Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2006, 23:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

They almost burnt my car. This is what I call carelessness.
When I gave it for service it atleast had 3-4 litres of diesel in it. All gone, I am sure they were washing the dash with it.
When you go to bosch, you expect some basic quality. Yes their workshop is okay but there are certain glaring problems
1. Do not take credit cards
2. Do not keep spares in house. Buy from shops.
3. The accessory shop and shop floor are untidy with oil spills and all.

Take it to bosch if you want minor stuff done like ordinary service. For full work like suspension etc., and likes, go to hyundai. You will pay more but it will ensure peace of mind.
Old 2nd September 2006, 00:20   #17
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer i had checked out this workshop lastmonth for that performance chip @ Rs1200. The whole workshop was Dead. The ppl incharge had no clue bout any mods cosmetic or performance. and i saw a "MERC" kept under the cover lots of junk cars inside and no work
Old 2nd September 2006, 03:34   #18

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

woah...cleaned the engine with diesel.havent they ever heard of water.am happy that i have found a good service station.
have faced this problem with vivek automobiles (fiat),everytime i go there,they want to flush the entire engine(after every 5000kms) .crazy i tell you.
Old 2nd September 2006, 10:01   #19
BHPian

hellspawn,
i noticed it sometime back in noida on the signboard of a Fiat dealer in noida that they do accepts other brand cars too for service and all.
is it true? or just a misread statement as i was driving at that time when i read that!
and is it the same Vivek automobiles dealership i saw on noida road while coming from HCL towards IOCL?
Old 2nd September 2006, 20:26   #20
BHPian

Nah..! Vivek Motors is located in Mohan Co-Op esate, just infront of Sarita Vihar Flyover...! I happened to meet a few palio owners there, I din't notice any engine flushing..But good that you said it, I will keep that in mind when my XETA is due for service.
Old 25th October 2006, 10:53   #21
BMW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Also I forgot to mention, there were some Beemers and "imported" cars in the workshop which looked as if picked from scrap yard(no engines, badly rusted shells, no seats, etc., etc.,). Kept there to impress customers I guess, purchased from friendly neighbourhood kabadiwala!

Continetal Automobiles has opened a workshop in Sector-6 just a few blocks away from my factory. I don't know whether they have shifted or they have opened a branch. But the "marketing" tactics seem to be same! Everyday I see the same BMWs and Mercs. I wonder will they ever get repaired and move out from the workshop...

tsk1979, Have you ever been to Auto Engineers in Sector-16?
Old 25th October 2006, 19:16   #22
Team-BHP Support

nope, now I always go to sterling. Reasonably happy with them
Old 26th January 2008, 18:33   #23
BHPian

has anyone tried BOSCH stations now,its been a long time since this thread started..was thinking of trying them out for my lancer.
Old 27th January 2008, 00:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1km gone and soon my engine is smoking. I can see smoke coming out of the bonnet. This has never happened before. I stop the car, and open the bonnet. Predictable. Its the spilled diesel. My lucky stars it did not catch fire.
Diesel needs an open flame to burn. A little heat or for that matter even a very strong spark will not cause diesel to ignite. Only a burning match can do the trick for diesel to combust into a flame.
Autoignition temperature of diesel is 210°C (410°F). And trust me your engine never ever reaches that temperature on the outside surface.

Source: Flash point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 8th June 2008, 01:48   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Bosch car service in Bangalore

Folks,

Anyone's got any feedback on the Bosch car service centers in Bangalore? I'm looking for a more flexible, similarly competent and if possible, a more economical option to MASS towards the long-term maintenance of my Swift in addition to RNS/Suraksha/Green Cars et all.

Thanks.
Old 4th July 2008, 17:18   #26
BHPian

Any feedback on BOSCH service center in Bull temple road ? Anyone tried it ? Its called Adiga Automobiles I think.

Most Viewed