Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 18:40   #1
BHPian

FIAT - TASS: Marudhara Motors, Jodhpur

HI Guys

Just to give a background, I own a FIAT Grand Punto 90HP Tuscan Wine color and have done 10,000 Kms in last five and half months.

The Ownership thread can we viewed here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...es-so-far.html
And my first experience of any TASS (at Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon) is described here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ealership.html

Now it’s the time to talk about the other TATA-FIAT service center I have visited so far, Marudhara Motors, Jodhpur.

Lately I am facing a problem of wheel arc cover getting scratched against the tyre and I have had it replaced two times. Also while driving back to Jodhpur from Delhi, as unfortunate dog suddenly came in front of the car, which was doing around 90 KMPH and sadly had to sacrifice it’s life for this mistake. This fortunately did not do any damage to front bumper which was repainted just a day before on account of color mismatch (as mentioned in the Dhingra’s review), but the impact caused some electrical problems with fog lamp which stopped working. So after reaching Jodhpur, I decided to get it fixed there itself. So retuned back to Delhi and requested my Dad to get it done. The issues were very small and as the parts were readily available, it took only 2-3 hours to get it done. My father checked the things which were asked for and as it was heavily raining that evening, he just paid the charges and returned home. He was pleasantly surprised that his exit was arranged so fast without any delays and even the car was brought outside (of course not giving him any chance to have a look at it from back, I am not sure if that was intentional or planned but now I cannot think of any reasons of not thinking this way). But when he reached home, he was shocked to see that there was a BIG dent on the back of the car. I am aware that it’s his mistake that he should have checked the car thoroughly when taking delivery from TASS (as we do while taking and giving back a rental car) but at the same time I cannot blame him as unlike me who has suffered in the hands of TASS before, he has no such experience with Hyundai in last 8 years of ownership.

The dent look like as if it hit a big vehicle (like Sumo/Safari) which were parked behind my car at TASS and it’s hard to believe that when it happened, the people around it could not have heard the impact. We tried to contact the service center, and like the previous incident, here also, they refused anything of that sort happening there and he asked us to bring the car next day. only problem being, I had to leave for Mumbai in the car and I was in no position to visit the service center repetitively.

After leaving Gurgaon, I was happy that I would not have to visit Dhingra again but this incident left me very much frustrated and that time I seriously regretted buying a Fiat car. I have no idea how to avoid such things or I should just leave it to my luck and hope that next time, next service center doesn't screw up my car; or maybe I should give them the car in presence of two witnesses and a lawyer and do the same thing while taking the delivery after service/repair.

I tried to lodge a complaint on Fiat-India site, but like last time, it was throwing some error and when tried doing it on toll free number, I was told that the system is down at the moment and they will get back. I think I will have to do some prayers before dealing with TASS/FIAT service.

After reaching to Mumbai, I spoke to few guys at Fiat helpline but they repetitively said that I have to visit the Jodhpur dealership to sort this out which is out of question for next month or so. I asked them to arrange for getting it repaired in Mumbai and dealers could settle the expenses among themselves, as after all, they are working for the same company. The helpline gave me number of Om Sai Motors in Mumbai and asked me to check directly with them if this could be done else I have no other option than to wait till I drive back to jodhpur. Cursing the luck for all this mess, I spoke with OSM but they flatly refused doing any such thing but agreed to do the repairs on regular chargeable basis, they also gave me time slot of coming Tuesday. So the next step for me would be to go there and get the estimates of expenses and if it goes beyond thousand bucks, I will ask for insurance claim.

Last but not the least, whenever I take my car out, I forget all those things and mechanically the car is behaving exceedingly well and I just hope that I do not keep on facing such issues in future.

PS: I had written to FIAT’s service cell and Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar (Fiat Customer services), but other than they being sorry about what has happened and regular acknowledgement of the issue, nothing actually happened.

Few Pictures:

FIAT - TASS: Marudhara Motors, Jodhpur-puntodamagedbytass1.jpg

FIAT - TASS: Marudhara Motors, Jodhpur-puntodamagedbytass2.jpg

I banged my head to visualize how it could have happened there, and this is what I feel (blue one = my Punto, two black ones = Safari/Aria/Sumo):
FIAT - TASS: Marudhara Motors, Jodhpur-puntopark.jpg

Cheers
Dj
dj_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed