Team-BHP - A star damaged on 1st service at Sai Service Andheri : Handled responsibly
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   A star damaged on 1st service at Sai Service Andheri : Handled responsibly (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/115307-star-damaged-1st-service-sai-service-andheri-handled-responsibly.html)

My new A start Auto was given for 1st service (1000kms) yesterday at Sai Service Andheri. I have been servicing my Swift here regularly and am very happy with their service. However due to time constraints my driver had gone to pick up the car. While checking the car he noticed a big dent on the front LHS fender. The same was reported to the service in-charge. The service manager went through the service sheet and immediately took responsibility for the damage. He said the manager is in meeting and he will take the matter from here on.

After 1 hour the manager came, took the responsibility for damage and noted it down on the service sheet along with his and service in-charge signature. I was given an option either to take the car and get it in for repairs later or keep the car back for repairs, I chose the later. I told the manager that these things happen but how you rectify it is what separates a mistake from turning into ugly scenario. He acknowledged the same and said the panel wont be repaired but replaced and there will be no difference from the original factory fitting.

I also told him that the panel is now their responsibility and any rattles, color difference or mismatch will have to be guaranteed by them. The same was promptly assured by the manager.

My view:

1. Mistakes happens and here it did, I could have spiraled this up the ranks, got mad become a very hard customer. I don't know what the end result could have been. I would have certainly done this 2 years back but lately things have changed and become a lot more calmer. I feel my calmness gave the manager more confidence and he handled the matter maturely.

2. My only doubt is why was the car readied for delivery? Either the service center labors tried hiding it or the management itself was aware and took a chance.

The car is at borivali workshop and will be delivered on monday. Is there anything else I have to look out for? I am not upset, I don't know why and feel I will get the car back as good as new (OPTIMISM AT ITS BEST).

Here are the pics

Its good that you did not loose your temper as customer response in incidents like this goes a long way in strengthening customer - service manager relations.
Same incident happened with me during service of my Linea.
All I had to do was to bring it to their notice and they took full responsibility and even apologized for the same.

Tazmaan, consider yourself lucky that it's a Suzuki A Star & not a Skoda Fabia!!lol:
Good presence of mind on your driver's part to check the vehicle before delivery. Such mistakes do happen but it is the way Sai Service people handled it that is commendable.
Just 1 question - How are you going to ascertain that the part was replaced & not repaired?
Answer - When you go to collect the car, tell them you want to see the dented panel. If he shows it to you,fine & if not, well you know what to do!!

When I went to collect my SX4 from service at Fortpoint, they made a very small,superficial scratch on the door. I showed it to them & they immediately removed it by polishing. I thanked them for their proactive attitude in their feedback form & have even built quite a good rapport with the S.E.
So I guess,you did a very right thing.:thumbs up
And make sure that you go to take delivery of the car,in broad daylight!!

Regards
Varun

I guess it was rammed by another vehicle when parked, i hope they take the same responsibility and fix the other car. MASS are usually good and customer focused.
But i would be little irritated if they made me wait for an hour of no fault of mine. What was the manager doing in a meeting when a customer is waiting for him who IS his business.

Take the delivery in day light and check for glares sideways you should be able to see if it is fixed dent instead of a new fender.

That's very professional of those guys to own up the mistake and get the work done. I hope they are NOT going to put it on your warranty? If so, decline politely. That was one mistake which I did when there was a similar issue with my car.

Heard such business have some kind of warranty for such incidents and they can claim damage for such repairs.

Can you make out the difference on repaired panels by knocking on them with your knuckles? Guess when they flatten the panel, they use some powder coating or so to even the surface and they make more of a plastic / fibre like noise than metal noise when you knock on them. Could anyone confirm this?

I had almost similar kind of dent on my Zen.I was keen one removing the dent by using the dent remover my bad luck it was replaced by the RNS motors under insurance. But the fit and finish was not as factory fitted, when I compared it with RHS . There was a gap between the bonnet and the fender where as in the RHS it doesn't exist. when i pointed out the diffrence SE informed it was best they could make it.:Shockked:

swiftnfurious

Yes , One can make out the diffrence easily when we knock the fender sound will be entirely different and its of lower quality. I compared it by knocking both RHS fender and other zen which was in service center .

Hi tazmaan, judging by the damage, I would suggest you ask them to tinker and not replace the part. Other than the fact that, replacing might reduce the resale value, I have heard a scam going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2670019)
Heard such business have some kind of warranty for such incidents and they

What I have heard is that the body shop guys have some kind of arrangement with scrap dealers. Damages like this can be easily set right, but instead they replace the part, and sell the damaged panels (which is in fact as good as new, and infact better than what you get outside A.S.S) to scrap dealers.

In your case, I wont really suspect the A.S.S who seem to have done a good job, keeping you happy, but just be informed.

The car was supposed to be returned Yetserday but the car was not finished to my satisfaction. Some scratch marks where still present on the edge of the door (door panel). I refused to take the delivery and the car will again go to the body shop for refinishing. I asked for a replacement car and they gave me a Swift ZXi. I am still waiting for communication from their side. The communication from Sai Service has been poor which ticked me off. Every time I have to call and take an update, this matter was escalated to the manager and I have asked for a clear line of communication and no delivery during Night time.

Will update once I get the delivery, sorry no photos of the scratch marks.

The car has been repaired and handed over. The work is very good and there is no difference in color at all, even when viewed from different angles in sunlight.

Though it took more than expected time, I was given a Swift ZXi which was good enough to fill in. Sai service however failed to keep me updated about the events and scheduled delivery date.

Anyways, All's well that ends well!!