Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 17:47   #16
BHPian

re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

the best way to proceed with this is to renegotiate the deal considering the new facts or threaten police action since it is ILLEGAL and not just unethical to clock back mileages. This is the easier course of action since you actually liked the car, whatever its condition was, in the first place. Offer him a raddi price like 3/3.5 lac which he wont agree. Then continue with the legal action you plan.

Anyways, since they are asking for money for a service/goods they did not provide, this is a clear case of 420. Logically they should never have blocked the token money. I do hope you have a receipt for that transaction.

Anyways, If you really want the car to be not sold, post an ad for it on the carwale/tbhp classifieds with the reg.full no. and the correct details.

And as I already told you, you can get all service records over the phone. Thats how I checked authenticity of the civic you see in my signature that we got back in October from MFC. They wont give you anything printed though.

Last edited by antz.bin : 5th January 2012 at 17:51.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:49   #17
BHPian

re: mahindra first choice-dealer jk moto tries to scam,caught. Mahindra intervenes

Get a copy of the service history from Honda service center which indicates the last service mileage and also try and get an evidence which would show the current mileage reading in the car which would act as a proof that the meter was tampered. I'm afraid they might change the reading back to the original amount if they feel threatened or get a feeling that this might get exposed so before you take any legal action, make sure you have a strong case.

Send an email to the higher-ups with the details of the case and see if that helps. I guess you should keep the legal action as the last resort.

I hope you get back the money at the earliest. Best of Luck

SD
SwiftSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
guys,
what first choice stated is right, they dont check odo geneuinity.My friend has sold a bolero di to FC which has done @ 1lac km with a 45000km odo on it..But in your case, they has to refund the money , no second thought on it.
If this is indeed the case then they should seriously shut shop. The biggest fear one has while buying a used car is the ODO reading genuineness and accidental history. If at one hand they talk of trust and on the other tell me that they have no idea if the vehicle has done 1L kms or 30k then I don't trust there judgement on anything. Any experienced roadside mechanic can tell you the ODO reading of a car just by looking at the car's condition and there predictions are very close to the actual readings.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 17:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The main reason I went to mahindra was their checks, and the warranty(god knows HOW that would have fared!!)
It didnt even come to me that an MFC outlet would still be just a dealer!!!
I assumed they wouldnt be SO idiotic so as to be associated with a process of sale that involves , apparently, the easiest scam to detect, ie, one phone call!!
Old 5th January 2012, 17:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Thanks guys.
Sort of overwhelmed by responses.
One thing though, how do I get Honda records.
walk into a honda SC and ask them for the details; i did it with hyundai when in a moment of madness i was contemplating a used elantra diesel, strike up a conversation with one of the guys and ask them politely for a service history printout. do not mention though that it is to be used for criminal proceedings
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.
Sort of overwhelmed by responses.
One thing though, how do I get Honda records.
You could tell the Honda dealer you are contemplating purchase of this car, but aren't sure if the owner has been frank with you. He can email you the last service details (hardcopy would be better!).

You could actually send him a written/email communication for requesting the details. That will add credibility to your request.

Also check with the insurance company. They may not have the odo readings, necessarily, but may have any details of insurance repairs carried out, and you could tap those sources too.

If you are still unable to get those records, you could always call the manager as a witness in a court of law, but that's a last resort.

Try writing this up into a nice notice-like letter (including the information you have obtained from the Honda dealer), the MFC dealer should probably see the sense in returning your money. Or else take them to the consumer court for fraud.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The repayment will be on a matter of principle or fear of lost business only, cos the receipt is issued by JK moto corp and says in the fine print that odo is not guranteed....:(

BUT,I have the chassis number of the car.
I could anyway look up the new owner , if the car is sold, on delhiveh.nic.in and tell him to confirm the odo on the car.Then JK and mahindra would have another monkey on their back....

Last edited by mayankk : 5th January 2012 at 18:12.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:17   #23
BHPian

Very very strange that the so called 118 point checks doesn't cover the odo reading. Then they need to modify it to 119 point check

I thought the odo reading is one of the very important factors in arriving at the resale price of a vehicle.
Two 2008 model vehicles (of same everything else), one with 30K and the other with 100K on the odo will obviously have different prices.
Please correct me if I am wrong here
bkbkr1212 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The repayment will be on a matter of principle or fear of lost business only, cos the receipt is issued by JK moto corp and says in the fine print that odo is not guranteed....:(
By the way does it also mention on the slip that deposits are non-refundable?
Old 5th January 2012, 18:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
ok, so my dad retired in November, and needed a ride.
Now, he was quite content to use the spare santro, but I just did not feel comfortable that as a senior consultant, he was going to climb out of the
My demand is quite simple, and logical.
I am NOT asking for a free car or 30 gazillion rupees.
Just give me my 20k back, which I gave trusting a verbal agreement, becuase it had the known name of Mahindra backing it.
[] As mentioned ask someone to take a discreet snap of the car's odo. My guess is by this time the car's odo would have been set back to original mileage.

[] Have you tried to file an FIR for cheating and fraud? I suggest you do that. The cost of dealing with an FIR would be much higher for them thn returning your deposit. Send in a complaint via email to the police. Once that is done take a hard copy of the same and to Lajpat nagar police station and obtain and acknowledgement of the same. Next step is putting M&M on notice about the fraudulent practices at their dealerships. Release the complaint to the press.
RS_DEL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
By the way does it also mention on the slip that deposits are non-refundable?
lemme check, though I presume it does.
But in this case, the deposit was basically for a 37k vehicle, but the vehicle being sold is a 60k vehicle.
so, misrepresentation of offering.
Old 5th January 2012, 18:46   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But in this case, the deposit was basically for a 37k vehicle, but the vehicle being sold is a 60k vehicle.
Thats absolutely right. Even I feel when thy say that the vehicle is 37k kms old and its instead 60k kms then its outright cheating regardless of what they write in there fine print.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Mayankk, sorry to hear about what happened to you. But believe me, you are not at fault if you paid advance in good faith & whatever the receipt says, you are ENTITLED to full refund, as it's a simple case of cheating. Now you have two options as suggested by other members:
1. Renegotiate the price & take the vehicle, Easier one.
2. Be prepared for a long haul, keep your records up to date, every phone call, every visit, mails etc., in chronological order. First shoot a polite but firm mail to Mahindra, right up to Chairman level,specifically mentioning the trust you put behind Mahindra, the brand, if not already done so & attach all records/details you have. Wait & if nothing happens, Post on their FB page. Mostly , this does the trick. As a last resort, be ready to move consumer court & don't accept dealer/ mahindra's words that we can't refund the money/ company policy or any such crap. And, you'll win sooner than you think. Wish you best of luck.
nawalsingal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 18:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Very very strange that the so called 118 point checks doesn't cover the odo reading. Then they need to modify it to 119 point check

I thought the odo reading is one of the very important factors in arriving at the resale price of a vehicle.
Two 2008 model vehicles (of same everything else), one with 30K and the other with 100K on the odo will obviously have different prices.
Please correct me if I am wrong here
seriously, how can you not have an ODO check. When deciding for a second hand car the first thing a buyer looks is the date/yr of manufacture and then the ODO reading.

Its just a way people make money. Seller sells a 7 yr old 100k car with 60k on ODO for a profit, dealer such as Mahindra First choice wants a piece of the action and sells this car with 30k on the ODO and suddenly you have a 7yr old car done only 30k!

btw, does the dealer also underclock the ODO, or is it only previous owners.

@mayankk: seriously shame on Mahindra First Choice, I really hope you get your money back and teach them a lesson of not to take customers for granted.
superutp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 19:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Regardless of the fine print on the receipt, when you asked the sales guy if the reading was genuine, he said yes; he did not say maybe. So it is a clear case of fraud. You should file a complaint with the consumer forum. Once these guys are investigated, I'm sure all vehicles in their possession will turn out to have tampered readings. The dealers are hand-in-glove in this fraud. That's the reason they have the disclaimer. Hope you pursue this till its logical end. In the meantime, post your story in whatever forum that is available. If you can dissuade even one person from buying from this dealer, you'd have caused them more than what they are trying to cheat from you. Just yesterday a collegue was hinting at buying a vehicle from MFC. I'll show her this thread and hopefully get her to go look elsewhere.
abybabykcc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks