Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2006, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Help! Which Skoda dealer has the best service center in new delhi/Ncrs

Guys, i am on my way to buy another Octavia but am not sure which dealer should i get it from ...

There are four Authorized dealers in new delhi/ncrs

1) Continental Auto(mathura road,new delhi)

2) Giriraj Motors(Gurgaon)

3) Autostrada (Noida)

4) Silvertone motors (delhi)

Now, theres no way i am buying a car from Silvertone motors cos i ve experienced them myself and let me tell you they are Pathetic when it comes to servicing a car and i am sure all you guys who 've experienced them 'll agree ..

So, now i am left with only three .. but, i dont 've much of info about the quality standards maintained by anyone of them ..

So, all you guys who own a Skoda and have heard/experienced any one of the above dealerships ,please give in your suggestions and help me in choosing the right one ..

P.s. We all know that when it comes to servicing ,most of the Skoda dealers dont 've the trained Staff ,most of them are roadside mechanics(atleast thats the case with silvertone motors) ..
So i need to go in for the best option among these .

Please suggest me a better one ,which has a trained,well mannered staff and a good sales team ..

Thanx in advance ..
Old 25th February 2006, 00:45   #2
BHPian

so many views and no replies
I know u must be feeling disappointed I vote for Continental Auto
Call me for my reasons
Cheers
W.A
Old 25th February 2006, 01:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude
so many views and no replies
I know u must be feeling disappointed I vote for Continental Auto
Call me for my reasons
Cheers
W.A
Hehe, thats a nice one and ya thanks for taking the initiative but hey, didnt you know that you need to give me the genuine reasons for voting for the same
Old 5th December 2006, 21:05   #4
BHPian

ive been gettin my dads octavia serviced from continental mathura road since 2 years and the car is still running perfect
silvertone is absolute crap

one of my friend has an octi and once he came by to see after gettin his car serviced and his car is almost as old as mine so i checked the oil on his car and the oil on the oil stick didnt feel new so i took him to a friend who deals in engine oil and he confirmed the oil was changed but it wasnt synthetic
they put normal oil in it while charging for synthetic which is 4 times more expensive

so he got down to silvertone and furious and got the oil changed
Old 6th December 2006, 10:36   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

heard good things bout AUTOSTRADA noida u could contact a fellow member "Damotorhead" who owns a vRS for furthur info
Old 6th December 2006, 10:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

You have asked question that is almost impossible to answer, therefore lack of replies. Choose between devil and deep sea! Or maybe a tic tac toe (after eliminating silvertone).

I think most people who buy skoda for their diesel high mileage running (very good choice) after finishing free service/warranty give it outside to trusted local garage. Maybe you should try that route, unless you feel one of the other three give you decent service.
Old 6th December 2006, 15:23   #7
BHPian

Hey, I think it makes sense to pick up the car from Autostrada or Continental but get it serviced only at Autostrada. Its also because Continental and Silvertone have big volumes and hence service quality is crap. They don't really care.
PM me if you need some help with Autostrada.
P.S aza nice avtar..

Prost,
dMH
Old 6th December 2006, 16:16   #8
BHPian

hi
my 2 cents on the pathetic service quality skoda has:
i baught my octi. from continental couple of years ago.....got my car serviced from them for a year till the time i found out how they were making fools out of lot of people.they changed my fan belt at 10000 kms saying it has worn out and to top it all charged me half the price without billing it,they offered my driver an option of getting synthetic oil at the price of normal if they were paid 1000 rs.
i think lot of things we dont find out coz we hardly interact with mechanics .......i noticed whenever my driver used to take the car for servicing ,there was always some stories of how they are making money by offering all sorts of things.
then after that i started going to silvertone,a friend of mine knows the owner very well so i used to get good service but again as they get too many cars u just cant get the service quality plus i feel they are as good or as bad as continental.
i think in delhi servicing your car is all about your contacts with the service station,so it boils down to how well u know someone at the workshop.
but i have been going to giriraj (gurgaon)for about 6 months and i have had a very good experience there.firstly they dont get too many cars so they can give you individual attention plus they take care of every small detail you mention when u are getting your car serviced.
I wish if service standards in india can be improved coz buying a car worth 12 lacs and not getting proper service is not woth it.
Old 8th December 2006, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Can't comment on Autostrada or Giriraj, as I have never used them. Continental's service staff are morons - I wanted to purchase new floor mats for my vRS and called up Continental as they are near my office. The sevice manager told me replacement mats for vRS are never sold as only one set is provided with a new car from Czech!! So what's the alternative, I ask? Use non-vRS floor mats (the vRS floor mats has stubs that can be locked so the mats do not move about). Called up Silvertone - spoke to a guy named Ajit - "Sir aa jaaye - per aapko char mat ka set kharidna padega - sirf driver side ki mat nahi militi".
If this is the level of awareness of minor things like floor mats at Continental, wonder what their mechanical knowledge is like?
Old 8th December 2006, 16:51   #10
BHPian

Bomi, what happened to your original mats..?
Old 13th December 2006, 13:26   #11
BHPian

The portion where your right heel sits wore off after 18 months.
Old 19th January 2007, 15:28   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

My uncle in delhi gives his "SUPERB" @ Continental Auto and is very happy with it , no complains as of yet .......
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help! Which Skoda dealer has the best service center in new delhi/Ncrs

Let me revive this very old thread and ask fresh queries from TBhp'ians in and around Delhi as to which is the best service station in Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad.

Looking forward to some fresh new feedbacks...
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:47   #14
BHPian

I have been taking my car to Jai Auto on Mathura Road. The staff there is relatively better trained than it was at Continental Auto from where I bought my car from. The customer service however is questionable with long waiting times. Good thing is that I face them just once in 15,000 Kms so I am kinda ok living with this.

However, there are 2 sides to coin always.
A friend of mine got the boot of his Fabia replaced after a minor shunt around 6 months ago. The dealer took 3 weeks to get the boot replaced and in the process broke the rear windshield which was completely intact when he gave the car to them. Upon repeated visits and arguments, the dealer finally replaced the Windscreen FOC but took another 2 weeks to do so. Now the alignement of the boot is improper and so the boot refuses to shut itself sometimes randomly. My friend loves his Fabia but has sworn to drive extra carefully just so that he does not have to go to a SKODA *** for accident repairs again.
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 17:28   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Let me revive this very old thread and ask fresh queries from TBhp'ians in and around Delhi as to which is the best service station in Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad.

Looking forward to some fresh new feedbacks...
I have been to Fahrenheit Auto Moti Nagar around four times for service / guarantee queries. It has always been a satisfactory experience.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks