Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 21:14   #1

Scorpio SLE Water leak - Thank you Mahindra & TVS

I bought a new Scorpio SLE on 22 Mar 2012 from TVS Cochin. Within a month I found that the driver cabin floor carpet is wet which i duly reported to TVS and they told me that its a simple matter of A/C outlet being wrongly placed.

Within two weeks of getting the car back, I found the mat wet and smelling again. This time also TVS returned the car confirming that the problem has been fixed.

The happiness didnt last long for more than a month when the driver's as well as co-driver's cabin carpet and felt beneath were found wet. This time Mahindra team got involved and TVS took ten days before the car was delivered to me.

The problem reappeared within 15 days. By this time I was tired and was regretting my decision to purchase this SUV rather than an Innova.

TVS gave the car back to me within two days and promised that the problem will never repeat, a promise which I refused to buy in.

I waited for six months before I report this in an online forum. I must tell you that, touch wood, the problem did not recurr and I am delighted the way Team Mahindra and TVS addressed this issue.

1. The Mahindra technical team from Pune was involved and the local Mahindra CS person Manoj Kumar was constantly in touch with me.
2. TVS Service Manager - Giridhar and Sales Manager - Anil Ipe was very supportive.
3. TVS GM - Rajkumar Kurup called up and promised all support to resolve the issue.
4. TVS & Mahindra waived off all expenses for the first service and gifted a scuff plate along with whole body treatment.
5. Mr. Kurup presented a Scorpio coffee table book along with a curio
6. Mahindra and TVS promised me an extension on warranty support which I am told that I will receive shortly.

Though the experience for the first two months after a proud purchase was not so exciting and that i lost my cool at certain occasions, I am very happy the way both Mahindra and TVS handled the matter and I want others to know about this professional customer oriented approach from Mahindra and TVS.
ninanjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 16:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scorpio SLE Water leak - Thank you Mahindra & TVS

I believe the date of purchase should read as 2011.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the 2012/2011 mixup everything went as it should for a good customer experience. Such positive stories take the pain of the occasional niggles that one get sometimes in Mahindra vehicles.

Q: Would it be needed to change the carpet as well, because of getting wet it might get permanently smelly?
Old 13th January 2012, 17:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know that the issues were addressed.

Poor customer support is more irritating that niggles in the car. Mahindra has done well to overcome the poor ownership experience by providing good customer care & offering freebies.
Old 14th January 2012, 12:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Apart from the 2012/2011 mixup everything went as it should for a good customer experience. Such positive stories take the pain of the occasional niggles that one get sometimes in Mahindra vehicles.

Q: Would it be needed to change the carpet as well, because of getting wet it might get permanently smelly?
Sorry about the messup reg 2011/12. TVS changed the felt beneath the carpet and hence it was no longer smelling. Forgot to mention that they changed the AC unit too. More than the freebies it was the attitude of TVS and Mahindra which gave me support and delight
Old 16th January 2012, 08:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I believe the date of purchase should read as 2011.
...not unless it is "Back To The Future"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I choose Maruti for that exact reason. Even when the dealer decides to foul up the deal, Maruti steps in and has a word with the dealer to get them to play fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Poor customer support is more irritating that niggles in the car. Mahindra has done well to overcome the poor ownership experience by providing good customer care & offering freebies.
Although freebies sounds good, I would much rather have the service center provide on-site diagnosis and repair than have them keep the vehicle for 10 days. Getting a temporary replacement vehicle from the service center is a close second place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninanjohn View Post
Sorry about the messup reg 2011/12. TVS changed the felt beneath the carpet and hence it was no longer smelling. Forgot to mention that they changed the AC unit too. More than the freebies it was the attitude of TVS and Mahindra which gave me support and delight
It's nice to know that TVS changed the affected upholstery in the car. It seems to be the hardest thing to replace because the seats etc. are bolted down on top of it so it can get very time consuming. BTW, would it be possible for you to provide contact numbers or email addresses of the individuals who have helped your case at TVS and Mahindra?

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 16th January 2012 at 08:39.

Most Viewed