Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Do u trust a dealer (especially Honda owners) for service/repair costs ?
Own a Honda - and trust my dealer completely 24 25.00%
Own a Honda - I get it done elsewhere (non-Honda) when I can 32 33.33%
Another brand - and trust my dealer completely 27 28.13%
Another brand - and get work done at non-authorised workshops 13 13.54%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2006, 17:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Owners, do you trust your dealer for repair costs ?

Have seen two sides to this question with firm believers and those that were bitten. I'm probably category 2.

1. huge bills for essentially cosmetic work to door panels, front panel, repainting (55k, 45k)
2. o2 sensor replaced at 15k - here i give them the benefit f doubt
3. OEM compatible 6 CD changer @ 49K when I bought the car - ofc I didnt
4. Suggested rim replacement (2K) for the tiniest of bends
5. For a minor dent - Honda estimate 17k, got it done for 4k outside including other touch ups, which Whitefield Honda refuses to do as its not a "100% job"

Last edited by zenx : 25th February 2006 at 17:28. Reason: Poll's a little wider than title suggests
Old 25th February 2006, 18:02   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I dont trust Honda dealers AT ALL! Their service outright sucks.

One of the many reasons I dont trust them is that there is a huge variance in the service bills for the same services (e.g. 5K service, 10K service etc.). This came to light only after Shantanu and Ajmat spoke about their service expenses in Bangalore.

GTO
Old 25th February 2006, 18:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, it clearly points to a monopolistic attitude. V few of them in a zone, obviously can get away with what they want to. I love the car, but these guys aren't helping Honda's cause at all.

BTW, GTO, u seem to hv voted contrary to ur opinion (mebbe the choices need more obvious wording?)
Old 25th February 2006, 18:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, GTO, u seem to hv voted contrary to ur opinion (mebbe the choices need more obvious wording?)
I have voted for that. Because in Pune I have had very good experience from Honda people.
Old 25th February 2006, 18:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

I get my car serviced....period. Got my bumper replaced once but it did not actualy need it as I later on found out so will look hard outside

Wiper blades - 1200, 400 for a Bosch set, gimme a break

Latest scame - ringing you and telling you to service your car every three months. - read the manual - its 6 months or every 5000km

Service has improved ever since Dakshin came in. For CBU versions, parts are horrendous, Jaggu has a tale or two about the CRV.
Old 25th February 2006, 18:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have not given Dakshin a shot yet - am too paranoid I'll run up a 10K bill generally if I enter a Honda authorized place Of the externals, any realiable names ? I got my last servicing done at RAC in Koramangala, and the car has felt ok so far. The brake pads were replaced and did not cost the 3.5K mentioned recently on this board - so I'm optimistic. Time will tell.
Old 25th February 2006, 19:08   #7
BHPian

I have had PATHETIC experiences at service/repair from Ichibaan Honda Service facilities in Mumbai..but now,I always take it to Arya Honda,and they are much much better,much larger service area,newer machines,and excellent trained/polite staff..
But yes,All Honda Service Facilities are expensive..painting/dent repair/parts/etc. cost more.

-sr
Old 25th February 2006, 19:21   #8
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I am in a fix!
No I don't trust the MASS for my cars... but I get all work service or otherwise from them!.... just because I haven't found a better alternative!

So... I can't vote for "Another brand - and trust my dealer completely"
alSO. I can't vote for "Another brand - and get work done at non-authorised workshops"
Old 25th February 2006, 19:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

MASS's are reasonably good - may need a little bit of trial and error but a) there ARE quite a few around, b) a good percentage a decent and ok price wise (enough competition) c) Maruti's official rates are themselves not astronomical.
Old 26th February 2006, 00:53   #10
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Latest scame - ringing you and telling you to service your car every three months. - read the manual - its 6 months or every 5000km
Was it from Whitefield Honda ?

I got the same call yesterday. Got pissed off after seeing the manual. I am thinking of posting a feedback at Honda's website about these calls.

By the way, how is Dakshin Honda's service ? Has anyone got a feedback ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
5. For a minor dent - Honda estimate 17k, got it done for 4k outside including other touch ups, which Whitefield Honda refuses to do as its not a "100% job"
Sameer, where did you get this work done ? I have a dent and some deep scratches on the right side back door. I need to get them corrected and I am sure people at Whitefield Honda will give a big estimate.

Cheers
Old 26th February 2006, 01:42   #11
BHPian

HELL NO! I dont trust any honda dealers, especially LINKWAY HONDA @ GOREGAON (E).. they suck!!
Old 26th February 2006, 04:32   #12
BHPian

In india customer satisifaction doesnt have a place, not even a thought. Just because car owners are faily rich the idea of service centers is milk money.

I dont trust the Hyundai service center in chennai. In the last one year they have made as much money from me as possible.

I also dont trust sundaram honda from my friend's experience.
Old 26th February 2006, 07:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

I got the last round done at Vijay Auto - v decent job - 7k for the driver side door, front panel and assorted other work. A MASS would probably cheaper and you can often chat them into it. Best is to ask around a bit, collect a few more inevitable scratches and get it all done at one go.
Old 26th February 2006, 14:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

MASS = Maruti Authorised Service Station ??

Advaith Hyundai has been screwing around with my last 2 services.. Not upto the mark according to me.
Old 26th February 2006, 14:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Own a Honda and trust their service. Dunno about the scene in Bbay but, the Blore dealers are pretty damn good.

Have always got the car serviced officially.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 28th February 2006 at 20:25.

Most Viewed