Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 20:17   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Could you please give directions to the pump? I have recently started going towards ITPL and there's no company owned pump on my way now. Brookfields just might make my life easier.
Alternately, any other good pump between Silk Board and Marathalli Junction?

Here are the Directions from old madras road

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1...kfieldsjp3.jpg
Old 24th September 2007, 11:11   #122
BHPian

In South Bangalore,
1. Annapoorna (Indian Oil) next to Vijaya College on RV road
2. Park View opposite Madhvan Park
3. BPCL on Bannerghatta Road - opposite IBM
Old 4th October 2007, 04:42   #123
BHPian

just to say lowest octane fuel in mumbai and some 14 more cities are all 91 octane
as per 2007 if not late 06

i think BS 3 standards
Old 4th January 2008, 19:03   #124
BHPian

Yesterday night on the way back home I decided to top-up the petrol and thought of trying the BP in front of IBM office (Subramanya Arcade) on Bannerghatta Road). I parked the car in front of filling booth and came out of the car. there were 2-3 attendants around. one with cash bag came to me and i told him 'Speed, tank full and Credit card payment'. the other guy hooked the pipe to the car and told me 'saar jero' it was showing 8888.88 and re-set to zero. in the mean while the cash-bag guy started telling me that if i have HDFC card or stanchart i will not be charged some fee or something like that, mean while I noticed the guy filling the petrol stopped at Rs.200 and waiting as if I have asked for only 200Rs petrol!
Soon I realised they are trying to fool me and took 200 rupees out and said it is okay, no more petrol but only 200 is enough. then guys started telling me no saar, did not hear properly etc. etc. and he started telling he is filling for full tank now. he shown again zero to me but i could make out, it was just turning zero from 200 but meter was not reset (8888.88 and then zero has to appear) I just told them no and drove away paying for only Rs.200
Today morning, on the way to office, i decided to try the Indian Oil station at Kodihalli on airport road (Left hand side, coming from Airport, after the bus stop and overhead foot bridge)
There also I told the same, full tank, premium and credit card payment. but to my shock, the attendant had stopped again on 200 rupees! Again I drove off paying them 200 not listening to them.
I have read in our forum here several times that 'they' do this trick, fill in for 200 rupees, then again do full tank (without resetting the meter, but just resetting the display to zero i guess), and then ask us to pay for petrol of full tank+200.
It seems all petrol bunk attendants are trying to fool the customers and make some quick and easy money.
Just thought of sharing my experience with you all.
Old 4th January 2008, 21:02   #125
BHPian

does anyone know the cost o shell petrol(in bangalore) these says?

Regards,
Old 4th January 2008, 23:47   #126
BHPian

Where in Jubilee Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Hyd Guys,

Shell currently has 2 outlest operations in Ameerpet & Gachibowli and 2 more coming up in Jublihills , Raj bhavan road.

I am regular at Shell Ameerpet since it started, best experince for me & my car. To avoid chaotic traffic I drive in before 7 am and get it filled.

Apart IBP @ Begumpet, near Somajiguda are good as well..
VC12 do you know where in J Hills and Gachibowli the shell stations are coming up ?
Old 5th January 2008, 15:52   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Yesterday night on the way back home I decided to top-up the petrol and thought of trying the BP in front of IBM office (Subramanya Arcade) on Bannerghatta Road). I parked the car in front of filling booth and came out of the car. there were 2-3 attendants around. one with cash bag came to me and i told him 'Speed, tank full and Credit card payment'. the other guy hooked the pipe to the car and told me 'saar jero' it was showing 8888.88 and re-set to zero. in the mean while the cash-bag guy started telling me that if i have HDFC card or stanchart i will not be charged some fee or something like that, mean while I noticed the guy filling the petrol stopped at Rs.200 and waiting as if I have asked for only 200Rs petrol!
A couple of days back I had the same experience at the same BP. When I stopped the cashier came and asked for the amount to fill. I clearly told 'full tank', but when I got down the guy filling petrol showed zero on the meter and started to fill. It stopped at Rs 200. Then the cashier told him 'full tank' and started talking to me about card stuff without any charge etc. The other guy meanwhile continued to fill petrol. Once the tank was full, the guy filling petrol immediately moved off to another pump. The cashier then asked me for the reading amount + 200. I told him that the meter was not reset and refused to pay. He went to find out from the other guy who filled (he just went there and came back, he didn't even seem to talk to the guy who filled) and said ok.

This BP is company owned. These things have started off late. Hope the fuel quality is still good!
Old 8th January 2008, 16:03   #128
BHPian

gachibowli shell not operating soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
VC12 do you know where in J Hills and Gachibowli the shell stations are coming up ?
The gachibowli shell station is not exactly at gachibowli but on the highway from tolichowki towards gachibowli , after the rayadurg police station. The bunk is not operational as there are some construction sites nearby where earth bombing activity is going on. Hence they may not open the bunk untill 2-3 more months;atleast thats what shell official told me when i enquired.

Ofcourse if you are coming from tolichowki towards gachibowli, after sheikpet turning there is on IBP bunk(immediately after an indial oil bunk). This IBP bunk may not look very tidy and appealing , but it is a Company operated bunk and i found that the quality is consistently good. Also they accept cards without any additional fees.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Soon I realised they are trying to fool me and took 200 rupees out and said it is okay, no more petrol but only 200 is enough. then guys started telling me no saar, did not hear properly etc. etc. and he started telling he is filling for full tank now. he shown again zero to me but i could make out, it was just turning zero from 200 but meter was not reset (8888.88 and then zero has to appear) I just told them no and drove away paying for only Rs.200
Today morning, on the way to office, i decided to try the Indian Oil station at Kodihalli on airport road (Left hand side, coming from Airport, after the bus stop and overhead foot bridge)
There also I told the same, full tank, premium and credit card payment. but to my shock, the attendant had stopped again on 200 rupees! Again I drove off paying them 200 not listening to them.
I have read in our forum here several times that 'they' do this trick, fill in for 200 rupees, then again do full tank (without resetting the meter, but just resetting the display to zero i guess), and then ask us to pay for petrol of full tank+200.
It seems all petrol bunk attendants are trying to fool the customers and make some quick and easy money.
Just thought of sharing my experience with you all.
I'm confused. How does resetting to 0, and not 8888 have an effect on the money you pay?
Old 9th January 2008, 14:08   #130
Senior - BHPian

I am confused too... Rather I don't understand..
when the guy set the liter to zero, the Rupees also should go to Zero. Then both the readings will again go from zero when he starts again. then where is the problem..???

Anyways, I never tell the guy 'full tank' which can never be verified after filling how much was there and how much did the guy actually filled in.
I estimate the capacity left and get the nearest Rupee, Like Rs.1000 / 1500 or 2000 as the case may be.
Old 9th January 2008, 15:13   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

I third that opinion. I never understand though this topic has been discussed extensively out here, probably because it never happened to me.

Till date, I never ever filled up anything but tankfuls in my car and it is usually between 38L to 40L and i know the rupee value for these fills so no problems here.
Old 9th January 2008, 18:56   #132
BHPian

Hi,

A small info on shell pumps in bangalore, there will be NO normal petrol available, only super unleaded are pumped out in all there outlets, according guy on vittal mallya road shell, govt stopped subsidiged supply of fuel to private bunks. present rate will be 54.25, & to be rised in next 15 - 20 days..........
Old 9th January 2008, 19:53   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'm confused. How does resetting to 0, and not 8888 have an effect on the money you pay?
Look at the post from murugaveln above, you would understand.
They actually do not reset the meter completely and take that extra 200 rupees from you at the end. I am no expert on the meter etc. used in a fuel station but, i am sure, not all of these attendants would have used this trick if they are not in profit. (Same thing repeated in a row of 2 for me alone!)

Guess I could not convey on my thought in more friendly way.

I do fill up to full tank and that helps me to calculate the mileage more easily.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:24   #134
BHPian

i think there could be some truth with the what @shyamhegde & @murugaveln are discussing here. i might have been a victim of this as well.

I usually fill petrol in the HSR BP outlet and i always thought the quality of the petrol was good here and that i got more mileage (around 420 in my alto). Earlier this week i went there i said full tank and waited, like mentioned in the earlier posts the guy for some reason stopped at 200 and acted as if he understood it as 200, later when i clarified i wanted full tank he started again and filled it. I paid around 1580 . I have driven around 100 Km since then and the meter now is near the half way mark. It actually should have run 200 kms as neither my driving style nor the roads that i have taken in the last 3 days changed.

So just be aware of it and be alert.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Nemo and shyamhegde. I shall be vigilant henceforth. You never know what ingenious ways those crooks adopt to palm off our money !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks