Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:28   #1
Team-BHP Support

Trident Chevrolet, Bangalore

I recently got my Corsa serviced at Trident Chevrolet, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore.

I have been a customer of Sundaram Motors until they closed shop.

Now the harsh reality for GM car owners in Bangalore is that there's only Kropex, Trident and Frontline motors for servicing. Kropex has not a single good review and Frontline is just too far away so it's Trident almost everyone's turning to.

The workshop at Trident was built I think keeping in mind that they'd be servicing scale models. There are an astonishing (in a very negative way) only 6 service bays of which only 4 have hydraulic lifts. The other bays are Electronic jobs (1) and Wheel alignment & Balancing (1). Space is a MAJOR constraint at this place. The washing area is adjacent to the service bays (separated by a wall of course) and the cleaning, 3M treatment etc. happens at the waiting area.

The workshop is open throughout the week and as per their website, it is open from 9am to 6pm. My SA did mention that they work till 10pm (don't know how true this is though).

Forget space, getting an appointment itself is a daunting task. BHPian abhinav.s got an appt. for his Spark's free servicing months after he originally wanted it (after several postponements). The SAs at Trident are helpless due to the limitations of space and the astronomical increase in cars due to Sundaram's shutdown.

It is utter chaos out there. Luckily, there are a handful good SAs who tend to you (only after you've spent ages waiting). They don't necessarily suggest replacement rightaway.

Funnily, the car is washed first and then taken in for servicing!

There are 2 Opel-specific mechanics - one each in the morning and evening shift. And, they have very *few* Opel spares so if it's not a regular servicing that you visit for, chances are you'd have wait at least 3-4 days. The gear cable for my Corsa took 1 week.

The mechanics seem to have done a decent job and since I went there just for the gear cable replacement, I can't comment on other aspects.

IMO,

pros :

1) it's existence!
2) a few good SAs
3) mechanics seem to have done a decent job, at least for me

cons :

1) SEVERE space-crunch
2) over-worked SAs
3) severe work-load
4) since cars are often washed *before* servicing, chances are you won't get a spick and span car during delivery.
5) you have to get things like cleaning etc done by keeping a watch
6) the driver who brings the car from service bay to washing area is an idiot! he literally attempted driving Abhinav's Spark from the washing area while the FFE was still covered in plastic. So, if your car has such mods, you have to stand guard during washing

Overall, you get work done well but you really have to get it done as Trident doesn't seem to be able to cope up with the car influx.

The SA did mention that they're opening a branch in Indiranagar or some place.

For now :

No. 122/1, C. Shankar Reddy Layout,
Kalyan Nagar Ring Road,
Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore - 560043
Phone: 080 - 43430500
Fax: 080 - 43430517

Link to their website : Chevrolet Dealer Bangalore - Trident Chevrolet

MODS : I know this review doesn't exactly glorify the A.S.S. but this is one of better options for GM vehicles in Bangalore.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trident Chevrolet, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore

I bought my car at this dealer and have been getting it serviced ever since for the last 4 services here (5 including the initial assessment). When I bought the car in Mar'2010, the service center was relaxed with very knowledgeable and friendly SA's. There were only 3 SA's IIRC. Now the SA's are harassed and they have increased to about 6 in number (which is still not enough). They do try to be friendly as much as they can. Before they used to service around 20 cars a day. Now they are getting around 60 per day. There are about 10 service bays, with 8 of them for servicing the cars, 1 WB & WA and one for electrical works.

Initial check up and first service, i was present at the Service center to supervise things. I was satisfied with the way they handle the cars and wash them etc. I opted for pick up - drop for the 2nd service as the car was not modded at that time. 3rd and 4th service was spent at the service center with me again supervising since the car is modded.

All my experiences have been good at Trident barring the previous one where they almost destroyed by free flow filter. As Nishad (libran) pointed out, the dumb guy tried starting the car when the filter was wrapped in plastic!! Barring this episode, all others have been good.

With regards to washing the car before service, it depends if the washing bay is free, car is washed first, if not then its serviced and then washed. Either ways, before delivering the car, it is thoroughly polished using normal polish and only then handed over. I have not had a dirty car from service being delivered so far. Nishad, if you probably go for a routine service, you might have a better experience as it was a running repair this time.

Space is at a premium at this place and you have too many heart in the mouth situations if you monitor the way they park the cars and move them about. But to their credit, they have so far not nicked/dented my car.

To cope with the load, they are opening 2 service centers. One near Adugodi and another near the Gopalan Mall on Mysore road. Once these are functional in about 2 months time, the load should reduce and things should return to normalcy.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 23rd December 2011 at 18:53.
Old 18th May 2012, 11:49   #3
BHPian

Re: Trident Chevrolet, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore

@abhinav.s,
Do you know whether any more Trident-s have opened. I ended reading your post in a happy note, but a quick browsing didn't bring up new service stations of Trident.
They have opened a new showroom at JPNagar/Jayanagar area though!
Old 14th July 2012, 20:06   #4
BHPian

Trident Chevrolet Rajarajeshwarinagar Bangalore

Today I had been to the new Trident Chevrolet Service Centre, Rajarajeshwarinagar on Mysore road, near Gopalan mall. Its a brand new place, much of which is still under construction. Only the service centre in the basement has started operation. I accompanied my uncle for servicing the Chevy Beat.

Service requests were to fix a faulty AC and a general 20000kms service. The whole ordeal took 5 hours though the ac was fixed within 2 hours. They were pretty professional and work was carried out in an acceptable manner. Although the boys were a bit callous in their attitude.

Here's a break-up of the bill.
Trident Chevrolet, Bangalore-14072012602.jpg
Trident Chevrolet, Bangalore-14072012601.jpg
Now the tricky and (to me) unacceptable part is that they charge 350 Rs and 425 Rs to CHECK, CLEAN and GREASE the caliper. That too when the whole service is done under general service. Do the brake checks and "GREASING OF CALIPER" not come under normal service? How can there be a normal service of the car without checking of the brakes?
I have bolded the greasing part because the manager was using this in all his argument.
And mind you I was standing right there when he did the stuff. All he did was remove the wheel, open the caliper, dust it and reattach it. I'm not asking if this warrants the price that they are charging, but whether it is right to charge it ADDITIONALLY to the general service for which they have charged 975Rs. Is it so with other manufacturers as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks