Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Horrifying experience @ Vishvakarma Motors (authorized TATA), Delhi

My Car: Tata Indigo LS

Full Service and maintenance schedule: Raunaq Motors, Wazirpur, Delhi (Authorized TATA workshop)

Circumstances: Was experiencing certain sound from the car’s front at accelerating from the halt. Tried to give ‘Vishwakarma Motors, Shadipur, Delhi (Authorized TATA workshop)’ a shot for the same as it falls enroute to my office. Visited their workshop, where the SA (one Mr. Girish Verma) told me that some bushes needs to be changed and it’s a minor work. I dropped the car on an agreed day (i.e. on 29.11.11) and picked the same evening with an assurance that everything was taken of. I was shocked to see the exaggerated bill for these ‘petty’ things. For eg. If you see S.no. 14 in the attached bill (read as ‘Splash Guard Front Bumper Labor Charge’), it is charged @ Rs. 150/- (It does not take more than tightening 2 screws; involving less than 10 minutes). Anyhow, when I insisted that the labor charges were way too high, they gave a 10% off on the same. I paid the money and left the place.

Aftershock: The next morning, I experienced some additional noises (in addition to what I paid for rectifying) and problems in gearshift. I went back to them, took the SA for a test drive. He agreed to rectify and told me to return the same evening. I went there and picked the car, just to realize now that this time the bumper’s front grille was broken and the entire fault (as per their mechanic) was due to the same. (He told that it’s because of the grille that the noise is appearing to come from front, under the body). All of the guys there assured me that the car has been rectified and I just need to change the front grille. I took the delivery, so as to realize that the noise was STILL present, not to mention that one of the other two problems (i.e. Headlight adjustment) was not attended to at all, and the other (diesel leakage was only rectified in 2nd visit). This morning, I got hold of a local guy, removed the front bumper (i.e. with the grille), drove the car and the noise was still present.

Current Situation: Furious, I called up the said SA this morning, who now told me that the entire suspension and shockers needs to be changed and it would cost me further Rs. 16000. When asked about the previous excuses, he told me that the car was damaged when I’d brought her in their garage. When I asked him as to why didn’t he tell me at that very time (when he inspected the car after putting her on the ‘bay’, he started giving vague replies.

I FEEL CHEATED. These guys ripped me off my hard earned Rs. 3000 and are now demanding 16000 more (just on no fault on my side). I ‘m of the firm opinion that they’ve changed the parts so as to extract money from me. My entire maintenance schedule can be digged out from Raunaq Motors, Wazirpur, New Delhi and that I’ve ALWAYS shown my car at an authorized TATA center.

I've written couple of emails.. please suggest what else could be done here!

Can I drag them to court??

Horrifying experience @ Vishvakarma Motors (authorized TATA), Delhi-tbhp.jpg

Last edited by panky12345 : 2nd December 2011 at 13:20.
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrifying experience @ Vishvakarma Motors (authorized TATA), Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I FEEL CHEATED. These guys ripped me off my hard earned Rs. 3000 and are now demanding 16000 more (just on no fault on my side). I ‘m of the firm opinion that they’ve changed the parts so as to extract money from me. My entire maintenance schedule can be digged out from Raunaq Motors, Wazirpur, New Delhi and that I’ve ALWAYS shown my car at an authorized TATA center.

I've written couple of emails.. please suggest what else could be done here! Can I drag them to court??
Hanky Panky (hoping you will not report this to the mods), as much as i empathise with you for your ordeal, you have not furnished the age of the car or whether it is still in warranty. And what exactly you expected from a TATA SC.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Please avoid quoting full posts in replies as it inconveniences our small screen and mobile users. Thanks !

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd December 2011 at 15:44.
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hanky Panky (hoping you will not report this to the mods), as much as i empathise with you for your ordeal, you have not furnished the age of the car or whether it is still in warranty. And what exactly you expected from a TATA SC.
No issues for Hanky Panky John..

My car's out of warranty (3.5 yrs).. I firmly believe that these buggers have changed the parts so as to claim money for repairing.

Figure this: You go with a car, Works Manager examines, tells you the problem and (so called) rectifies it. You drive the car, experience additional problems (which were not there when you'd initially given it (front grille, for example)).. then go back to the chap, he tells you that you need to shell additional 16K. Utter nonsense!
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I was quoted 73k for a service Check Mohandas motors thread
These dudes are funny and expect us to be idiots.

Panky; maybe according to their checklist, a car with so and so odo read has to get this and that replaced and hence ...
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:09   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
.. please suggest what else could be done here!

Can I drag them to court??
Cut your losses, get out of that place, go to a decent FNG, spend a day there, pay him the amount you planned to spend on court fees while dragging Vishvakarma Motors to court, and you'll have a perfectly running Indigo LS again. You don't have proof that they swapped your good parts and fitted back someone else's bad parts onto your car - but they did; it's standard practice when visiting workshops where you are not a regular or don't have references.

OTOH, if you are related to the local MCD councillor (or any other bigwig, say, in the Central Pollution Control Board), get him to shut the Vishvakarma workshop down for Factories Act & CPC Act violations (each workshop here violates the Acts multiple times, else they'd be bankrupt anyway).
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:21   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to that

Sad that the only tit-fot-tat approach is to use one's clout .

Get your car out of harm's way and go back where you used to.

I dread going to these ASCs and am happy that I have so far managed to get all cars done up at independents' with no probs whatsoever.

The only learning is perhaps to shoot a few pics of the engine bay and suspension area before tendering the car for service ; and recheck after

panky,the best you could do is to put it on record to Tata Motors and never again go back to this place;no need to make allegations here but just state what you were charged for,what you felt was actually done and what they are telling you now.

Last edited by vigsom : 2nd December 2011 at 15:25. Reason: addition
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
These dudes are funny and expect us to be idiots.
True indeed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
OTOH, if you are related to the local MCD councillor (or any other bigwig, say, in the Central Pollution Control Board), get him to shut the Vishvakarma workshop down for Factories Act & CPC Act violations (each workshop here violates the Acts multiple times, else they'd be bankrupt anyway).
Good idea.. I do know someone there and luckily that chap is the local heavyweight of the area where this so called cheater workshop is located. Over one phone call, he can get this shut under the acts that you'd specified. Am also an hony. reporter in one of the newspapers and plan to get the same published there as well. Idea is even if I have to spend, I'll teach these buggers a lesson and get them a run for their life..
I'm in process of posting the same in couple of other auto forums as well.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:29   #8
Team-BHP Support

Panky: Do you have an old photograph of the bumper, that shows a scratch that is no longer there?

Photograph could be an incidental one taken of a scenic spot with the car in the background or something like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks