Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 15:35   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dealer SCAM : Service the car *more frequently* than required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
suggested wheel alignment, balancing and rotation needs to be done every 5K kms.
Wheel alignment at 5K is OK if you drive a lot through bad broken roads. This can be done at any wheel alignment centers and not necessarily a MASS. Many such centers in Kerala offers a free follow up check after 1K or 1.5K.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Would you, in that case, agree to use of non MDP spares which some dealers use? You have every right to see the oil to ensure conformity to specs.
How to do other checking and corrections at a MASS and then oil change alone elsewhere. Not at all practical and recommended during warranty period and extended warranty period.
How do you equate choosing the oil container size to be the same thing as using non-MDP spares? Im sorry, but your comparison is ludicrous.

As long as they are using the correct oil as recommended by Maruti, theyre in the clear.

Good luck going to your MASS dealer and trying to dictate what size oil container they should be using...Im sure you'll find their response highly illuminating.

Last edited by ghostrider : 28th August 2011 at 22:54.
Old 28th August 2011, 23:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
How do you equate choosing the oil container size to be the same thing as using non-MDP spares? Im sorry, but your comparison is ludicrous.

As long as they are using the correct oil as recommended by Maruti, theyre in the clear.
Like MGP spares lube oil also comes in MGP packs. Needless to say that, that is to be used. Simply using correct oil is just not enough. Sealed oil can directly be poured into the engine unlike oil from other big containers which requires use of smaller jars for the job. This may result in a lot of dirt getting into the engine.

Therefore whatever term you use my comparison just stays on.

Last edited by rajeev k : 28th August 2011 at 23:42.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Nexus yesterday, again. It was Karthik again.

Karthik: Sir, your vehicle is due for service this September.

Me: What do you do in this service?

Karthik: Gear oil change,sir. General check up and top up. Body wash.

Me: . Gear oil change? Ain't it done after 20k km or above?

Karthik: I will check with the SA and get back to you.

Me: I remember you called me a week back reminding about a service this September. I called up MSIL and they advised me to do annual/10k km service. Aren't you aware of the service interval?

Karthik: Sir, our system has generated this reminder.

Me: Fine. (I have nothing more to say).

Seems like MSIL's mail was auto generated and most probably my complaint was never read by a human. Well done MSIL. Take a bow.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:34   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the epitome of ineptitude. Just block their number on your mobile. You should probably consider changing MAS too. If they can't manage a simple alert system, chances are they won't be that great servicing your car as well.
Old 1st September 2011, 14:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This is the epitome of ineptitude. Just block their number on your mobile. You should probably consider changing MAS too. If they can't manage a simple alert system, chances are they won't be that great servicing your car as well.
Yes, true that. My dad has asked me to change the MASS. I simply have lost faith in Nexus. Back to Sagar motors then.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

The fact is, almost all the service centers are doing it. i run a 2007 VXI, 1.3ltr swift. changed from sagar, to UM Cars and now Smart cars. everybody keeps calling saying service is due and needs to be done every 6 months(or 5000kms)

My usage is rather low and typically less than 10K a year. plus my car is kept in great condition(washed every alternate day) and kept covered.

I ignore them saying as per manual, its 10K or 12 months, since my usage is low i will only be finishing 6-8K in one year.

Also i have seen that atleast all the above service centers that i have visited use that 210 ltr big drum for oil change.

Is there any service center where they use MGA oil cans ?

I might also consider taking my own oil during next service since my car is getting close to 5 yrs old.
Old 1st December 2011, 01:18   #68
BHPian

It is best to follow manufacturer/owner's manual of the car.Having said that there is few other situations when you need to change oil/filter frequently.
1.If you are towing with your car/suv frequently then you should change oil earlier than 5k km or 6 months.
2.If you are driving in a constant stop and go traffic and frequent short distance travels,change oil frequently.
3.Some of the newer cars have oil pH,acidity level etc measurement built in ,in that case follow the engine notification light to show on the dash.
4.If you are driving in a dusty environment again change oil frequently.
5.Safe rule of thumb is the change oil and filter at least once a year in normal driving.
6.Most important thing is to use a very good quality oil filter each time oil is changed,never skimp on oil filter.
Oil is the life line of engine.
Happy motoring.
Old 1st December 2011, 23:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

I Honestly did not face this issue with Hyundai A.S.S. I always give the car to an authorized workshop only. I receive calls in 6 month periods to service the car. I receive calls from multiple dealers but never have received any call in-between 6 months..

The only time i probably felt cornered was when i was asked to do the 30,000 kms service when my car was at 28,000 kms. I hardly drive 2000 kms in 6 months and wanted to do the 30,000 service only after 6 months.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:43   #70
BHPian

Hyundai Service Center Trying Service Schedule scam

I own a 2014 August Hyundai Elite i20 diesel. My car has been put to good use and I have already completed all three free services after 20000km, which came about six months back. The odo now reads somewhere around 27000 km.

Last week, I got a call from Popular Hyundai, telling that my service date is past and I immediately need to get the car to the nearest popular Hyundai service center. I was confused as the last service was 6 months back and my car has done only around 7000 km after that. I mentioned the same to the lady who called. But she replied that since my free services are over, I need to do the paid services once in every six months.

I was confused and asked her whether Hyundai has changed the service schedule for i20 recently. She did not reply, but just kept telling that I need
to get my car serviced. I told her that from My understanding, the service schedule is once in a year or 10000 km. But I will check with Hyundai for any such change, and if required will service my car.

Upon checking with Hyundai customer care, they assured of no such changes and that the service interval is indeed a year or 10000km. Thought the call would have been made by an ignorant SA. So did not follow up on that.

Today morning, again got a call from Popular Hyundai, asking me why I have not serviced my car. The SA kept saying that paid services needs to be done once in every six months. But this time, I asked her that My service manual as well as Hyundai customer care says that the service interval is once in a year or 10000km. So why should I do a paid service once in every six months. She had no answer. Asked her whether they are trying to fool people into servicing their cars. Again no answer. The SA just kept saying
its 6 month after last service, please get your car to the nearest Popular Hyundai and get the paid service done.

Earlier I felt it would have been an ignorant SA. But now, I feel this could be scam where they just call people who are our of free service and just tell
them that you need to service your car once in every six months. People who are unaware of the details about service interval and all, would definitely take the car for a paid service.

If the call was attended my father who is not that aware of Hyundai's service schedules, he definitely would have apologized for missing the service, and taken the car to popular Hyundai the same day for a paid service. And they would definitely charge him around Rs 8000 for a
service that was not needed.

Not sure whether this is being done with Hyundai's knowledge or just Popular Hyundai trying to fool people into doing un necessary services just o make more profit.

I love my car, its a wonderful product from Hyundai. But incidents like this make me more and more uncomfortable when I think about the long term maintenance of my car. Of course, its only good for your car If you service it once it six months. But with service centers like this who can assure you that they will do a full service rather than just top up oil and a water wash....
ps_abhijith is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 11:51   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Service Center Trying Service Schedule scam

This is the case even in Bangalore. The HASS call up in 6 months and say the vehicle is due for service. I politely tell them that its 1 year interval and hang up.

Apprantly every service center has a weekly revenue target that they have to meet. This is not mandated by Hyundai but by the money hungry Dealership management. So they direct the employees to meet the targets leading to such un-necessary calls. Advaith hyundai Rajajinagar where i get my car serviced does it . Those gullible will fall for it and lose money

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 4th March 2016 at 12:15.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:08   #72
Team-BHP Support

Similar topic exists

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-required.html
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:09   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This is the case even in Bangalore. The HASS call up in 6 months and say the vehicle is due for service. I politely tell them that its 1 year interval and hang up.

Apprantly every service center has a weekly revenue target that they have to meet. This is not mandated by Hyundai but by the money hungry Dealership management. So they direct the employees to meet the targets leading to such un-necessary calls. Advaith hyundai where i get my car serviced does it . Those gullible will fall for it and lose money
I had Hyundai Accent (now sold) which was serviced at Advaith, Rajajinagar Bangalore. Even I use to get call every six months for the service. Then I was not aware of the service timeline and have twice fallen for their tactics. So its an easy guess that they would be making lots of money out of this.
Old 4th March 2016, 12:18   #74
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I am a Mahindra XUV owner and the Global Gallerie Thane service center has been trying to pull the same stunt for quite some time.

Every time they call me for "your service is due", I ask them to give it to me in writing that the service interval is 6 months and I would take that up with the Customer Care. They typically falter at that point and do a course-correction "How many kms have you done since last service?" and I reply "You should be asking that as a first question before claiming that a service is due."

Shameless folks. This time they called me 5 times in about 10 days. The last lady who called got a good verbal thrashing.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:23   #75
BANNED

Every 6 Months i'll also get a call from Bangalore HASS for paid service.

My car Santro-LS1-1999 done with 195000 Km in ODO. I use to service in ASS Coimbatore, Year back i moved to Bangalore and i started servicing here in ASS. My car is 15 years old, For every service i'm spending max 10K(If i say any problems beyond normal service).

My doubt here is how much KM we can run between services?. Early i use to give it every 10K KM/ 8-10 Months period. But now they are asking to give in every 6 months. If am not doing that in 6 months, Then after 8 months/8K-9K ODO once i goes for normal service, they are simply saying need to decarbonize/some parts gone and need to replace which i know its not really required. Totally fed-up with Bangalore ASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks