Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 18:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Solitaire Honda Service - Disorganised and Dissapointing

So I wanted to get the Civic serviced. I had already got the wipers changed at Solitaire Honda and the experience was satisfactory, so I decided to get the car serviced from there.

Spoke to Dippy and he asked me to get in touch with Bhavin Joshi, who handled his car and GTO's car as well. I spoke to him on Thursday and I Bhavin told me to get the car on Saturday at 9 am.

About 5 minutes back, I get a call from Solitaire Honda and the lady tells me that you were to come tomorrow for the service but we do not have slots. Could you come next week ?

I tell her Bhavin has given me a 9 am slot on Saturday so she better check with him. She says he was not aware of slots available and I would have to come next week. I tell her I am not interested in getting the car serviced at Solitaire. Period.

If Bhavin gave me a slot - he better honour it. Or he should have told me that he will check and call back.

They had a day in-between to co-ordinate but they didn't. Now last minute they want me to change my plans.

Get lost Solitaire - I am going my way. Will get the car serviced from my friendly local neighborhood garage.

Solitaire Honda is PATHETIC.
Old 5th August 2011, 18:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Solitaire Honda Service - Disorganised and Dissapointing

Dude, over-reaction man!

Such slips happen at times - I've experienced them myself at a Honda dealer up north.

They've informed you well in advance; a day before is good enough, right?

Why let go of a A.S.S. because of one stray incident; especially when 2 people have recommended it.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 18:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

They inform me at 6 pm ? I have altered my plans for Saturday as per what they had alloted me.

So now just because they do not have internal communications - I have to suffer ? Why ?
Old 5th August 2011, 18:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

To go by the rule book, it is not entirely their fault. You called and took an appointment with someone who's handled GTO and Dippy's cars. So probably he's a mechanic or SA. Obviously, he is not the person to list appointments. The right person to take an appt. is the Service reception; presumably the lady who called you. Of course, Mr. Joshi could have been professional and checked with her and then given you an appt. but this doesn't reflect on Solitaire at all.

Chill and take an appt. If GTO and Dippy get their cars serviced there, they must be good. Let this incident go.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th August 2011 at 18:28.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 18:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Smsed Mr Anwar who asked me to get the car over tomorrow. Things will be taken care of he said.

Let's see.
Old 5th August 2011, 18:34   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

NC, sorry to say, but this is definitely an over-reaction. Sure, what they did in the first place is wrong and it clearly shows a lack of organisation. But I can tell you that you should NOT avoid a service center just because of this one incident. Heck, to me, quality of service matters a LOT more than a canceled appointment. I intend to send my car to Solitaire Honda only.

BTW, today is a funny day. Mom went to the bank and had to return as it was unexpectedly closed. I reached the gym, only to be told that it's shut today due to last-minute maintenance.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 18:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well i will be waiting for your feedback as i am considering taking my Civic to them for a service.
Old 5th August 2011, 18:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

BTW, today is a funny day. Mom went to the bank and had to return as it was unexpectedly closed.
Banks were on strike today I read.

But Anwar has asked me to come over. Will report back tomorrow.
Old 5th August 2011, 18:41   #9
Team-BHP Support

Look at the silver lining. They informed you in advance that they won't be accommodating your Car, instead landing up at the SVC in the morning and finding this out yourself.

Hope this up-lifted your mood a bit And as Mr. Anwar has asked you to come over, all should be good as far as Saturday scheduling goes.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 02:56   #10
BHPian

I second to NC

I also faced the same situation with solitaire honda, they never knew about my appointment regards to checking of the engine mount inspite of me confirming with them twice.
After reaching they say to me "Sir we dont have time slot allotted for you, but will try to check you car for the mounts" I got frustrated but maintaing my cool i said "ok"

They confirmed mount was a bust, but to get a second opnion took the car to Linkway Honda they throughly checked the car and back checked the complete vehicle history an d they came to know that mount was replaced just a few months back before i had bought it.
So after full diagnosis it waqs concluded that due to excess AC refrigerant pressure inside the system it resulted in abnormal vibrations with AC on after the pressure was corrected my Silver rocket was back to normal and i got a bill of 900rs.

So the Question what type of Diagnosis did the Solitaire mechanic and the senior mechanic and the SA carried out?

I would recommend Linkway over Solitaire anyday way more professional and better diagnosis and service.Period.
Old 6th August 2011, 14:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

NC, maybe Anwar saw this thread and decided not to risk Solitaire's reputation further eh?

I am with you on this- hate last-minute cancellations: had one done on me yesterday but thanks to that could attend the T-BH breakfast meet today so not complaining! Please keep us posted on how the service goes.
Old 6th August 2011, 14:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

So I drive into Solitaire Honda service today morning around 0920. Walked up to the reception and promptly came to know that my car number was not featured in their list of service appointments for the day. I ask them to check with Anwar and am told to wait in the lounge.

Flashback - yesterday I was informed that solitaire had 3 sa's and 2 were required at their thane showroom for some training, hence the calls to customers to shift the appointments.

Cut to present - I was surprised to see at least 5 sa's on the join on the morning. Good start.

Met Anwar and Bhavin was appointed to my car. Waited for another 30 minutes before Bhavin got free from his previous appointment.

The 35K service is to be carried out, I insisted on the oil change.

And greasing of the cable that opens the boot and the fuel tank cap along with the change of roof cabin light which has gone kaput is to be done.

I have asked him to check on the humming noise from the left rear side - whether it is the bearing or the tyre (which I strongly suspect).

The car should be done by 1730 according to Bhavin and the estimate I have got is 4000 Rs.

Waiting for a call from Bhavin for the update on the car.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 6th August 2011 at 14:55.
Old 6th August 2011, 20:10   #13

well friends if this is a reason to complaint then Ace Honda up here in Delhi is an example of disorganization and I have to say it is the epitome of cheating excellence. These guys took more than 3 weeks to fix minor dents and service my car. I was called and told that the car was ready. I informed them that I was on a tight schedule and would be grateful if my paper work was ready so that i could pay, thank them for their service and leave quickly.
well forget the paperwork I was made to wait for 45 minutes to find my bill was not ready. Fighting frustration I went to inspect my car and found the tools, spare wheel and my rear wiper was missing. On enquiring was told they will be found and placed in the car within 10 minutes( Liars!) .The rear wiper was not available in -house. Hence,i was told to come back 3 days later and get it replaced. I stormed out without a word .
Ace Honda contacted me the next day to come inspect the car. I asked them politely to recheck that the car was ready and they told me that I will get a call from them in 5 minutes to confirm the status of the car. well , the call came in 4 days . I went hoping thing would be o.k and i shall be back home in a jiffy . Na no such luck the rear door panel had been broken and some joker had fixed it with super glue. This was a crap job too because it had sprung loose from the site of repair. Well this was the last straw, I threw a fit and in 20 minutes time the panel was replaced.(wonder way could they not do that earlier without their G.M getting involved.)
Moral of the story
1) Being polite and nice to your auto mechanics at Ace Honda does not work.
2) Avoid Ace Honda at all costs!!!!!!!
Old 17th October 2011, 17:17   #14
BHPian

I've had a few such experiences (much worse actually) with Solitaire (fuel missing from the tank was not good. Pink paint touch up on a white bumper was surely not cool). At the risk of sounding repetitive, Linkway does a much better job.
Old 1st August 2012, 20:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

As a bhpian i strongly appeal and urge to Honda owners bhpian or otherwise to stay away from Solitaire Honda Andheri especially Mr Satish Patel who works as a SA there.This particilaur person would sweet talk you to fix things that may not be necessarily wrong in your car and would also give you a inflated bill much more than estimated one.

After spending close to 25K on repairs my car still seems to have the same issue that it had before i had given the car for repair.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Please read my below posts for details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2857950

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2858800

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks