Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 11:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Poor experience at Carnation, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I recently gave my Palio MJD for service at Carnation on Outer Ring Road, Kadubeesanahalli, Bangalore. I decided to give it here because some of the service staff from KHT have joined Carnation.

When I gave the car for service, the service advisor told me that they don't keep stock of spares. If any spares are required, they will let me know when to come again. I was fine with that. I had my car's parking brake light coming on during hard acceleration, so I needed brake pads at least. Still, I could wait a few days.

I got the car back the same evening. It cost me 2788 Rs with oil change and some small time labours. I was happy that this is about 1500 Rs lesser than what an A.S.S. would charge.

Next morning I noticed, moisture within the right side headlight assembly. I tried reaching them, but no response to my calls or SMS. They never called back to ask me to bring the car again for brake pad replacement.

Disappointed, I ordered the spares online. I took them along with the car to a small garage near my house (Popular Motors near Kodathi gate, run by a former employee of Pratham Motors). That guy opened the bonnet out of curiosity, and then called me to ask what is in the coolant. To my horror, coolant tank was BLACK. I have driven my car for over 1L KMs, and the coolant has always been green. What the hell is this black thing? I opened and saw that the black thing was some kind of oil, floating on top of water. As far as I know, coolant mixes with water like tea and milk.

Then I asked the local mechanic to fix it. He removed the coolant tank, drained all the liquid, cleaned the tank with diesel, washed it and put it back. He put some coolant worth 235 Rs and water.

It cost me 550 Rs for this coolant tank work plus the labour on brake pads. I will never give my car to Carnation again!
Hi Rohan -I've been trying to find sites to order Hyundai (i10) parts online.... Could you let me know the site you've been using and whether they do Hyundai parts as well? - thanks, mate
Old 18th August 2014, 13:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That guy opened the bonnet out of curiosity, and then called me to ask what is in the coolant. To my horror, coolant tank was BLACK. I have driven my car for over 1L KMs, and the coolant has always been green. What the hell is this black thing? I opened and saw that the black thing was some kind of oil, floating on top of water
Coolant in Radiator can be some serious problems unless someone has added intentionally. This can be a mischief by Carnation or your FNH guy to earn more money at later date asking to check some blown gasket . Do keep a check on new coolant , if you observe oil again then you will have to get this diagnosed .
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 13:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Hi Rohan -I've been trying to find sites to order Hyundai (i10) parts online.... Could you let me know the site you've been using and whether they do Hyundai parts as well? - thanks, mate
Hyundai sells spares over the counter at Mobis, Whitefield.
Check this thread for details:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ugh-mobis.html
Old 18th August 2014, 16:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Coolant in Radiator can be some serious problems unless someone has added intentionally. This can be a mischief by Carnation or your FNH guy to earn more money at later date asking to check some blown gasket . Do keep a check on new coolant , if you observe oil again then you will have to get this diagnosed .
Thanks Turbanator. I will check the coolant tank again today.

The mistake should be by Carnation. I was standing in front of the car from the moment I parked the car at the local garage (observing the guy changing the brake pads). So it couldn't have been the local mechanic's mischief.

After the coolant tank was cleaned and then filled with new coolant, it looked fine. But when they cranked the engine, the oil stuck inside the pipes came and settled in the coolant tank. So the coolant tank has oil patches floating in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks