Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 15:09   #31
BHPian

In delhi ... the petrol bunk when approaching from the ITO side on the way to purana qila just after pragati maidan ....and just before the left turn to ring road is a reliable filler.......and the worst for me would be the one near delhi golf course... ..since all the 'AAmeers ' drop down....so sitting in there Ac d saloons ....they never bother to be on the guard......the guys there are use to of BAkra u ...
Old 25th April 2006, 18:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi ivor care to explain the bad experience ur friend had at the matunga b.p outlet was planning to fill 97octane fuel frm there thats the only place having 97octane nearby dadar matunga sion or parel area i think so does anybody know anyother outlet having 97octane near these areas i stay in dadar t.t
My friend has a old non-MPFI Esteem and he used to fill fuel regularly there. He had massive problems with fuel filter choking up, sudden stops, drops in acceleration, and his service folks said it was all due to adulterated fuel. Since he used to only fill up there, he told me the quality at that station was suspect.

However, please remember this is just one chap--so I don't have any conclusive evidence where 5-10 folks say the same thing.

Incidentally, I used to service my old Zen at Hind Automobiles (the HP pump next to the Kings Circle flyover) and the Maruti Service Station guys there (the service station owners were tenants, I think, and hence had no direct financial interest in the pump) used to say the fuel quality at the pump was excellent. The guys were pretty trustworthy and did a good job in the nearly 3 years I used to go there (ended only around a month ago, when I sold my Zen).

I have 'complete' trust in only one station in Bombay--New Bombay Auto at Linking Road in Bandra, opp Shopper's Stop. Incidentally, they have Speed 97 too. I used to live in Matunga too, but have gone to Bandra quite often just to tank up!
Old 25th April 2006, 21:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Could you please give directions to the pump? I have recently started going towards ITPL and there's no company owned pump on my way now. Brookfields just might make my life easier.
Alternately, any other good pump between Silk Board and Marathalli Junction?
Hey Mohit,
I'm not sure about the shell outlet on brookfields; I'm yet to hear on recent updates from them.
you can still take a deviation on silk board junction - drive down 2 KMs towards hosur road and you'll find a shell outlet on the left hand side while going towards electronic city. I'll be planning to fill from there regularly.
Old 26th April 2006, 10:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
Hey Mohit,
I'm not sure about the shell outlet on brookfields; I'm yet to hear on recent updates from them.
you can still take a deviation on silk board junction - drive down 2 KMs towards hosur road and you'll find a shell outlet on the left hand side while going towards electronic city. I'll be planning to fill from there regularly.
I thought of the suggestion but I don't think it'll be very wise in the rush hour! I'd rather stick to the Pump at the BTM junction. The Brookfields one interested me as I go to the same area and a detour there seems more practical.

Does anyone know where it is so that I can check it out?
Old 26th April 2006, 11:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
I thought of the suggestion but I don't think it'll be very wise in the rush hour! I'd rather stick to the Pump at the BTM junction. The Brookfields one interested me as I go to the same area and a detour there seems more practical.

Does anyone know where it is so that I can check it out?

I'd rather choose Shell than going for other brands anywhere. I dont mind even going for a short or long drive once in a week, fortnight or month (depending on your use and the amount u fill) to fill Shell.
That would definately benefit on a long run.
I'm not trying to insist on the one at Hosur road, if you find one at brookfields, thats better. however, I wont go away from Shell and fill other brands only because of the traffic or rush hour.
Old 26th April 2006, 15:23   #36
BHPian

Guys in B'lore: Please never fill from the IBP after crossing "Lemon Grass" on the LHS; The quality is pathetic and untill recently they used to operate only the single measure pump(w/ only # of ltrs)... Really easy to mug you!!!
Old 26th April 2006, 16:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
Hey Mohit,
last sunday, I was crossing thru the pump...the pump looked ready as far as the infrastructure goes but the road in between in under construction...it is full of gravel...so that might be the problem...may be in a week's time it shud be functional...

BTW, I fill from Shell, Vittal-Malya Road...i always use auto-cut method...and also drive 5 km from my house to do a top up that to between 7 - 7:30AM...
Old 26th April 2006, 16:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
last sunday, I was crossing thru the pump...the pump looked ready as far as the infrastructure goes but the road in between in under construction...it is full of gravel...so that might be the problem...may be in a week's time it shud be functional...
You talking about the Brookfields pump? Where exactly is this? Thats what I have ben trying to find out.
Old 30th April 2006, 22:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is what I got from the Vittal Mallya Road when I filled last from there.

They gave me a the leaflet that lists all Shell outlets in Bangalore. Not sure when it was updated. It lists following outlets

Rajkumar Road
(near ISKCON)

Vittal Mallya Road
(near UB CIty)

Tumkur Road
(near WIDIA Factory)

Old Madras Road
(near KR Puram suspension bridge)

Hosur Road
(near Silk Board flyover)

Brookfields Road
(near graphite india, Opp. Maruti Service Station)
Old 1st May 2006, 10:13   #40
BHPian

shell

There is also a Shell outlet in Mysore Road. On the LHS before BHEL when you go North bound towards Chord Road intersection.
Old 16th May 2006, 02:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Shell Outlets

This is the email response that I have received from Shell.

From: SIPL Shell reply SIPL-ENQ [mailto:SIPL-Shell-reply@shell.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 5:37 PM
To: Ketan Pandya
Subject: Re : Your query at www.shell.com/india
Dear Mr. Ketan,
Thank you for recommending Shell to your colleagues, and we will be taking immediate actions to update the web page.
Kind Regards,
Shell India Private Limited
Old 14th June 2006, 13:22   #42
BHPian

Gurgaon Pumps

Hi,

Which are good pumps in Gurgaon? I usually use the HP pump on MG Road (before MGF Mall when coming from NH8), and would like to know if there are better/reliable pumps there.

TIA,
Simran
Old 27th July 2006, 22:29   #43

Hi

One of the Best Pumps in Mumbai Eastern Suburbs is the Godrej Pump on Vikhroli West , LBS marg. The Fuel quality is never in doubt. They have started taking Credit Cards also. Yes on sundays they are open only till 1 pm and they close otherwise daily before 9 pm
Old 28th July 2006, 14:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Which are good pumps in Gurgaon? I usually use the HP pump on MG Road (before MGF Mall when coming from NH8), and would like to know if there are better/reliable pumps there.
Though I stay in Gurgaon, I always make it a point to fill from a Delhi-based petrol pump. Fuel is cheaper in Delhi . Have been using the IOCL pump in NH8 just before the diversion to domestic airport while coming to Gurgaon, and found it quite trustworthy.

In Gurgaon, found the IOCL pump on MG Road (near Sadar Bazar) good enough. There are two pumps next to each other, I am referring to the one which is nearer to the Circle.
Old 29th July 2006, 21:25   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone tried the HP petrolpump near Mantralaya?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks