Team-BHP - Aravali Auto Gurgaon (Chevrolet Dealer) - embezzled the funds given as booking amount
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Aravali Auto Gurgaon (Chevrolet Dealer) - embezzled the funds given as booking amount (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/115766-aravali-auto-gurgaon-chevrolet-dealer-embezzled-funds-given-booking-amount.html)

It can not get more pathetic than this. I booked the Chevrolet Beat LT at Aravali Auto Gurgaon on Tuesday last week and somehow my mother wasn't convinced about the car and had to cancel the booking on friday.

Just 4 days and the dealer told that there will be 50% cancellation charge and they will be returning only the remaining 50% of the amount. They in fact never gave me any receipt about the booking (the amount was actually directly credited in their bank account). Never was I told about the cancellation charges by the sales folks. I only realized it when I actually madeup my mind to cancel the booking.

When I enquired about why are they levying these charges since as far as I knew, other companies weren't doing it. The manager in charge told me that it is Chevrolet's policy. Not convinced about the explanation, I called chevrolet customer care and there I was told that there isn't any policy in place. I raised the complaint against Aravali Auto Gurgaon there and then.

On checking back with the dealership again and telling them the fact that Chevrolet doesn't have such policy, they modified the previous statement and now I was told that its policy with the dealership.

Clearly shoddy practices are being followed by these people. Just to get an idea about how the other dealerships in the local vicinity are operating, I talked to couple of maruti dealers lcoally, a Ford dealer locally and all told me that in case of cancellation, all of the booking amount is returned.

My complaint is still active with Chevrolet and my money is still with these crooks. The idea of this post is to just create awareness amongst the prospective Chevrolet buyers in gurgaon/ncr so that they get things cleared at the very beginning. I was screwed up but you guys don't have to be.

Actually, there are numerous instances all over India of dealers not returning the entire booking amount on cancellation of order. There are such examples even on T-BHP where members were not given the entire amount back; but being stern about it and following it up at all levels generally helps.

You just have to persist and ensure you get your entire money back.

You got a facebook page with details from your bank as well? We can do the usual shaming of the company on twitter.

^^
hear hear.
Pen it all down, share it.
each and every detail.
Then, start shooting off to every mail id that ends in @gm.com.

I've said it before and will say it again : Every dealership is required to refund you 100% of your booking amount by LAW if you cancel your booking. There are several consumer court judgements to this effect, and where the complainants have also been awarded interest.

If the dealership hasn't given you a product, they have absolutely no right to cut any part of your deposit. It's nothing but the usual, cheap dealer tactic to fleece customers. Keep putting the heat on Chevrolet and the dealer will eventually toe the line.

Start with gmi.cac@gm.com, send emails to everyone email ID in GM with a link of this thread, plus put this on their FB page with a link to this thread.

Threaten the Dealer to go to Consumer Court, although i do not think it will be needed.

Here are some email IDs
chevy.in@gmail.com - Someone called Ashim Gupta, not sure why its a gmail ID.

Ask them to give it to you in writing that this is their policy. This is a must. If they refuse then threaten legal action. If they do give you a letter then you can go for legal action.

Also, I must say that there is a mistake from your side when you made the booking. One must always take in writing the terms and conditions. Especially with a car booking since deliveries are always delayed and you may end up cancelling for various reasons.

I had booked a Chevrolet Beat from Kropex in bangalore. Took in writing that incase of cancellation 100% refund would be given. I ended up traveling on work for 3 months and decided to cancel the booking. Kropex returned the amount within one week without any hassles. I never had to even visit the showroom. Called the SA who told me it would take 7 days and then came home and gave the cheque.

Thanks for the email ids guys. I'll definitely follow up on that. The complaint has already been raised with the GM guys and the dealer as well has been notified by the GM fellas. The dealer is still not willing to return my money.

I think I'll move to the next step now. Will try to target GM's facebook page and will convey to the dealer that I will be escalating this thing to the consumer court.

Will keep everyone posted about the happenings.

This is the same dealer that made me wait 10 minutes before anyone attended me when I had gone to enquire about Cruise. They made me feel like I was some time pass not worthy of buying their car and was wasting their time.

I can only say take this to the highest levels in GM and I am sure you'd get your money back.

Buddy, go to facebook and search for ashim gupta. If not go to Chevrolet India page and post a message. GM is very good at getting back to you with a certain time frame and they might even call you.

Another option is to call 30308080 and lodge a complaint. Surely hope some of the above will solve your issue.

Yes I've already called at 30308080 and have raised a complaint. I am currently in the office and I'd have to wait till the time I reach back home to access the facebook page.

And to add to Aseem's point, yes these people are rude. I'd never really want to interact with such people and knowing the fact that the Chevrolet is available only by these crooks in gurgaon, I am shunning the idea of getting a chevrolet.

Raise a stink on GM's FB page you are sure to get response. And also take snap shots of what you have written on the GM Wall coz they will sure strike it down and then you can use the snap shot. BTW it's not a good thing not to collect a receipt from the dealer. Do you have the pay in slip duly stamped by the bank?

I did an online transfer and have it in the comments that the transfer is for the booking of Beat LT. I already posted on the facebook page and haven't got a reply as yet.

Guys can anyone assist me with the email ids of the top of the line GM babus ? I guess its time to email them about the issue.

Talked to the GM customer care and they are simply stating that the request is being actioned and soon I'll be notified.

The dealer is hell bent on keeping the money with him.

The facebook page itself is useless and these people do not even bother. Where I posted my grudge, someone else posted about his in the same thread. These guys replied to the other guy and simply skipped responding to my query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 2682031)
Raise a stink on GM's FB page you are sure to get response. And also take snap shots of what you have written on the GM Wall coz they will sure strike it down and then you can use the snap shot. BTW it's not a good thing not to collect a receipt from the dealer. Do you have the pay in slip duly stamped by the bank?

Yes this works .

The brand new Polo in the family had a clutch failure at just 1200 kms ! The car was towed from Mysore to Bangalore ( there is no service in Mysore !)
I immediately wrote a letter to customer care on this . Waited for 2 weeks and no reply .

As the clutch isnt covered under warranty ,we werent even asking for a free replacement.The dealer said the clutch would need 10 days to reach Bangalore from Pune ! And they werent even able to give an estimate.

Tired of the useless dealer's replies and tired of waiting ,I posted on the VW India FB page .I get a reply within 7 minutes .And the car is repaired the next day ! VW doesnt charge anything for the clutch and replace it under warranty as a goodwill gesture . VW didnt let the dealer charge the 10K INR as part of towing charges from Mysore ( on a flat bed truck )
The car is back ( without the music system ) ,which the dealer has promised to return :)

All I am saying is that social media posts do work .