Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do u trust a dealer (especially Honda owners) for service/repair costs ?
Own a Honda - and trust my dealer completely 24 25.00%
Own a Honda - I get it done elsewhere (non-Honda) when I can 32 33.33%
Another brand - and trust my dealer completely 27 28.13%
Another brand - and get work done at non-authorised workshops 13 13.54%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2006, 10:19   #31
BMW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
One of my patients told me that Sundaram Honda in Chennai always (atleast most of the time) say they are full and refer them to another garage! Can someone ratify this?
This is shocking! I suggest you to write an email to Honda directly regarding this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
How can one trust a local garage? What if the car comes back with a few scratches and dents? If it is the dealer then we could take him to task, but we wouldnt stand a chance with Honda if we had the car serviced by a third party.
I completely agree as I too cannot trust a local garage.. Apart from accountability factor, local garages don't have proper tools plus they have this "jugad" mentality. Authorized service centres though are expensive but personally I feel one benefits in the long run as "jugads" don't last too long.
Old 25th October 2006, 11:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
One of my patients told me that Sundaram Honda in Chennai always (atleast most of the time) say they are full and refer them to another garage! Can someone ratify this?
Everybody does that. The good thing is that they are being upfront to you about it.

Usually the authorized service centres are packed to capacity with cars and they send your car along with a mechanic to another garage and he does the repairs there or instructs the mechanic at the garage to repair it with necessary inputs.
Old 25th October 2006, 14:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
Everybody does that. The good thing is that they are being upfront to you about it.

Usually the authorized service centres are packed to capacity with cars and they send your car along with a mechanic to another garage and he does the repairs there or instructs the mechanic at the garage to repair it with necessary inputs.
I dont think everybody does that especially hyundai and skoda dealerships. They'll never ever take the car outside the dealerships except for some works such as washing when the garage is full but no mechanical works at all.. But about Honda I guess its right. Ive seen Honda City's being serviced at hyundai dealerships.
Old 25th October 2006, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire
Team,

With all this what I am asking for is an angel service guy who can read my OHC inside out .. suggest immediate fixes... and provide lot of preventive maintenace ...

So is someone there like that on this piece of earth (bangalore)

Cheers!!
Have not tried Dakshin, but my experience at Whitefield was depressing. Got the car done at Ranjith Auto Care in Koramangala - and except the fact the there's a slight wobble at 120+ - balancing issues most likely which I have not followed up on - they did a very decent job. Of course, this is based on just one visit so let's see...
Old 25th October 2006, 16:24   #35

Not sure about other cities but in Chennai I was not comfortable with Sundaram (Cost, customer handling & throughness in checking) and getting my old City serviced in a local service centre. I am also in the thought process of buying a SUV and this will be one of the parameter before I make my choice (new CR-V is attractive!!!)
Old 3rd November 2006, 15:56   #36
BHPian

done initial two free service from hallmark navi mumbai these guys are new. did not have anything to complian. their was a minor scrach on the bonnet they did a touch up free of cost have a problem of mild creaking noise coming from dash they told me they have solved it but not the problem still persists that apart dont have much problem so far.
Old 3rd November 2006, 16:06   #37
BHPian

can anyone pm me the number and address for dadar motor works.
Old 3rd November 2006, 18:55   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

which Bangalore dealer are you guys talking abt Shant2nu and Ajmat ?
Old 6th November 2006, 19:31   #39

Alternates to Sundaram Honda to fix a dent

Hi,
My vtec has a small dent, thanks to a motorcyclist on the busy chennai road and sundaram honda has quoted around 18K to repair the same.

Is there any other place where i can fix the same

Regards
Srinath
Old 11th November 2006, 03:22   #40
BHPian

I feel the Honda service centre are only very good for basic servicing of your car. I have always sent my car to Prime Honda for regular service and very very minor work which would probably be FOC.

When it comes to repairs, the will open their mouth as wide as they can. I remember I had this dent on the rear left side and the tail light was broken too but the bumber was perfect. The estimate Prime Honda gave me was a whooping 25K+ which even included removing and re-fitting the rear windshieldfor 12k!!!. I was like thank you but NO thank you! I got a complete 100% job done outside for 5.3k, Perfect!

To conclude, I'd prefer to give the car for a basic service which I completely trust them with, anything else is a no no except if I'm using insurance. + IMHO Prime Honda is better than Ring Road and Southend Honda but they all have their bad days!
Old 25th November 2006, 11:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

There is always a -ve and +ve side to this sort of debate / accident repairs. I am starting a new thread for this.
Old 25th November 2006, 14:25   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
To conclude, I'd prefer to give the car for a basic service which I completely trust them with, anything else is a no no except if I'm using insurance. + IMHO Prime Honda is better than Ring Road and Southend Honda but they all have their bad days!
I agree with you Ankit the Honda dealers are not trustworthy for major repairs in Delhi. And Prime Honda is the only one with acceptable standards with Southend & Ring Road being really pathetic. For basic servicing they are fine that too I prefer to deal with them only till the time my car is in Warranty after that I prefer to have the work performed at an independent garage.
Old 25th November 2006, 15:24   #43
BHPian

I bought my car from Deccan Honda Pune, I was not happy with their sales team. done first service at Bhavya Honda Nagpur, responce is very excellent and they accepted my car in short notice for service, they took feed back twice on phone regarding service and experiance with service people.
Second service done at Abhikar Honda Indore, they are prompt in service and they know customers very well.
Only one seid view mirror replaced for around 500/-(only glass not complete unit).

Overall good experiance with Honda service
Old 5th December 2006, 02:01   #44
BHPian

any ppl havin problems with honda service in mumbai....send me a message will tell you how to exactly pull their strings.........and which dealers cheat the most ***using the tag business model***
Old 5th December 2006, 02:50   #45
Max
BHPian

After free services, i get my honda serviced at my trusted local BIG garage (JS Garage UNR). They handel more then 20-30+ cars on daily bases. They are cheap when compared to honda. I really trust these guys allot, they are kind of experts on cars. Also, i never had any accident or anything major with my baby except touch ups due to freaky kids drawing trees on my car with their scratching art . I will definately give car to honda guys in case of any major problem with my engine or in case of accident till then i guess my local garage is keeping my car in good condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks