Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 10:06   #1
BHPian

Indraprastha Automobiles, Wazirpur Delhi : Problems with Bolero delivery

The background:
I have always wanted to own a Mahindra Bolero, not just because of its good price tag, but because of the way it looks. So, when earlier this month, I decided to go in for the new M2DICR Bolero, it was all-out war with friends mainly, and family in a small way. BOLERO? Some of my friends who have worked with Mahindra in the past said, 'You must be mad.' Others friends, auto experts, asked me to wait till mid-next-year so that I could consider the many options that are expected to flood this segment. Seeing that I wasn't budging, a friend even organised a TD of newly launched Sumo Gold. Even the 3.0 CR4 engine wasn't able to sway me. So, I went and booked my dream car on November 17, 2011, with Indraprastha Automobiles, Wazirpur Delhi. I was told that the only colour available was white. I booked it and was told that I would be getting the car around November 28. Then, 3 days later, while I was speaking to a friend, I got to know that the dealers always insisted on a white colour because getting other colours was a bit difficult. I was also told that I needed to be firm and tell the dealer for a colour change. I went ahead and conveyed to the dealer that I wanted a black colour or I would cancel my booking. He was a bit hesitant, but got back to me within two days, saying all had been sorted out and that I would be getting my Bolero in the first week of December (as it was put on mail), and verbally he told me that I could be assured that I would get the black Bolero on Dec 1st or max December 2nd. They told me that the moment the vehicle comes in transit, which should be withing the next two days, they'll let me know and I should then begin my loan process. Well, all is well, or so I thought!

The ordeal:
Now, the nightmare began. I called up the Indraprastha representatives and they kept on telling me that they will let me know. This continued for 2 days. Finally, they stopped taking my calls.
November 23:
Fed-up of their behaviour, I called up the Mahindra helpline. I was told someone would call me back within 6 hours. No call.
November 24:
Called up the Mumbai office and spoke to the Customer Care guys.
November 25:
Spoke to the head of Customer Care.
November 28:
Called up the helpline
November 29:
Called up the helpline

I still don't know anything about my dream Bolero. For me it was a dream that has pretty much become a nightmare! If this is the way things are, should I listen to my friends and family and cancel the booking, or should I still pursue my dreams?

Any suggestions are most welcome. Would love to get ideas on how to handle this situation.

Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 10:26   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My dream Mahindra Bolero has become my worst nightmare!

go to the dealer with an agenda.
Tell him that you get the status in concrete, or give your booking amount back.
Speak to a couple of other dealers, tell them this is the story, and can they do better?

a journey of a thousand stumbles begins with the first, eh?

god knows what they may put you through post the delivery!

I just dont get how these sellers stop taking calls if they don't have updates.
I mean, I as a buyer would be more comfortable if they told me they dont have updates, rather keeping me hanging!
Old 29th November 2011, 10:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Stop taking calls is a normal way by almost all Sales Rep if they don't have any answer for our queries. Which irritates everyone to the core and converts them to buy some other products.
They even don't have etiquette to answer the call as they think we don't have anyother work instead calling them.
Companies and Dealers have to train those people how to handle customers who spends a large amount on buying their product.

driving always!,
Don't get pissed off. Wait for somemore time and it's just your dreams going to be fulfilled and some patience will pay

Last edited by aks_karthik : 29th November 2011 at 10:34.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
go to the dealer with an agenda.
Tell him that you get the status in concrete, or give your booking amount back.
Speak to a couple of other dealers, tell them this is the story, and can they do better?

a journey of a thousand stumbles begins with the first, eh?

god knows what they may put you through post the delivery!

I just dont get how these sellers stop taking calls if they don't have updates.
I mean, I as a buyer would be more comfortable if they told me they dont have updates, rather keeping me hanging!

I have spoken to some gentleman who is the ceo of indraprastha and the only solution he had was that i could pick up the slx white because they have it ready, and it will only cost me Rs 50,000 extra. Now, I might look dumb, but no way I'm going to first suffer at the hands of the dealership and then let them make an additional profit at my cost! Though, I regret not telling him that since his dealership had goofed up, they should probably give me the slx for the price of an sle. Would have loved to see his response! But, just goes to prove my point, the Indraprastha guys are probably doing more damage to the Mahindra brand name, and I have brought it to the knowledge of Mahindra senior executives, and they're still not doing anything about it. Don't know what to do, perhaps it's time to cancel my booking.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving always! View Post
I have spoken to some gentleman who is the ceo of indraprastha and the only solution he had was that i could pick up the slx white because they have it ready, and it will only cost me Rs 50,000 extra. Now, I might look dumb, but no way I'm going to first suffer at the hands of the dealership and then let them make an additional profit at my cost! Though, I regret not telling him that since his dealership had goofed up, they should probably give me the slx for the price of an sle. Would have loved to see his response! But, just goes to prove my point, the Indraprastha guys are probably doing more damage to the Mahindra brand name, and I have brought it to the knowledge of Mahindra senior executives, and they're still not doing anything about it. Don't know what to do, perhaps it's time to cancel my booking.
Hi ,

You will be a very tough guy before you lay your hands on the Bolero . I have been thru similar nightmares while getting my Storm. I would urge you to transfer or cancel your booking with the IP guys. Next go to Skyline automobiles at Okhla or Jhandewalan. I bought my first Bolero from them and still remember it being a painless affair.

Don't take no for an answer after all its your hard earned and paid for money, you deserve much better.

Regards,

Chaunfa

p.s. Koncept has a delivery schedule that is displayed for all the models. So if you are willing to wait a little, take a peek out there. Don't look at the smiling girls...or let their smartness sway your decision.
Old 29th November 2011, 10:58   #6
BHPian

hi driving always
I am 2 bolero's old and should know!
Mahindra dealerships run in the most feudal attitude ie "my way or the highway"
First owned a 4x4 black slx which was like a pregnant cow on the highway,
didn't learn my lesson, went and bought a CRDe storm, which is nimble and blows away most cars on the highway but couldnt get black...settled for white. Sold it yesterday, buying yeti ambient, which has all that i have been asking for....will risk skoda A.S.S
the risk ur taking is that you might end up "whining always" if you opt for mahindra. the present gen bolero is under powered
amar
Old 29th November 2011, 11:01   #7
BHPian

Try hard to reach the higher-ups in M&M, Try to engage FB and Twitter (Anand Mahindra is regular here) to reach out to the right people.

Else cancel the booking with that dealer and try to book with other dealer. Am sure there is no penalty for cancelling the booking.

BTW: How much did you pay while booking ?

REgards,
Rajesh
Old 29th November 2011, 12:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

My bad! My experience has shown that the best M&M guys to deal with in NCR are usually Koncept and Sterling, in that order. Cancel and shift your booking, is what would serve these guys best.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:16   #9
BHPian

if you have the time, please walk in to the showroom- may be you will get a clear picture of what is happening there. If you are not getting any proper responses, please cancel the booking & proceed to another dealer.

What was the booking amount?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 29th November 2011, 12:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

The title came across as a LEMON issue, or some serious techinical fault that keeps recurring - this is only a booking issue with dealer/sales rep. Talk direct to showroom AGM/SM else go to a different dealer...

Last edited by svsantosh : 29th November 2011 at 12:36.
svsantosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 12:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well, I thought you got some very bad lemon or something looking at the title. Mahindra is known for these issues so if you are frustrated even before buying one, then may be you should rethink your buy or at least the dealer.
Old 29th November 2011, 13:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Well, I thought you got some very bad lemon or something looking at the title. Mahindra is known for these issues so if you are frustrated even before buying one, then may be you should rethink your buy or at least the dealer.
Even I thought on similiar lines.
Mods, Please alter title.

Driving Always,
Sorry to hear. Even I get utmost irritation when anyone stops taking my calls. I think it's best to visit them personally. Have a many happy miles with Bolero!
Old 29th November 2011, 13:28   #13
Team-BHP Support

Well they did, verbally, and explicitly mention that you will get it on the 2nd of December, right? Then hold on to your seat, Sir. Your dream Bolero will come. It might be delayed, but not everyone gets their cars on the exact date. Some might get it earlier, and some might get it later.

2nd isn't fat away, but I know you must be spending sleepless nights waiting for your dream-car to arrive. But you must be patient, and you will realize that it was worth the wait.

Also, if the wait gets too long, then I suggest you take it up with the big-wigs at the Mahindra outlet,as well as the head-office. But only if they really default and don't deliver your car after days!

You've titled your thread in such a way, that it tends to mislead members and visitors here on Team-BHP. Get in touch with the mods, via the report-post function, and ask them to assist you on changing the title of the thread, so as to avoid misleading the viewers of the forum, - who were under the impression that you're stuck with a faulty vehicle, - myself included.

Oh, and don't forget to post an ownership-experience thread on your new Bolero, when it arrives.

And if you're keen on driving distances and driving on roads less traveled, then I suggest you get in touch with distinguished member, hvkumar, who is a veteran in the field.

Don't hesitate to get your Bolero dirty, Sir.

All the best, drive safe!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 15:53   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The title came across as a LEMON issue, or some serious techinical fault that keeps recurring -
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Well, I thought you got some very bad lemon or something looking at the title.
The title could mislead a Bolero customer. Please request the Mods to edit the title and include "pre-delivery night mare" in the title.

Point 1: You should have ideally searched on t-bhp on the BEST / Better Off dealer for M&M in your region. This would have definitely given some eye opener.

Point 2: Try and hook up with some higher management guys from M&M to look into this issue.

Point 3: As some one mentioned, please cancel / transfer the booking to a neat dealer who is known more about keeping word.

Point 4: Tweet up Anand Mahindra / post your ordeal in M&M FB page and you should get some help.

Point 5: Buy & buy ONLY the car you WANT! Don't go for anything else just for the sake of it - you will have the car for long with you; you would not want to frown when you buy something else & every time you see what you wanted to / could have owned.

Edit:: Just saw Mods have changed the title.

Bolero official FB page - https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/MahindraBolero

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th November 2011 at 15:55. Reason: Adding Bolero FB page
Old 30th November 2011, 10:11   #15
BHPian

Re: Indraprastha Automobiles, Wazirpur Delhi : Problems with Bolero delivery

Thanks all fellow bhp-ians for your comments and suggestions! First, my apologies, the title of the thread appeared misleading to me too, after it was pointed out by many members. It has been changed.

Secondly, the situation remains pretty much the same. I am following up on three fronts: the dealership, the mahindra call centre and their office in delhi. The dealership remains non-commital on any issue. the mahindra call centre is very nice when i call them up and are very consistent in telling me that i will get a call from a 'competent' person who will be able to solve my problem. they're telling me this for the last three days. alas, no one has called. thirdly, i spoke to a gentleman in mahindra delhi office who heard me patiently, and told me that he will try and tell me by today if he can help me.

To compound my problem, i had requested someone known to try and get me a particular number from delhi govt. that letter came through yesterday and it has a time limit of 15 days. so if i dont get my bolero in 15 days, i will have to let go of this number.

i am planning to go to mahindra delhi office today and try my luck.

just to share with you that my disappointment is mainly on 3 accounts:
1. the dealership, indraprastha, is a very new dealership, and my logic in going to them was that they should be atleast trying to please the customers. however, they messed up big time on two accounts. one, they gave me a committment on my vehicle, and are now refusing to honour it. and, what's worse is there's no regret. just arrogance and 'i-couldn't-care-less' attitude.
2. i want a firm commitment from the dealership because of a certain reason. when the indraprastha guys had come to me to collect the booking amount, they offered me a td since they had come in a bolero. when i sat in the car i realised that the meter wasn't working. on being asked they said that the pdi hadn't been done. now, that's a dreadful thing. imagine, these guys roaming in a vehicle all over delhi doing office work, and then giving it to an unsuspecting customer passing it as brand new. that's the reason i'm having sleepless nights.
3. thirdly, i love bolero. like i said, i am going in for it despite most of the people i know telling me not to. well, i am showing the brand bolero loyalty beyond normal, and the brand bolero (mahindra as an organistion) is in return treating me like they're doing me a favour by giving me a vehicle. i expect better. is it too much to ask?

today, i am going to mahindra office. i want to talk at all levels and exhaust all options before approaching anand mahindra.

will keep everyone posted.

Most Viewed