Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:24   #241
BHPian

Shell in Chennai

I filled up at the shell bunk at pallikaranai. The fuel quality is amazing. My verna crdi's distance to empty meter has only been increasing and the fuel tank needle doesnt seem to be decreasing. Its almost as if my car is running on air and not consuming diesel.
A quick question - is the shell at arcot road equally reliable, or are there any discrepancies between the diesel/service provided at shell pallikaranai and shell at arcot road? I would like to know because arcot road is closer to where i stay, and I only tanked up at the other outlet cause I happened to be there that day. Any chennai lads have an idea about this?
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:27   #242
BANNED

How do you identify Company Owned Company Operated bunks?
Old 7th April 2009, 01:06   #243
BANNED

I mostly fill from HP Pump Opp. Hyatt.Sometimes from BP shanti path.
Old 7th April 2009, 02:32   #244
BHPian

Here are a few 24 hr ones in SOBO
BP @ Marine Drive
HP @ Sewri East
HP @ Chowpatty-Peddar Road Turn
HP @ Breach Candy...
Old 17th April 2009, 11:07   #245
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
How do you identify Company Owned Company Operated bunks?
First get inside the station without going near the pump & just have a look all around esp. near the building/office of the fuel station. If you don't see any private nameboards, then it's a Company Owned Company Operated bunks !
Old 17th April 2009, 11:11   #246
BANNED

Anyone knows the best pumps in Ernakulam district ?
Old 28th April 2009, 16:56   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva View Post
One of the major problems we face today is the really bad fuel that lots of pumps sell. Often it hampers the performance of the car or even leads to permanent damage. I think it would be helpful if we all get together and create a database of "Good" and "Bad" places to fill up. For example:

Good: The Indian Oil pump opposite Tulip (formerly Juhu Centaur). We've been filling up here for years with no problems.

Bad: Vikram Petrol Pump (Bharat Petroleum) on Juhu-Versova link road. Their diesel screwed up my brother-in-law's Palio, and their petrol was so impure, we had to get the carburettor on our Gypsy King cleaned out. At the time, we had an account with the pump and were exclusively filling up there, so it had to be their fuel that caused the problems.

Mods, hope I haven't put this in the wrong section.

You are right .... Vikram Petrol Pump on the Versova link road does sell bad quality fuel. I filled 1000 bucks of fuel last saturday to drive to Kelwa and I broke down on the Godbunder road. Luckily there was another WagonR driving with me who helped me tow to the nearest pump where the mechanic cleaned the fuel lines and the carburettor. I threw away about the remaining petrol in the tank and filled a fresh load.

The Auto Works India fuel pump opp. Tulip Star sells the best fuel and their service too is very good. I have filling from them since the past 15 years and never had a problem. In fact my cars give better mileage when I fill from there.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:55   #248
BHPian

I stay in Noida and want to know which is a good company owned fuel station near Noida but in Delhi as Delhi prices are cheaper then Noida by Rs 2 per litre.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:28   #249
BHPian

I just started to notice that My card statements show about Rs50 higher than what I signed for in the petrol pumps. This is consistent across different pumps and I'm curious to know if its the % thats charged for filling fuel on Credit cards. If thats the case I would rather start paying cash.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:52   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
I just started to notice that My card statements show about Rs50 higher than what I signed for in the petrol pumps. This is consistent across different pumps and I'm curious to know if its the % thats charged for filling fuel on Credit cards. If thats the case I would rather start paying cash.
It happens with me also at shell on my HSBC card. One call or email, they revert me back in my next statement. Check this option
Old 8th May 2009, 18:27   #251
BHPian

A true story at one of the Petrol Pump in Noida this morning and this happed to one of my colleague.
HE was getting his bike filled and there was a Honda Civic beside him. The owner told the pump guy to fill the tank for 2000. The Pump guy started filling and when the meter showed 2000/- he asked the Honda owner for Money. The honda Owner got skeptic noticing the Car Fuel meter not showing the reading collaborating to 2000 worth Petrol. He Jumped out of the Honda and went to the Pump meter and pressed some button and suddenly the pump meter showed the reading as 1558 /- .... After two tight slaps by the Honda owner the Pump guy admitted that he filled less petrol and somehow got the meter reading to 2000..
Confused my colleague asked the honda owner about this and he told him that these pump guys know some trick that after filling petrol for some amount they can show the Pump meter reading high but when you press some button the exact reading comes again. He told that this has happened to him earlier also.

Now million dollor question is-Which button did the honda owner press to get the correct reading?
Old 8th May 2009, 18:32   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post

Now million dollor question is-Which button did the honda owner press to get the correct reading?
When your friend was there, he could have asked him directly.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:58   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
It happens with me also at shell on my HSBC card. One call or email, they revert me back in my next statement. Check this option
With SBI credit card the fuel surcharge is 0 at all petrol pumps across India.
Old 19th May 2009, 09:35   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
folks, I have a suggestion to make. when marking a pump as good / bad, why not use Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world! to do so?
and include tBHP user handle: good pump (or) bad pump?
Brilliant idea. I have already marked 2 BP COCO fuel stations on Pune-Bangalore NH4 Highway.
Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) Fuel Station / Petrol Pump COCO
and
Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) Petrol Pump - COCO
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:41   #255
BHPian

South Mumbai:
BP near the Gateway of India (behind Regal Cinema) is good.
Digital dispensation of fuel, digital air-pump.
Normal unleaded gave good mileage and good PUC check.

Most Viewed