Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 18:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Metro Chevrolet - Dealer asking for more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Since sanddrift grey is a premium metallic color, most dealers will ask for a 5k premium over the black and white.

But then, the dealer should have kept their promise on the delivery and not fool the customer to buy another color or wait till the price hike. Please call up the Chevrolet customer care number and shoot a mail to gmi.cac@gm.com at the earliest, on the behavior by the dealer.

I doubt whether one will get a Jan 2012 model if buying early in Jan. It might be good to ensure with any dealer, that you get a 2012 model, by checking the VIN and Form-22, if you have to buy at the hiked price.
Thanks for the email address.... & yes why are they giving me stories ...infact he is telling me that we have got permissions to give you a metallic colour in only5K and not 6K....I know from the other dealers that it actually costs 5K & not 6
Old 19th December 2011, 19:01   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the dealer gave you a commitment on the delivery date, then he is wrong. However, do note that overshooting the delivery date is commonplace. Sometimes its intentional, sometimes unintentional (manufacturer supply delays, transportation issues etc.).

I'll tell you something better. Wait till end January and buy a 2012 build car. Sure, you'll pay a couple of grand extra, but it will more than pay for itself at the time of resale. Unless the discount is substantial, I'd always wait a month and buy a model made in the newer year.

Hope that helps. Good luck shopping. The Beat is a VFM hatchback and one that has the segment-best ride comfort.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 20:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hope that helps. Good luck shopping. The Beat is a VFM hatchback and one that has the segment-best ride comfort.
Completely

I was about to press the thank you button reading a good suggestion when suddenly I got to the last sentence. Come on big B, are you double sure on the segment-best ride comfort? Ride comfort is no where near of other cars in the segment (read Ritz, i10 as these are the ones I have been driven on most), if you are taking the back seat comfort and comfort on broken patches. I do agree that the Beat is a pleasure to drive on the highway due to the low NVH, but it gets bouncy on borken roads (swaying heavily, I suspect stiffer suspension). Still, one thing I can't disagree is that you really get addicted to driving the Beat on the highway often, thanks to the low NVH.

Last edited by thoma : 19th December 2011 at 20:11.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 11:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the dealer gave you a commitment on the delivery date, then he is wrong. However, do note that overshooting the delivery date is commonplace. Sometimes its intentional, sometimes unintentional (manufacturer supply delays, transportation issues etc.).

I'll tell you something better. Wait till end January and buy a 2012 build car. Sure, you'll pay a couple of grand extra, but it will more than pay for itself at the time of resale. Unless the discount is substantial, I'd always wait a month and buy a model made in the newer year.

1 - I do understand the unintenional part . But I am the one who is suffering at the end of the day

2 - I hope the difference in 2012 model is just couple of G. Do you have any idea how much does it actually rise up to? tentative

3 - Indeed VFM. Love as a driver. Not experienced as a passenger.

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Completely

I was about to press the thank you button reading a good suggestion when suddenly I got to the last sentence. Come on big B, are you double sure on the segment-best ride comfort? Ride comfort is no where near of other cars in the segment (read Ritz, i10 as these are the ones I have been driven on most), if you are taking the back seat comfort and comfort on broken patches. I do agree that the Beat is a pleasure to drive on the highway due to the low NVH, but it gets bouncy on borken roads (swaying heavily, I suspect stiffer suspension). Still, one thing I can't disagree is that you really get addicted to driving the Beat on the highway often, thanks to the low NVH.
I Do understand the above point. I agree as well
But Beat also has better plastic quality , mean nose , little bit more in terms of internal features than hyundai's & Toyota, VFM since it fits my budget & overall a wholesome package...

Right now the dream is stuck up half way through
Old 20th December 2011, 18:21   #20
BHPian

Finally I have written to GM . Hope I get a speedy resolution

Dear Sir

My name is Parishrut and a big fan of “GM” in particular.

This is my grievance and I am going to keep it short & concise

I have finally chosen to settle in for Beat PS Petrol. I have already booked my car on 12th Nov from Metro Chevrolet in Delhi.
A waiting period of 8 -10 days was indicated to me but when I walked into the dealership on 17th , I was told that the colour Black is not available. No one had called me for those 5 days in between and never had planned to.

To my utter dismay , I was given two options after couple of days.

Option 1 – Settle in for Linen Beige colour
Option 2 – Upgrade to LS model costing me extra 25,000

Option 1- I DO NOT LIKE THAT COLOUR. Besides, a car is for life for me and it is the first time I am buying a car. The compromise is not worth it.
Option 2 – I do not have that kind of money , else I would have settled in for an LS anyways. Besides, I do not understand why for no fault of mine I am expected to shell out 25K

The dealership wants to portray that they are giving me two options as a way of showing flexibility. Sadly, in both the cases I loose. Money.

This is not flexibility. This is imposition of something that they already have.

I have asked them if they are ok to lose 1 customer , booking amount & the down payment to which they have shown no respite and have admitted, they will have to. This has completely changed my perception about the Bow Tie logo.

I hope someone in the GM system gets back to me and helps me find a solution

I am ok to wait for sometime as far as I am not been asked to shell out more money. Lastly , I am an average guy who wants to own a CHEVY BEAT since March 2011, soon after it was launched.

Please note : The dealer can sell many cars in a day but I am only buying it once. I am appalled by my car buying experience and seek a speedy resolution

I can send you scans of the booking amount cheque , order booking form and statement from my bank

Please help me

Parishrut
+91-9XXXXXXX

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st December 2011 at 02:08. Reason: Removed extra html tags, please avoid copy pasting from external editors, thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 20:46   #21
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishrut786 View Post
2 - I hope the difference in 2012 model is just couple of G. Do you have any idea how much does it actually rise up to? tentative
I hear it's 1%, but the delaler said there could be 16K hike for the EON ( I don't think it would be that high though)

Come on, you are in Mumbai, pick up the Mumbai Mirror/Times and call at least 2 dealers; trust me that will bring you some good news.
~~h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 11:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
I hear it's 1%, but the delaler said there could be 16K hike for the EON ( I don't think it would be that high though)

Come on, you are in Mumbai, pick up the Mumbai Mirror/Times and call at least 2 dealers; trust me that will bring you some good news.

They are telling me that they can not commit . But a 2 % hike is guranteed. so If Ex Showroom is 3.5 L i can expect 6 & half K additional...However, for some reason they are discouraging it since they want to stick to me an existing beige color which is there in the stockyard. I have calle up few dealers and understook that the price hike will be between 6 - 8 K.

I am from mumbai, but in Delhi since couple of years. All these is happening here...Miss Mumbai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks