no longer play with customers I think.

-Nishanth
Old 27th August 2015, 00:03   #20
BHPian

Hi Nishanth,
I just visited team bhp after a long break and spotted your post. Hope all is well with you car. At Cochin we have Vision Honda now too. But so far I have no problems with Peninsular Honda Cochin.
However sorry to hear you experience.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 12:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hi Nishanth,
I just visited team bhp after a long break and spotted your post. Hope all is well with you car. At Cochin we have Vision Honda now too. But so far I have no problems with Peninsular Honda Cochin.
However sorry to hear you experience.
Thanks @charthom

Yes, all is well with the car. She has crossed approx 6k kms and runs like silk.

On the car swap issue, the car sales guy was extremely apologetic. He said that since it was month end and was very busy closing sales. The delivery team went to the yard and took the oldest and registered it in my name (First in First Out). It could have been avoided however and he could have intimated me about the gaffe as soon as he knew about it.

The guy offered me 1 more accessory as a compensation, which I am yet to decide upon.

Though it was a sour episode, I forgave him, since he seemed sorry from the heart.

Yes, I am in fact from Kochi and had enquired Vision & Peninsular Kochi, before finalizing it from Peninsular TVM, who gave the best deal. (Free Insurance, Seat Cover, Original Mat, side beading, mud flaps, body cover )

On the service side- I have to say that Peninsular Honda is far superior than Perfect. Though not as large as Perfect, the guys know their job. Perfect is new, and seems like they are yet to get the knack of giving a "perfect" service. Once I gave my car for a wash and they made me wait for 3 hours, and the wash was so perfect that the car roof had a dirt patch on the middle, where the cleaning boys couldn't reach their hands.

How do you compare Kochi service stations, Vision & Peninsular?

Cheers,
Nishanth
Old 11th September 2015, 06:35   #22
BHPian

Hi Nishant,
The second dealership at Cochin is Vivaan Honda-not Vision. I have no experience with them;have been going only to Peninsular. They are just ok. The car is good hardly ever gave problems-until recently.

The AC motor acnd capacitor seems to have burnt out. Even though the expenses will be covered under my extended warranty-they are claiming a 10 days period for procuring the spares. I am finding it ridiculous that they are not keeping essential spares.

Now waiting for the spares to arrive. How frustrating!

It appears to be a genuine mistake in your case. What accessory are you opting for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks