Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 20:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
It doesnt look like a major one. You can continue using the car while the service center is waiting for whatever that needs to be done, right? Its not hampering your day to day usage in any way.

If I were you, I would have only only got the rear right light assembly replaced and rest of the dent tinkered with a FNG, saves so much of money and effort. The finish might not be perfect, but then its much better off waiting for this long.
Hi Bala..The car was 10 days old when this happened and as with any new car you want to get the smallest dent fixed asap. If the car was older, I would have driven this way. The car is still under temp registration and I did not want to get it registered in this condition.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:42   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days

It is quite possible that Skoda are yet to come up to speed with stocking replacement spares for accident repairs. From what I can see, you only require a new light cluster.

The only issue that I see is that for insruance purposes, Skoda need to complete all repairs before repairing the car.

I fail to see the issue in not registering the car in the current condition.
Old 25th February 2012, 20:59   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car is still under temp registration and I did not want to get it registered in this condition.
I recollect in past Insurance companies were not clearing claim unless you have permanent RC , do check on this with dealership .
Old 26th February 2012, 20:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

I can understand your sentiment. But as others have suggested, try getting your car registered first which may actually expedite the process. Technically you require only the tail lamp cluster, so take the car back with you and continue using it till the required parts are available with Gurudev. I would be very apprehensive of leaving my car with them for this long a period, knowing their shady practices. All the best to you, please keep us posted on the developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
Hi Bala..The car was 10 days old when this happened and as with any new car you want to get the smallest dent fixed asap. If the car was older, I would have driven this way. The car is still under temp registration and I did not want to get it registered in this condition.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 19:17   #20
BHPian

How much are they charging for the service? I am looking for the average cost without any parts replacement? Is it like a package?

I have heard many people complaining about Skoda's paid service bill. so, just curious to peep in.

I do agree, skoda rapid is a good car but the shared experience about after sale service is quiet alarming.
Old 1st March 2012, 21:03   #21
BHPian

Hello All

I finally got my car back. The total damage was 60k but insurance took care of everything. I had to pay 2k from my pocket for some scratches made by some sadistic person with a sharp object.

Extended Warranty is still not available for Skoda. At least that is what Gurudev Motors claim. I really hope Chennai gets another dealer so that there is no more monopoly.

I am also getting the car registered in Pondicherry this friday. You save about 60k while registering in Pondy compared to Tamil Nadu.

Thanks a lot for all your comments and suggestions.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:13   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
Hello All

I finally got my car back. The total damage was 60k but insurance took care of everything. I had to pay 2k from my pocket for some scratches made by some sadistic person with a sharp object.

Extended Warranty is still not available for Skoda. At least that is what Gurudev Motors claim. I really hope Chennai gets another dealer so that there is no more monopoly.

I am also getting the car registered in Pondicherry this friday. You save about 60k while registering in Pondy compared to Tamil Nadu.

Thanks a lot for all your comments and suggestions.
60k is extremely high. Good to hear you had to pay only 2k. I had a similar accident where both the rear door & back side patch was damaged. The damage was not that much to get them replaced, however they underwent the full works. The bill (which was mostly taken care of by the insurance) came to 16k odd. Even if they had to get replaced, I doubt it would have gone to 60k.

Also how did you get insurance without getting the car registered? I thought (and was told) that insurance can be done only after registration.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Isin't the light cluster shared with the Vento? Try VW.

Rest is just tinkering
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

^^ car is already repaired and delivered. Read two posts above :-)
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:17   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Also how did you get insurance without getting the car registered? I thought (and was told) that insurance can be done only after registration.
The car has a temp registration and also has insurance.
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Isin't the light cluster shared with the Vento? Try VW.

Rest is just tinkering
The size and outline would match, but not the pattern inside.
Old 11th March 2012, 23:28   #27
BHPian

Glad to see your car back in shape.

Next time take your car to Guindy workshop, and go and see the service manager Mr. Sunil, tell him about your past experience and ask him to assign you a good service manager, he has helped me various times when I was fed up with the A.S.S. he has helped me changed 2 leather seats and a amplifier all under warranty and all within a week.

If you find yourself in such a spot again go and speak to Mr.Paras explain him your problem, at the Anna Salai showroom, he is one of the directors of the company. He has helped me speed up any delays.

Shrug this Incident off and enjoy your car, but do be vary next time.
Old 12th March 2013, 14:49   #28
BHPian

I had a similar accident but damages much more severe. Its been 1 month and 2 weeks since my car went in for repairs. The rear quarter panel just arrived last week and work seems to have started.

Accident Photos:
Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days-20130128_133408.jpg
Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days-20130128_133420.jpg
Skoda Rapid repair at Gurudev Motors (Chennai) : No parts available in 45 days-20130128_133428.jpg

Most of the damage is actually under the rear end of the vehicle when the car flew over gravel mould piled up on the side of the road. Quote is 5.5Lakhs. Wonder what would need to be put up from my end.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th March 2013 at 16:45. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinteLoop View Post
Accident Photos:

Most of the damage is actually under the rear end of the vehicle when the car flew over gravel mould piled up on the side of the road. Quote is 5.5Lakhs. Wonder what would need to be put up from my end.
5.5 Lakhs?? Am I missing something here? Thats half the price of the car I guess. Why is it such a large amount? Bent Chassis? Can you post the parts which are going to be repaired/replaced?
Old 12th March 2013, 16:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
5.5 Lakhs?? Am I missing something here? Thats half the price of the car I guess. Why is it such a large amount? Bent Chassis? Can you post the parts which are going to be repaired/replaced?
I'm not quite sure what parts are going to be replaced. from what I remember when i gave the car in for the repair the following parts would need to be replaced:

1. Rear dead axile
2. 1 Rear wheel rim
3. Quarter panel
4. Quarter panel glass
5. Rear RH door.
6. Front bumper
7. Rear bumper
8. Rear Tail Lights
9. Running board repair.
10. Right rear view mirror repair.

Most Viewed