Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do u trust a dealer (especially Honda owners) for service/repair costs ?
Own a Honda - and trust my dealer completely 24 25.00%
Own a Honda - I get it done elsewhere (non-Honda) when I can 32 33.33%
Another brand - and trust my dealer completely 27 28.13%
Another brand - and get work done at non-authorised workshops 13 13.54%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2006, 03:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

I have heard about the experiences at Sundaram Honda in Chennai from my brother-in-law who owns a CVT version which is over a year old. Right from the time of the delivery, their quality of service is pathetic and whats more, they charge the most. Its a general feeling in India at least that if you own a Honda, you are filthy rich. And this feeling finds it way best into the authorised dealer's outlet. So you end up burning a hole in your pocket for sure.
Old 17th February 2007, 15:55   #47
BHPian

Monopolistic Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Right from the time of the delivery, their quality of service is pathetic and whats more, they charge the most. Its a general feeling in India at least that if you own a Honda, you are filthy rich.
It is only in India that Honda is considered a luxury car however in other countries, especially in US, a civic / accord is very normal. And Honda is cashing in on this mentality in India hugely. And we are happily giving in to it. Anyhow, Honda cars command good resale value so it makes sense to invest in Hondas rather than GMs and Fords etc. Owing to the above comments, and with the new Maruti Baleno coming on roads, I think that the sales of NHC will drop to a good extent. Which is why they are planning to go in for newer variants with ABS and Airbags etc frills, but again at a premium. When will these Honda folks understand that majority of India is still not as much ready for 8 lac+ car, which is why small cars and Swifts have dominated the market like anything. IMHO New Maruti Baleno should sell more than Hondas especially when people realize that apart from the Honda brand, the dealerships and customer care also counts much more.

But one thing is for sure, when the customer goes in for a Honda he knows about this doesn't he that maintenance of Hondas might become too costly an affair ?

But people want more show sha than meet basic needs. And it's ok for some section of the people going in for sho sha, however when the entire mass of people want to go in that direction, then Hondas will definately use its monopoly without caring for the customer and then my friends, the Honda dealers will definately cash in on you for SURE ! And you yourself are ready for it, aren't you?
Old 15th July 2007, 16:41   #48
BHPian

Hi Zenx,

I'm also looking out for a nice and trustable service station for my OHC2002 Vtec. Would I be able to also get an O2 sensor from them, maybe and after market product?

Thanks in advance
Old 18th July 2007, 18:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
I have not given Dakshin a shot yet - am too paranoid I'll run up a 10K bill generally if I enter a Honda authorized place Of the externals, any realiable names ? I got my last servicing done at RAC in Koramangala, and the car has felt ok so far. The brake pads were replaced and did not cost the 3.5K mentioned recently on this board - so I'm optimistic. Time will tell.
Hey, could you tell me where in Koramangala is RAC location? Honda Dealers are the worst and i'm put my complaints way up to Honda Siel.

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:02   #50
VBV
BHPian

One of my relatives has a NHC. And apparently they (I don't know if its Dakshin or whitefield) charged 6000/- for a jumpstart. The battery had gone dead b'cos he'd left it at home for 3 months w/o using it.
Old 23rd July 2007, 15:57   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
One of my relatives has a NHC. And apparently they (I don't know if its Dakshin or whitefield) charged 6000/- for a jumpstart. The battery had gone dead b'cos he'd left it at home for 3 months w/o using it.
6000 bucks are you sure? was the new battery included in the bill ??
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:35   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
You should have called me, I'll do it for half the cost and still be happy
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:07   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't have 100% confidence on the price quoted by Honda Dealers for service.

Sad that I have to "know" someone at the dealer's to get it reasonably and even that does not work 100%.

Honda should improve their dealership quality - sales and servvice - both.
Old 23rd July 2007, 18:21   #54
BHPian

Not one Bit !

To keep it short and to the point.

Brilliant Cars,...exteremely pathetic service. !!!

This is what makes or breaks the deal when it comes to ownership experience. I for one love my car,..but cant stand taking it to my service center (Ring Road Honda Gurgaon). I am on the look out for a decent place close by, (please PM if you happen to have had a decent experience elsewhere in NCR) !!
Old 23rd July 2007, 18:25   #55
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
6000 bucks are you sure? was the new battery included in the bill ??
That's what I got to know. I had the reaction initially too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You should have called me, I'll do it for half the cost and still be happy
If I'd known, I'd have gone in myself :-)
Old 12th August 2007, 02:47   #56
BHPian

well love the car .. hate the service

my windshield washer jets refuse to work even after getting them replaced at the service center

they wont do minor touchups

my sister banged the left side rear door into the gate, and a scratch upto the bumper
my driver had managed to scratch up the front bumper and front left door a day before that

the kalina service center gave me an estimate of 1.10L with the paint job for 2 doors and the scratch and dent repair and they said they wont touch up the bumper as that will be an added replacement if i want

sheesh they even kept my car there for 1 day to give this damn estimate as they were too busy

i lost it when i saw the estimate and asked for my keys thy wont release it unless i paid them 1000 bucks as parking charges as i was not getting the work done

i got i done at a local bodyshop for 4.8k with the dent repair and paint job

since then i just dont trust the A.S.S
Old 12th August 2007, 18:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Hey, could you tell me where in Koramangala is RAC location? Honda Dealers are the worst and i'm put my complaints way up to Honda Siel.

Thanks
Sorry just missed this earlier. RAC is not far from Raheja Residency - take the road towards the BDA complex from there - left at the first major intersecn (onto the 8th main i thnk) - and then right again imdtly after Syntax Software - its a few metres from there on your right.
Old 24th October 2007, 23:45   #58
BANNED

guys...just bought white honda civic v from ring road honda,gurgaon last week. please tell me a good service centre in NCR. as most of the gurgaon folks are not satisfied with ring road honda service. i have to take it for a first service pretty soon.
Old 25th October 2007, 00:14   #59
BHPian

Prime Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
guys...just bought white honda civic v from ring road honda,gurgaon last week. please tell me a good service centre in NCR. as most of the gurgaon folks are not satisfied with ring road honda service. i have to take it for a first service pretty soon.
If you want to go to a Honda A.S.S. then I suggest Prime Honda in Ghaziabad area to be the best amongst them all here. Find out, I guess there is a new branch somewhere in Delhi.

Guys, does anyone have a report on how Courtsey Honda is in NCR?
Old 25th October 2007, 00:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
If you want to go to a Honda A.S.S. then I suggest Prime Honda in Ghaziabad area to be the best amongst them all here. Find out, I guess there is a new branch somewhere in Delhi.

Guys, does anyone have a report on how Courtsey Honda is in NCR?
Prime Honda is the best of the lot I suppose but they are TOO far away & going there is a pain. And due to the fact that it is in UP you can't even take an auto back, so unless you have a spare car with a driver you're pretty much screwed for the day So that part sucks, badly.

As for Courtesy Honda, well feedback about them has been kinda mixed with some saying good things about their experience and a few people saying that it was even worse than Southend. So I guess it's a mixed bag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks