Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 15:19   #181
BHPian

BUMP!
I have recently shifted to Chennai. Looking for reliable pump for my CRDI Verna around Perungudi/ Velachery / Thiruvanmiyur? Please let me know.
Old 5th December 2008, 09:54   #182
BHPian

There's a bunk on the intersection of Kamaraj Road and John's Church Road in Frazer Town. These fellows are known for con jobs. I was a victim myself when I was much younger (1998). Even my dad was treated the same way sometime back. Avoid at all costs.
I fill my Getz CRDi at the only station in Kasturi Nagar. This is a BP Station operated by one of the Kargil Martyrs' wife. I ensure to fill there no matter what. Its operated by girls and they are honest to the core. My vehicle is smooth as ever.
Also, my way of giving back to someone who's husband has died for the country.
Old 11th December 2008, 19:20   #183
BHPian

Bangalore

BP- Next to Leela Palace-Airport Road.
Old 18th December 2008, 19:09   #184
BHPian

Whitefield - HP - Mats Fuel park, Next to Cosmos Mall.
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:50   #185
BHPian

Best fuel quality pumps in South Mumbai?

Hi, Was just wondering, which do you guys think is the best fuel pump in South Mumbai?

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd December 2008 at 14:27. Reason: Search please
Old 28th December 2008, 00:08   #186
BHPian

I have experienced good quality petrol and service from AutoCare Centre - COCO VIII (owned and operated by HPCL) on Mumbai-Pune Highway at Sajgaon. Currently the rate is cheaper here (Rs. 48.10/-) than Mumbai, Navi Mumbai or Pune. The guys at the gas station are decent and prompt. Last week I had done a tank full to tank full in my 2003 Zen LX from this station and got 17.6 kmpl in 50% highway and 50% city drive with 60% time AC was on. Every week I travel to Pune and I prefer to fill from this station only.
Old 28th December 2008, 13:01   #187
BHPian

South Mumbai Petrol Pumps

As per my limited knowledge and the only preferred places are as follows :-
Order is as per my preference, not due to anything else but as per my experience of filling fuel since past so many years ( 20 +) :-

1)Petrol Pump at Breach Candy , Indian Oil ( Famous landmark if unknown Akbarallys convenio store is at this pump) , i am not referring to the other pump opposite it. - ( I usually use this pump even if its out of the way

2) Petrol Pump at Napean Road ;Approach road from breach candy to priyadarshani park - Landmark - Baskin Robbins ice cream outlet

3) Petrol Pump at Churchgate exactly opposite Satyam Collection

4) Chaggan Mitha At peddar road

5)Petrol pump at corner of hughes road - ; Landmark opposite Unique Singapore tourism board/RTI ( some people / loyalists would know what i mean immediately).

This are all that i can recommend
Old 8th January 2009, 11:10   #188
BHPian

Godrej Fuels on LBS Vikhroli

The Fuel pump operated by Godrej on LBS marg Vikhroli is also a good one. The quantity of fuel they fill is better than others in central suburb (Vikhroli, Bhandup, Mulund).

Also if some body is in navi mumbai they can try the Shell Fuel pump on Thane-Panvel Highway, near airoli.

Shell is bit costlier but they say the petrol is 94 octane better than Speed (93 octane).
Old 22nd January 2009, 14:30   #189
BHPian

Any other place in Velacherry/Adayar?

Chennai guys! Please help me. I had filled up at the IOC bunk in LB Road (once) and the IOC bunk near Guru Nanak (twice) owned by Parveen Travels and the diesel quality has not been great! Any other reliable places? Please let me know.

Last edited by DWind : 22nd January 2009 at 14:32.
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:17   #190
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
Hi, Was just wondering, which do you guys think is the best fuel pump in South Mumbai?
I'd give the thumbs up to the one on Peddar Road & managed by a competent Parsi gentleman. Approaching Peddar Road from Babulnath, take a left. On the LHS just after the signal.
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:27   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Chennai guys! Please help me. I had filled up at the IOC bunk in LB Road (once) and the IOC bunk near Guru Nanak (twice) owned by Parveen Travels and the diesel quality has not been great! Any other reliable places? Please let me know.

Hi Dwind,

The HP bunk on Velachery By-Pass Road is a good place to fill up.Also,since you were asking about Adyar/Thiruvanmiyur,you can also fill up @ IOC on ECR near Neelangarai.This once comes up on the left hand side when you are driving towards Chennai from Pondicherry Side.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:37   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
The Fuel pump operated by Godrej on LBS marg Vikhroli is also a good one. The quantity of fuel they fill is better than others in central suburb (Vikhroli, Bhandup, Mulund).

Also if some body is in navi mumbai they can try the Shell Fuel pump on Thane-Panvel Highway, near airoli.

Shell is bit costlier but they say the petrol is 94 octane better than Speed (93 octane).
Both Shell and Speed are 91 octane. Speed 93 is no longer available.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Hi Dwind,

The HP bunk on Velachery By-Pass Road is a good place to fill up.Also,since you were asking about Adyar/Thiruvanmiyur,you can also fill up @ IOC on ECR near Neelangarai.This once comes up on the left hand side when you are driving towards Chennai from Pondicherry Side.
Check the BP outlet near Malar Hospitals. Just before Adyar bridge. Pretty decent place.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:37   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post

Don't use the bunk near Guru Nanak.try the one next to spic building
Old 28th January 2009, 15:53   #195
BHPian

Good Pumps in Mumbai

From my personal experience I'd recommend the following :

Lotus Petrol Pump Andheri(West) and the Indian Oil pump opposite that as well - been filling up for years without complaints.I think both are 24 hour pumps.

Pump opp Shoppers Stop at Linking Road Bandra west - never had any complaints,used that one extensively too.

The two petrol pumps opp Siddhivinayak temple are good as well from my limited interactions with them.

OT - The pump opp McDonalds at Linking Road Bandra west(where the KFC is now) was also very good,pity it shut down.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 28th January 2009 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks