Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: EVM Volkswagen Kochi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Yes, have they confirmed any features for the 2012 manufactured Vento. Around the forums BHPians have indicated that there are some minor changes.

I believe they have hiked the price for 2012 manufactured ones or atleast you have a good discount on the 2011 manufactured ones.
We were not informed of any feature changes in 2012 Vento. My friend was offered 40K discount on the 2011 Ventos available with the dealer.
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:58   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
We were not informed of any feature changes in 2012 Vento. My friend was offered 40K discount on the 2011 Ventos available with the dealer.
True. 2011 Ventos are being offered a 40k discount. Vento definitely feeling the heat especially after the launch of the Fluidic Verna although Rapid's lauch isnt affecting much.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 09:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, While Browsing modified cars on facebook, I came across this news. A small caption from the news is quoted below.

Quote:
This post comes all the way from an unfortunate customer of vw, who invested almost 7 lakhs in a POLO and is now behind evm people to get some justice for my car
EVM Volkswagen Kochi-10320269_758952304138944_1356723137113024039_n.jpg

Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 30th April 2014, 10:53   #34
BHPian

Guys, a brand new VW dealership has been opened in Kochi near to Nippon Toyota and Nissan dealerships past kalamassery. Does anyone know who owns this dealership? Is it EVM themselves or is it Phoenix?
Old 30th April 2014, 11:02   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Would have been nice if the owner had bothered to clean up the car and then post a pic. Usually a car is seen as an extension of one's character; this car gives me a wrong impression about the owner on the maintenance / usage of the car.

Edit:: The pic might be from one of the road trips; but am sure the owner had enough time to wash the car and take another pic to post.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th April 2014 at 11:04.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:12   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Would have been nice if the owner had bothered to clean up the car and then post a pic. Usually a car is seen as an extension of one's character; this car gives me a wrong impression about the owner on the maintenance / usage of the car.

Edit:: The pic might be from one of the road trips; but am sure the owner had enough time to wash the car and take another pic to post.
Totally agree. Also the post seems have lot of vague points and some inaccuracies. For example not sure how only this polo can hit every tiny hump. And why only a first service comparison with swift. Conveniently not mentioning that the first service of a new maruti is typically one month and that of polo is 1 year. . and I don't think the first month check of a swift costs anything.
Old 30th April 2014, 11:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

The ground clearance of 160 while not great is not the worst either. I am surprised that the vehicle hits even the smallest (tiny - to use the owner's words) humps. There may be a manufacturing defect with the car then I guess.
Old 30th April 2014, 12:54   #38
BHPian

Could as well be a defect of the driver. I have a feeling that all these hits were at a higher speed !
Old 1st May 2014, 03:04   #39
BHPian

The ground clearance on a Polo / Vento is 168mm.

From the picture, it seems to be a Petrol Polo though I cant say for sure. Most complaints pertaining to sump damages have come from the Diesel Polo and the same has been addressed in two stages:
1. Protective Under Sump Cover - all older vehicles were provided the same at a discounted price of ~Rs.1100 - 1300/- (Dont remember the exact cost)
2. Spacers provided to increase the ground clearance of the Diesel Polo in specific

I agree with the others here that the service costs between the Swift & Polo cannot be compared as the Swift goes through 3 services by the time the Polo goes for its 1st service.

I have come to know through a Maruti Dealer that the cost of the free services has already been factored into the cost of the car. Apparently, the authorised workshop sends the filled up Service Completed stub from the Maintenance Booklet (for the free services) and is reimbursed from Maruti. Maybe seniors from the forum can comment if this is true or not.

None of the VW cars require an underbody wash and the same is also not recommended for any of its cars. Neither does a VW car require anti-rust coating to be done on the underbody of the car.
Old 1st May 2014, 10:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post

I agree with the others here that the service costs between the Swift & Polo cannot be compared as the Swift goes through 3 services by the time the Polo goes for its 1st service.

Have to agree on this with no double thoughts. We have a Vento TDI and a Ertiga ZDI in the Garage and having run 25k on the Vento and 47K on the Eritga .The comparison of the service cost and average maintenance per KM i find the Vento to be at par or almost same with the Ertiga .

The reasons are simpler and easy to understand , the Maruti touches the service station ever 5k Km and spends approx 2 to 3K for 5 k service and approx 10 k for the 10k Service. So in a span of 47 k the Ertiga went to service station around 9 times while the Vento just went to the service station just once .Even if the Vento touches 47k KM it would end in the service station just 3 times compared to 9 times for the Ertiga.

Now should the Maruti go for service every 5k km ? that is debatable.

Also in my observation the Vento parts are little pricey compared to the Ertiga but at the end of the day i feel the amount of parts that needs replacement in a Vento is much less compared to the Ertiga .

Though this may be pro-active way of serving the vehicle but then the total cost is almost same as VW.
Old 11th December 2022, 13:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

EVM VW Kochi in the news -
A customer was quoted around 2.75 Lakhs for repair on an in-warranty Polo and he has been struggling with the case in consumer court for almost a year. It seems the court appointed commission has found that the "water in diesel is the cause for damage" story by EVM is false. The customer is in front of the dealership for the past few days, holding a placard and demanding justice. Sorry below news is in Malayalam.

Related thread - Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rotting in service center for 16 months!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th December 2022 at 12:12. Reason: Added the forum link for the incident. :)
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks