Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2012, 07:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: NBS international, Andheri - A car dealership with no cars

Are they new?

I have seen most of the new entrants in the market do not keep Demo cars as this is an extra drain on the finances Test Drive + Demo. Most just keep a few for test drive and whatever one would like to see in a Demo car can be seen in the test drive car as well.

The Demo car keeps Customers engaged while they are waiting for their turn to get a test drive. Also if the Demo one is top end then it shows the customer what to expect in the top end and other variants.
Old 25th October 2012, 08:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Expecting someone to attend you on a busy day such as Dassera when major deliveries would be happening is like expecting huge discounts on most selling car. I would not mind going on another day to see if the response is still the same. I have seen traffic getting blocked due to huge deliveries on Dassera day. Most of the times either the demo car is already being taken for a demo or under maintenance, the SA's often show the delivery cars for customers who want to have a look at the model they want to buy. But nevertheless if the SA should have politely taken down the contact details and called the next day, I guess you would have felt better.

Last edited by ghodlur : 25th October 2012 at 08:22.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 08:26   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Multiple things:
1. NBS International is assuming that customers are so gullible that they would buy the 'No demo car' argument. Come on NBS, time to come out from under the rock!

2. "Made To Order" ? Really NBS? Are we talking about a mid-level SUV with 3 variants or top end Veyron Supersport?

3. When XUV5OO was launched a year back, I am pretty sure EVERYONE had a demo vehicle - including NBS.
So one of the 2 things have happened:
A> The demo vehicle was of such pathetic quality that it did not last even a year and had to be scrapped.
B> The much abused demo vehicle has been sold to some unsuspecting customer!

Last edited by SDP : 25th October 2012 at 08:27.
Old 25th October 2012, 11:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

They probably think "made to order" means "when you order, then mahindra makes..."

Seriously though, this is the case with dealerships when it comes to any current commercially successful model.
The "tu nahi to koi aur sahi" attitude.
(if not you, then someone else[will buy it])

Last edited by mayankk : 25th October 2012 at 11:37.
Old 25th October 2012, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Yup Methil, go to the one that has cars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Are they new?

I have seen most of the new entrants in the market do not keep Demo cars as this is an extra drain on the finances Test Drive + Demo. Most just keep a few for test drive and whatever one would like to see in a Demo car can be seen in the test drive car as well.
Yes, the Andheri dealership is fairly new. IIRC, not more than a few months old. However it sits on a prime location at Andheri; right at the junction of S. V. Road and Juhu Lane. For a reason - it targets mid to high-end customers specifically for the XUV. There is talk that the Rexton will be sharing space there soon. Point is it is a fairly large dealership and some of their advertisements have promised a 'cafe-like' experience for potential buyers meaning there's no dearth of carpet area, ample sitting area where you can lounge, browse through M&M's automotive-making history, inspect cars on display while having a cuppa etc. etc. The least I would expect is that these guys have a proper display vehicle to complete that much touted experience.

Besides I've TD'd the XUV with my family when they ran a promotion for it a few weeks back next door at Shoppers Stop. So the 'no demo car' logic is absolute BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Multiple things:
1. NBS International is assuming that customers are so gullible that they would buy the 'No demo car' argument. Come on NBS, time to come out from under the rock!

2. "Made To Order" ? Really NBS? Are we talking about a mid-level SUV with 3 variants or top end Veyron Supersport?

3. When XUV5OO was launched a year back, I am pretty sure EVERYONE had a demo vehicle - including NBS.
+1.

While I understand that there will be rush on certain auspicious days for bookings/deliveries, this seems like a dismissive response.

Coincidentally I drove past NBS last night and noticed a flurry of activity too. My brother even remarked that it'll be interesting to see if they were willing to service new inquiries. Glad we didn't waste our time.
Old 25th October 2012, 13:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Expecting someone to attend you on a busy day such as Dassera when major deliveries would be happening is like expecting huge discounts on most selling car. I would not mind going on another day to see if the response is still the same. I have seen traffic getting blocked due to huge deliveries on Dassera day.
I knew that they are busy on Dussera day so I just wanted to have a look at the vehicle. I thought that they would have atleast have 1 XUV that I could sit inside and inspect, since the whole family were together. Getting everyone together on any other working day is almost impossible. But how can a car dealership not have a car to inspect. I don't mind the waiting or being told that the demo car is being serviced or its out at some other dealership. But being told its made-to-order is ridiculous.
methilsunkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 14:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Really interesting considering NBS International is M&M owned showroom. Atleast it was till about a year back. The AP Regional Customer Care Manager who also happened to be a good friend was promoted and sent as CEO for NBS last to last year.

However I feel you should bring this to the notice of M&M customer care and see how the service changes.

Cheers
Old 25th October 2012, 16:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Really interesting considering NBS International is M&M owned showroom. Atleast it was till about a year back. The AP Regional Customer Care Manager who also happened to be a good friend was promoted and sent as CEO for NBS last to last year.

However I feel you should bring this to the notice of M&M customer care and see how the service changes.
Just found this out on the website of NBS International "NBS International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, a market leader in multi-utility vehicles in India. Mahindra products are marketed through NBS showrooms located at strategic points in the city of Mumbai - Chowpatty in South Mumbai and Ghatkopar in the eastern suburbs and Andheri - West in the Western Suburbs."

I had a lot of respect for M&M, but this is dissapointing. They need to improve their wholly owned dealerships and make them more professional.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:11   #24
BHPian

Re: Poor Experience @ NBS International Mumbai

I have also bought my Bolero from NBS. The Sales Person was very nice & helped me a lot with all my queries & delivery/ registration handling etc.

Before taking delivery I had to install central remote locking & gear lock so vehicle was @ the service station for two days (Due to personal reasons), but the job was done satisfactory & as per given time.
(But this is so true that service personnel are heavily overloaded as the workshop was full of XUVs & other Mahindra Vehicles.. SO full that some vehicles were literary attended in common areas etc depending on how small the task was)

Now my first service is nearing, so want to know where to get it done from?
I stay near Thane so had a call from Ambition motors -Bhandup, but I am not aware of their service. If anyone has any experience from them, please do share.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Now my first service is nearing, so want to know where to get it done from?
I stay near Thane so had a call from Ambition motors -Bhandup, but I am not aware of their service. If anyone has any experience from them, please do share.
Since you stay near Thane, wouldn't Global Gallerie workshop be nearer to you rather than going all the way till Bhandup. There's one in Kolshet on Dhokali road (Siddheshwar garden) near Majiwada in Thane. You can try them.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 16:11   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Since you stay near Thane, wouldn't Global Gallerie workshop be nearer to you rather than going all the way till Bhandup. There's one in Kolshet on Dhokali road (Siddheshwar garden) near Majiwada in Thane. You can try them.
Thanks for quick response. But any recommendation out of above listed as far as service experience is concerned?
Old 19th March 2013, 02:33   #27
BHPian

Hey Friends!

Does any one have any update on the best A-S-S experience for M&M Xylo in Mumbai?

Have had pathetic experiences from NBS - Reay Road (2010-11) and Ambition - Bhandup (2011-2013).

These guys keep on multiplying on the problems. The original reported problems never get resolved and newer ones start off post service to which the service center guys very shamelessly say that this will be billed extra. They never ever talk about how and when of the new problem.

Recently got my Xylo from a 45k km service and its radiator grill on top (the first big thing that's visible as soon as you open the hood) is totally in mess. The neatly arranged aluminium scales or chips are all scrambled. Don't know whether this is serious damage. This i came to know of only when i happened to open the hood for filling in windshield spray water (those good for nothing service center guys had not even filled in spray water ).

Also the cleaning has always been a problem. Never do i remember that they have cleaned the vehicle exterior and the interiors are so very dirty and greasy that i need to wash my hands multiple times after bringing it back from the service center, till the time i have my car washer clean it all over.

Please guys, please share your 2pence in here.

1. What Service Center is good in Mumbai?

2. Is there any specific Service Advisor to get in touch with to get a better service?

3. Are all M&M Xylo owners facing the same issues?

4. Is there any recourse for addressing this? (calls from M&M for getting my service feedback have also stopped since past 2 years or so)

5. Seems my 2010 Xylo is already out of warranty, considering that do i have any better option to get my xylo serviced reliably at any non-M&M service center?
Old 20th March 2013, 14:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222
Hey Friends!

Does any one have any update on the best A-S-S experience for M&M Xylo in Mumbai?......

5. Seems my 2010 Xylo is already out of warranty, considering that do i have any better option to get my xylo serviced reliably at any non-M&M service center?
Hi.
You are not alone !

Almoat all M&M owners goes through these types of experience.
I was also in great need of help for M&M authorised SC. Have twice visited Global Gallery @ Ghodbunder road, Thane & had somewhat better experience than NBS.
(Though it is out of Mumbai, you can give it a try).

Else, since your warranty is already over, you can try good garages for service. Many of these garages also offers some good AMC contracts, which offers periodic maintenance like oil top ups, washing, small adjustments, wheel alignment etc.

May be some bhpian from Mumbai can share their experience.
offroad_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 17:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hi.
You are not alone !

Almoat all M&M owners goes through these types of experience.
I was also in great need of help for M&M authorised SC.
Is this a kind of punishment for buying a M&M vehicle?

Quote:
...Have twice visited Global Gallery @ Ghodbunder road, Thane & had somewhat better experience than NBS.
(Though it is out of Mumbai, you can give it a try).
Shall give it a try once next time... Hope this works out.

Quote:
Else, since your warranty is already over, you can try good garages for service. Many of these garages also offers some good AMC contracts, which offers periodic maintenance like oil top ups, washing, small adjustments, wheel alignment etc.
But the real challenge that i foresee is the GENUINE parts availability for Xylo in open market and also the technology requirements like connecting a laptop to the vehicle to diagnose the issue. The laptop connection and Genuine Parts are two things that make me feel gingery in handing over my vehicle to any Non-Auth-Serv-Center. Btw, is it possible to share details of non M&M garages that you might have tried for Xylo? How is Carnation to try for? Do they have a work around for Genuine Parts and Laptop / Software requirements?

Quote:
May be some bhpian from Mumbai can share their experience.
Friends and Learned People... pls help
Old 16th June 2015, 19:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo222 View Post
Hey Friends!

Does any one have any update on the best A-S-S experience for M&M Xylo in Mumbai?

But the real challenge that i foresee is the GENUINE parts availability for Xylo in open market and also the technology requirements like connecting a laptop to the vehicle to diagnose the issue. The laptop connection and Genuine Parts are two things that make me feel gingery in handing over my vehicle to any Non-Auth-Serv-Center. Btw, is it possible to share details of non M&M garages that you might have tried for Xylo? How is Carnation to try for? Do they have a work around for Genuine Parts and Laptop / Software requirements?

Friends and Learned People... pls help
Please head to Mr. Shanbaug - Select Auto Works (Dadar East) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ar-mumbai.html

The list of problems & dissatisfaction from Reay Road's M&M SS were endless. Since 2014, my Xylo was only attended by Mr. Shanbaug and every time the vehicle only came back in a condition better than earlier.

Never had any complains, cost wise I wouldn't say they are cheap but certainly VFM. Also, they use only genuine parts from M&M authorized stores or procure them from ASS.

PM me for more details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks