Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 20:08   #46
SDP
Team-BHP Support

re: Rejected the delivery of defective Safari. UPDATE: Tata offers a fresh car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Good handling of the situation overall by Tata and their dealer. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake.
Sorry, I beg to differ. There is a huge difference between genuine mistake and a cheating attempt. The way I interpret the dealer's behaviour is that "If you are a keen observer, if you have a loud mouth, if you can make noise on the internet/newspapers, if you can reach to someone higher up in the manufacturer's organization, ONLY THEN we won't try to cheat you."

Last edited by SDP : 27th December 2011 at 20:09.
SDP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 20:10   #47
BHPian

Congratulations TK on reaching an amicable solution

It is good that the dealer is trying to make up for his mistake and you giving him a chance to do the same.
Old 27th December 2011, 21:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

As i fully agree that they are replacing the defective car with a new one, they "must" compensate you with something "twice".

Once for Buying a Tata Product and secondly for buying from the same dealer. Heck they should at least give a basic ICE system with speakers, HU, wires et all as a gesture of goodwill. Maybe TML can throw in an extended warranty free of cost / at least offer 50% discount.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 27th December 2011 at 21:32.
Old 27th December 2011, 22:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sorry, I beg to differ. There is a huge difference between genuine mistake and a cheating attempt. The way I interpret the dealer's behaviour is that "If you are a keen observer, if you have a loud mouth, if you can make noise on the internet/newspapers, if you can reach to someone higher up in the manufacturer's organization, ONLY THEN we won't try to cheat you."
I completely concur with SDP and still am of the opinion that you should put on hold your deep desire to buy a TATA product as the parent company cannot be absolved of all responsibility for attempts by the dealer to pass on a defective/abused product to you.

Please note that in my ongoing consumer case with TATA the company in connivance with the dealer disregarded the order of the court for which the representative here in Cochin was arrested but released on bail. Yes you read right arrested!!! that too in a follow up to a consumer case; the first such incident in 2011 in Ernakulam Consumer Disputes Forum. O P 1000/2001, in Execution Petition 90/2002, in Appeal 289/2004, in ST 1/2011 in CMP 5/2011 are the case file numbers. From what I gather it will take another 4.5 years at the very least. So all in all 15 years to get justice in a consumer case in India, but I am prepared for it. Whew. Pray for me. No amount of noise on the net or being a loud mouth helped in my case though.
I even have a letter from RATAN TATA himself promising that my problems will be resolved in year 2001 itself. This is my trump card in the Supreme Court when it reaches there.

Wait on for a month and you might see that this same SUV/Safari in all probability go into the hands of another unsuspecting Indian. Rise up for your rights Indians.
drpullockaran is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 22:42   #50
Team-BHP Support

This dealer knows that he caught you cheating; Pandit as everyone says isn't good enough.

What assurance do you have that these guys will not fool around with your Safari during servicings?

I'm sure it's terrible being in your shoes right now; your dream vehicle hasn't had a perfect start and you can't give it up because the dealer messed up.

Quote:
Precisely; the problem is solved for throttleking but someone less suspecting will end up getting the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I completely concur with SDP and still am of the opinion that you should put on hold your deep desire to buy a TATA product as the parent company cannot be absolved of all responsibility for attempts by the dealer to pass on a defective/abused product to you.

Please note that in my ongoing consumer case with TATA the company in connivance with the dealer disregarded the order of the court for which the representative here in Cochin was arrested but released on bail. Yes you read right arrested!!! that too in a follow up to a consumer case; the first such incident in 2011 in Ernakulam Consumer Disputes Forum. O P 1000/2001, in Execution Petition 90/2002, in Appeal 289/2004, in ST 1/2011 in CMP 5/2011 are the case file numbers. From what I gather it will take another 4.5 years at the very least. So all in all 15 years to get justice in a consumer case in India, but I am prepared for it. Whew. Pray for me. No amount of noise on the net or being a loud mouth helped in my case though.
I even have a letter from RATAN TATA himself promising that my problems will be resolved in year 2001 itself. This is my trump card in the Supreme Court when it reaches there.

Wait on for a month and you might see that this same SUV/Safari in all probability go into the hands of another unsuspecting Indian. Rise up for your rights Indians.
Precisely. Unfortunately, the solution to this Safari's problem is either morally hard (letting go of the purchase altogether) or selfish (getting a new vehicle and hoping no one is sold that Safari).
Old 27th December 2011, 23:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree with SDP. Remember lot of things by pure luck were on your side viz not done the paper work/registration, were able to stop payment and most of all you were T-BHP educated to do PDI. As a lesson to them please if you can, at least change the dealer. Tell Ratan Tata about it on twitter @RNTata2000 (verified account by news channels). It is time we convey that customers can't be taken for granted. I can understand the emotional side of this deal. But try if you can. I stopped short of booking Safari last year when I saw Bangalore Concorde (near Christ college) motors "covering" up stuff with a white Safari just before hours to delivery.
Old 28th December 2011, 01:00   #52
BHPian

This forum has seen one too many such instances of attempt of deceit by dealers - hiding information that is the right of a customer in your case. I do not agree with your decision, but I wish you many many peaceful miles away from a service center.
Old 28th December 2011, 01:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

In such a Case, Not Everyone may be prepared to go the extra miles to cancel the order altogether and wait for the next step. that may include court,face bullying from dealer-manufacturer not to mention delay in resolving. some of us may be efficient to handle that part. most will want to close the deal soon peacefully.
Old 28th December 2011, 01:53   #54
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Both of them very politely apologized for the whole episode and explained how all this happened.
Can you please tell us their story?
Old 28th December 2011, 10:38   #55
Senior - BHPian

@sagar,
good to know that TATA take our community seriously.
The real culprit in this case is the dealer and both customer and the company suffered.
I hope, in future, company will look seriously toward such type cheating from the dealer.
Old 28th December 2011, 10:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post

You seem to have gone through much bigger problem than I am going through right now. At this moment my issue is with the dealership and if they do not provide appropriate solution in stipulated time frame, then I would definitely be doing what you are suggesting. On the other hand, I know Safari is not a niggle free vehicle but still I am quite ok with it, so long as I am getting the right kind of service. I am only hoping that TATA will improve their products and services.

I hope that your problem will be resolved soon. Wish you all the best.

Quote:
I would agree with you, but at this moment I am treating this issue very nicely. I told them, despite of going through such a mental agony I did not even mention their name in the opening post. I am more into settlement mood, if I just walk out with my money, it will be lot easier for them, this issue will be forgotten very soon. And if I stay back, they will have to give me a better service. Otherwise this thread stays alive, and they will have the time of their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Can you please tell us their story?
They are saying since the LX black was not available, they got it from another dealer in Dhule. The paint touch-up thing, how it happened is not known to them, and they are checking with dealer in Dhule. They hold their own people responsible for not doing a basic thing like PDI. The staff got the required bashing, and even one of the senior manager got a bashing in front of me. They accepted that it is sheer ignorance of their staff and they were not able to handle the delivery pressure in this month.

In the end it may be manipulated story, but I am specifically focusing only on clean delivery of the vehicle.
throttleking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 11:00   #57
Team-BHP Support

So if I got it right, you aren't accepting that specific vehicle which was driven down from Dhule, right? I am guessing that the driver who drove the car down ferried passengers in the car for a small fee to make up for his evening drinks and dinner.

If I were you, I wouldn't settle for anything that was manufactured before Nov'11 and not brand new with nothing more than 20-30 kms on the odo. An abused Tata vehicle during running in could be a disaster in long term ownership. This particular car has over 300 kms on it already.

Do settle for a fresh, brand new, unused car!
Old 28th December 2011, 11:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys here is the today's update. First thing first, million thanks to t-bhp and to each member who contributes in his own way to make this community so powerful.

And I am glad that there are representatives from these manufacturers, who constantly keep reading us and consider our feedback. Obviously TATAs are no exception, and that speaks thousand words about the company.

Specifically in this case, The Regional Sale Manager Mr. Sumit Dattavade got a call from TATA's head-office mentioning about this thread. He looks after three dealerships and Millennium is one of them. Today morning I got a call from Mr. Jitendra, General Manager Millennium mobility. So we went and met him. Both of them very politely apologized for the whole episode and explained how all this happened. It was a long conversation. They also showed an email communication about the planned dispatch of the vehicle from the factory, and assure me a clean delivery in two days for my inspection. Upon my agreement, they would go ahead, register the vehicle, fit all the accessories i asked for and final delivery will happen on Friday.

We shook hands and I came back. Obviously I did not ask for any compensation, all I need is real value for my hard earned money and better customer experience in future. And just walking away with payment was also not a comfortable option after this conversation. The way they have considered a feedback from this community, its a thank you gesture from my / our side to cooperate with them.

Waiting for Friday now.

PS : Merlin / Safari Storm is at least two months away, to be available on road.
Good to know that you're getting an acceptable resolution to your issue, however, as others have pointed out, the problems with PDI, accident touch up, quality niggles are not a very comforting sign, and it seems to point to a systemic failure rather than a one off incident.

Also, given the way in which the dealer tried to cheat you, its quite likely that the vehicle you rejected will simply be palmed off to another unsuspecting customer.

I believe that you should move to a more ethical dealer and purchase a more reliable product.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the end it may be manipulated story, but I am specifically focusing only on clean delivery of the vehicle.
The phrase goes as that "ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL".

I had had similar experience while picking up my friend's ZEN way back in 2005, however the dealer, MODERN CARS in Chandigarh, immediately gave us an alternate piece.

Wishing you may happy safe (S)miles & soon OWNERSHIP review is definitely expected.

Raab Rakha.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 11:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
So if I got it right, you aren't accepting that specific vehicle which was driven down from Dhule, right? I am guessing that the driver who drove the car down ferried passengers in the car for a small fee to make up for his evening drinks and dinner.

If I were you, I wouldn't settle for anything that was manufactured before Nov'11 and not brand new with nothing more than 20-30 kms on the odo. An abused Tata vehicle during running in could be a disaster in long term ownership. This particular car has over 300 kms on it already.

Do settle for a fresh, brand new, unused car!
Yes Kiran, I am settling for a fresh vehicle which is coming from factory today. More recently manufactured than the earlier one, and of course less run. Moreover, I clearly told them, that i would take a look at the vehicle first before you go ahead and register it on my name. So still have the right to reject it, if I dont like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Good to know that you're getting an acceptable resolution to your issue, however, as others have pointed out, the problems with PDI, accident touch up, quality niggles are not a very comforting sign, and it seems to point to a systemic failure rather than a one off incident.

Also, given the way in which the dealer tried to cheat you, its quite likely that the vehicle you rejected will simply be palmed off to another unsuspecting customer.

I believe that you should move to a more ethical dealer and purchase a more reliable product.
Very little choice that we have here in Pune. and even if I go to some other dealer, the faulty Safari which they tried to sell me will anyways go to some other customer, who will not have an eye for detailing. I could at the most publish the VIN on this forum so that at least some people are aware.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks