Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 13:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Fiat Struggles to Sell and a buyer struggles to buy a Fiat as well

Man, you are one mad Fiat fan. The brand may die, but people like you and me, will never.. :o)

Congrats on the new beauty!
Now, it's time to upgrade your speakers for some Raja sir's songs and Rahman's songs.

Take care of your Love!!!
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 13:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
The replacement car arrived last Friday and I completed the PDI on the same day. I am satisfied with the car. This time, the SA accompanied me during the PDI and they kept the car very clean before I arrived their yard. They have understood about their Fiat customers . Here are some snaps taken during the PDI.
I am happy that finally the whole thing has been resolved to your satisfaction. I can only applaud your patience, i would have given up long time back. You are one passionate FIAT customer wish the new car serves you well.

Linea is a very good looking car and if FIAT sorts out problems of A$$ and customer satisfaction i don't see any reason for it not to do well in India. Infact right from the Palio time most of FIAT products are better built then their competitors.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the issue is finally resolved to your satisfaction .
You must be die hard fan to put up with such response while buying a new product.
Fiat needs to pull up its socks , if it has to survive in this cut throat competitive market.

Last edited by ms001 : 13th September 2011 at 13:37.
Old 13th September 2011, 16:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ramesh,

Great attention to detail.

I too am of the opinion that you should look elsewhere.

Spending close to 8.5 lacs + and not buying peace of mind is something I guess you would not want to forego.

This is just the pre-sales. Aftermath post sales will be unimaginabe!!

Moreover, with only 100+ units of Linea sales per month(Aug), I fail to understand if this product will be viable, even 6 months down the line.

I have very high respect for FIAT but a fellow Team BHPians hard earned money should always be well utilized.
Old 13th September 2011, 18:37   #50
BHPian

Rameshnanda,

Congrats on your Linea. It is a gorgeous Car

FIAT needs to get their act together ASAP to survive here.

I too own a Palio Stile and have had an absolutely wonderful experience with the much derided FIAT A.S.S.

Linea is my next Car for sure and contrary to the majority I too would have stuck with Linea if I were in your position. The reason being that the driving pleasure that FIAT provides is unmatched by the more mundane competitors.

Edit - Only Ford comes close

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 13th September 2011 at 18:40.
lloydofcochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 22:40   #51
BHPian

You are mad

I mean that in a good way.

I did a 1.5 hour drive through the mad evening rush hour traffic in Delhi. My body feels like I was in the car for 5 minutes. Not sure how many other cars I can say that about, so yes, the car is fantastic and you have prevailed.

Here's to a great ownership experience, all the best!
cranky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 10:40   #52
BHPian

@Rameshnanda Congratulations on your Linea and It's good to see that you have retained your sanity and gone for what your heart has desired !

Doomsayers will always be there but Customer sanity will prevail in the end. I am going through a similar experience and I am infuriated by the TML distribution system which is causing these delays.

I have good good response from Fiat management so far and can't fault them yet.
IMO TML is the sole cause of the problem and if it's being done deliberately to choke off the competition while still getting the engines they want, Shame on you TML !

Sticking to the thread's topic...what's your position on ICE ? Please do share a few more pics !
Old 15th September 2011, 22:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^Congrats, glad you finally got the car you wanted.

This was at VST right ? Who was in charge of sales ? I remember interacting with a rep called Mohammad
Thanks. Yes, that was VST Stock Yard. The sales in charge for Fiat at VST is Mr. Fazil. My SA is Mr. Subramanian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Man, you are one mad Fiat fan. The brand may die, but people like you and me, will never.. :o)

Congrats on the new beauty!
Now, it's time to upgrade your speakers for some Raja sir's songs and Rahman's songs.

Take care of your Love!!!
Thanks a lot. I already have plans for the ICE upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
You are mad

I mean that in a good way.

I did a 1.5 hour drive through the mad evening rush hour traffic in Delhi. My body feels like I was in the car for 5 minutes. Not sure how many other cars I can say that about, so yes, the car is fantastic and you have prevailed.

Here's to a great ownership experience, all the best!
Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMind View Post
@Rameshnanda Congratulations on your Linea and It's good to see that you have retained your sanity and gone for what your heart has desired !

Doomsayers will always be there but Customer sanity will prevail in the end. I am going through a similar experience and I am infuriated by the TML distribution system which is causing these delays.

I have good good response from Fiat management so far and can't fault them yet.
IMO TML is the sole cause of the problem and if it's being done deliberately to choke off the competition while still getting the engines they want, Shame on you TML !

Sticking to the thread's topic...what's your position on ICE ? Please do share a few more pics !
Yes. TML has to be blamed for the whole issue. One top official of TML whom I spoke to didn't even know to communicate with me in English (He was comfortable with Hindi but I can't speak it). I got irritated and wanted to end the talk soon with him.
Old 17th September 2011, 11:00   #54
BHPian

Hey rameshnanda. Congrats!!! You are one hell of a crazy Fiat fan. The brand survives on likes of us. But not sure how long.

Yes, you are right in saying that the fault lies in TML sales and distribution model. They have clearly tied up with Fiat for the technology and care two hoots about Fiat's sales.

Problem is also with Fiat's QC which has worsened over the years and no attempts being made to correct the recurring issues which have been highlighted in my post above. How difficult is it to track the problems and rectify them. They are not major issues but niggling issues.

One is the customer dissatisfaction and the other is additional cost due to warranty claims and labour cost and time which has to be borne by the dealer. If they strengthen their QC and ensure niggle free cars I am sure the sales would be better.

I wish Fiat luck for our sake!!!!!
Old 21st September 2011, 00:38   #55
BHPian

sad to hear......but finally a happy ending ?
Things you had to compromise:
1. Time
2. Manufacturing month < older
3. Tension & Pressure
4. Less Resale value because of month being older

As someone said in the forum earlier, Fiat should have operated directly. My Friend who went to buy a Punto ended up buying a vista because of sales guys brain-washing him, I hope you wont face Post Sales/Service Issues with your new Linea, many of my friends are regretting getting linea because of:
1. No Spare-Parts Availability incase needed urgently
2. Lack of Knowledge by T.A.S.S. guys to diagnose and fix issues in a MJD vehicle
3. Fiat-Tata Joint Venture gives shivers when we think of it.

Best would have been to go for SX4 Diesel/Swift Desire which runs the same Fiat Engines
Old 21st September 2011, 23:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Finally took the delivery of my Linea on 17th September 2011. The delivery experience was better than expected and well handled by the dealer.
Old 21st September 2011, 23:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club.
A.S.S is not as horrible as it is made out to be.
And trust me. You will be a happy man in Linea. So now its time for pics.
Old 21st September 2011, 23:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Welcome to the club.
A.S.S is not as horrible as it is made out to be.
And trust me. You will be a happy man in Linea. So now its time for pics.
Thanks. And yes I know (about A.S.S). I have owned a Punto before .
Old 7th October 2011, 19:57   #59

rameshnanda

am in the same boat you're a few weeks back .. zoning on a lineatjetplus. me thinks, could gain from your experience, have a few questions. if you don't mind that is, can we have a chat/is there a PM in this forum ...?
Old 10th October 2011, 10:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe-elite View Post
rameshnanda

am in the same boat you're a few weeks back .. zoning on a lineatjetplus. me thinks, could gain from your experience, have a few questions. if you don't mind that is, can we have a chat/is there a PM in this forum ...?
Sure. But, you may not have PM facility until you complete at least 25 posts. Raise your questions in this forum and I would be glad to answer you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks