Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do u trust a dealer (especially Honda owners) for service/repair costs ?
Own a Honda - and trust my dealer completely 24 25.00%
Own a Honda - I get it done elsewhere (non-Honda) when I can 32 33.33%
Another brand - and trust my dealer completely 27 28.13%
Another brand - and get work done at non-authorised workshops 13 13.54%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2006, 14:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Currently own 5 hondas in our family. Servicing is Always done at the dealer. The cars have never really had any major problems for any futher work to be done so I cant really comment on them overcharging for repairs. As for service I think they do a decent job and reasonably priced.
Old 27th February 2006, 11:24   #17
BHPian

I have got my car services twice from Deccan Honda at Pune and have not faced any problems. The engineers seem to know and understand the requirements and I did not go back to them with the same problem.
Old 27th February 2006, 12:31   #18
BANNED

my honda cvt is due for service day after offtopic but where should i give it. got the car from ichibaan andheri though i took delivery from kalina. this is the first service. i like hyundai zillion times better than honda for sure.
Old 27th February 2006, 15:29   #19
BHPian

Always felt Sundaram Honda was expensive (sometimes even twice as expensive) than other local garages but never had the heart to trust anyone else with my baby.

Slightly off topic....

One reason that my Honda authorised dealer states for the high tinkering/painting costs is the materials they use and the fact that they do not do spot touchups.... they are always advised to paint the whole panel.
Old 28th February 2006, 02:08   #20
BHPian

honda goes only to honda only for servicing as the people there usually know what they doing but as for the rest and the of the cars all go to one place that we know and trust for long Dadar Motor Works does a brilliant job all the time no matter what task is thrown at him
Old 6th March 2006, 17:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have to agree with GTO here after a couple of really pathetic experiences with both Prime Honda & Southend Honda invloving the VTEC and a 1.3 I have given up on them. Now I have my work done outside with the garage of choice being Pandit & Co. for their high quality work. He might be more expensive then your roadside workshop but their quality of work is of a higher standard than either of the Honda dealers above mentioned.
Old 26th April 2006, 09:36   #22
BHPian

Team,

One common question, but for me an important one. here goes...

In Bangalore apart from the HC dealers (Whitefield/Dakshni) which service station will understand my OHC Vtec better..

I have seen Bosch Service station in hosur road but never been there.. Does anyone have experience with them (OHC users)..

But as for my experience with Whitefield honda is not so great (they seem very unattentive, overloaded, ignore many details of servicing) Dakshni honda (good people, but again they are hit on the pocket)...

With all this what I am asking for is an angel service guy who can read my OHC inside out .. suggest immediate fixes... and provide lot of preventive maintenace ...

So is someone there like that on this piece of earth (bangalore)

Cheers!!
Old 8th May 2006, 18:27   #23
BHPian

Which Honda Dealer in NCR?

Hello Friends,

I will be moving to Gurgaon soon... can someone please suggest which is the best Honda dealer in NCR. I know there are three of them, one in Delhi (near Faridabad), one in Gaziabad and third in Gurgaon. Anyone has any experience (Good or bad) with any of them? I do not mind getting my NHC serviced anywhere provided the service is good.

Cheers!
Old 8th May 2006, 19:28   #24
BHPian

I would recomend southend honda,mathura rd.The gurgaon workshop is small & overloaded with work.
Old 8th May 2006, 23:39   #25
BHPian

Ur right Raghav. Honda dealers charge obscene amounts for the smallest of things.

I remember when my OHC got bumped from the behind on the second day of its arrival.
The boot slightly folded in, but the majority of the damage was to the rear bumber(bent in).. and they quoted.. hold your breath, an insane "40 k for the repairs".. stating that lot of things would have to changed.

Finally got it done at a local shop for 950 bucks Ofcourse not a 100% job.. but around 85%.. stil VFM i say

N regards their expertise in handling cars.. then also havent found them impressive. As after 70k on the odo, my suspension is and feels wasted.. yet they claim its perfect.

And this surprises me to no end.. as they shud only be happy that they're getting a chance to make a quick buck. But they stil sent the car back 2 times saying its fine.

Last edited by Fuelled : 8th May 2006 at 23:47.
Old 9th May 2006, 10:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs
I would recomend southend honda,mathura rd.The gurgaon workshop is small & overloaded with work.
Thanks Dhirajs... hope you have had a good experience with them.
Old 9th May 2006, 15:15   #27
BHPian

Has someone tried the new multi car Castrol service station near the Silkboard flyover, bangalore.. it is next to aztec..

If so kindly give me ur feed back
Old 6th August 2006, 20:58   #28
BHPian

South End Honda Delhi and Ring Road Honda Gurgaon also have care-free dealers who never bother about customers or do not show genuine interest in their business development. It's their 'normal' general care free attitude.

Also it is not uncommon to see dented Hondas from side and rashed from behind at bumpers, showing black marks on a white Honda etc. These owners know the costs of going to dealers for repairs, so they continue to use the car without bothering about the repairs or probably because of the callous attitude of the dealers.

It is slightly amazing that genuine customer care is found missing in even such global brands.

I remember a prime Honda dealer once said to me on a hot summer afternoon - Sir Aap Paani Lenge ? OK OK. At least he asked. But he never bothered to ask somebody to send for a glass of water !
Old 6th August 2006, 21:18   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
... there is a huge variance in the service bills for the same services (e.g. 5K service, 10K service etc.).
GTO, isn't there a difference between the 5K and 10K service in terms of what's done in these two? Or do you say this after considering the amount of work done in these two cases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver
...they are always advised to paint the whole panel.
Isn't this the way it is done, so that the whole panel looks uniform?
Old 6th August 2006, 22:15   #30
GTS
BHPian

Sundaram Honda in Chennai

One of my patients told me that Sundaram Honda in Chennai always (atleast most of the time) say they are full and refer them to another garage! Can someone ratify this?

How can one trust a local garage? What if the car comes back with a few scratches and dents? If it is the dealer then we could take him to task, but we wouldnt stand a chance with Honda if we had the car serviced by a third party.

PS: The thought of buying an NHC crosses my mind these days, but with Honda service the way it seems....I really dont know what to do. Help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks