Senior - BHPian

Best places to fill up

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
Bangalore
Shell outlets - Rajajinagar, Vittal Mallya Road, Hosur Road and Whitefield

BP - Seshadripuram, Lal Bagh West gate, Opp. Imperial Hotel

IOCL - Bowring Institute, Seshadripuram

Out of the above I'd say SHELL anyday, no chance of tampering and fuel adulteration, period......
I have heard a lot about Shell.
Could you please let me know where is the Shell outlet on Hosur road?
I'm regular at HP close to the corner at St. Jhons Hospital and fill TurboJet for my Palio; I wud not mind going to Hosur Road if I'm getting Shell.

Let me know if they have any specific quality for diesel or how they are better than HP?
thanks.
Ketan
Old 24th April 2006, 01:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Shell Outlets

Hey Guys,
there are about 6 outlets of Shell in Bangalore and I have heard that the new one is opening at Old Madras Raod soon.
Have a look at the following link for existing 6 outlets in Bangalore; I have been to the one at Vittal Malaya Road today and it feels good.
let me see if I feel any noticiable diff compared to HP Turbojet.
I'm not sure about the sulpher content or the cetane value for this diesel but they told me that this is high speed diesel.
There is one on Hosur Road as well and that is 10KMs from silk board junction.

You can have a look at the following location for all six locations.
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...ator_0504.html
Old 24th April 2006, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ketan, 10KMs from Silk board will take you to E-city . Shell outlet is hardly 2 kms from silk board junction. It is just after Bommanahalli on the left side if you are going towards e-city.
Yes, I am filling there regularly.
Old 24th April 2006, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
Hey Guys,
there are about 6 outlets of Shell in Bangalore and I have heard that the new one is opening at Old Madras Raod soon.
Have a look at the following link for existing 6 outlets in Bangalore; I have been to the one at Vittal Malaya Road today and it feels good.
let me see if I feel any noticiable diff compared to HP Turbojet.
I'm not sure about the sulpher content or the cetane value for this diesel but they told me that this is high speed diesel.

You can have a look at the following location for all six locations.
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...ator_0504.html
Hey Ketan,

I don't think they have updated their link.. I saw a shell outlet on Mysore road the other day.. quite close to where the outer ring road (the road from Banashankari) meets the mysore road.

We'll I do fill up regularly at shell (brookfields) but have also filled up once at tumkur road.. The other main reason is a belief that shell being a good brand, they keep their quality to keep up with their brand..
Old 24th April 2006, 09:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Humm,
They may not have updated the link; true.
However, I have heard a friend of mine who told me that there is one in progress at Old Madras Raod. It should be up in another few days to - a month.
I'll let you know guys if i get the updated list.
thanks.
Old 24th April 2006, 09:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
Hey Ketan, 10KMs from Silk board will take you to E-city . Shell outlet is hardly 2 kms from silk board junction. It is just after Bommanahalli on the left side if you are going towards e-city.
Yes, I am filling there regularly.

Thats cool Siva,
I'm close to silk board junction and glad too
I'll regularly be going there for fueling; i'll keep watching towards left next time I'm on Hosur road.
Thanks.
Old 24th April 2006, 13:41   #22
Team-BHP Support

Since I use only 97 octane I am limited to BPCL pumps that carry it. I se these 5 pumps.

Dayaram Santdas Bhulabhai Desai (Warden) Road.
Linking Road Bandra just North of the SV road junction
Just East of Regal Cinema
Just North Sasmira in Worli
West of Lokhandwala circle
Old 24th April 2006, 13:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
West of Lokhandwala circle
Is it the same one which is often called lotus petrol pump becoz if its shape?
Old 24th April 2006, 16:40   #24
BANNED

No not the Lotus pump. He's talking about the one next to Chandan Cinema and the BEST depot, where the original Lokhandwala Circle used to be before they demolished it.
Old 24th April 2006, 16:47   #25
bhp
BHPian

i am filling frm lotus petrol pump in andheri since quite yrs never had a problem yet....the pump in vile parle (e) is one of the best pumps in bbay .......
Old 25th April 2006, 05:20   #26
BHPian

One of the worst in Bangalore would be the BP Company Owned Pump on St. Johns Rd, the one next to Thoms Bakery somewhere between Ulsoor & Frazer Town.

The quality may be good but the attendents are cheats, big ones at that. Very good at distracting you & cheat. Have caught them numerous times. If you ever fill there, do not turn away from the meter.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
One of the major problems we face today is the really bad fuel that lots of pumps sell. Often it hampers the performance of the car or even leads to permanent damage. I think it would be helpful if we all get together and create a database of "Good" and "Bad" places to fill up.
Good: I find most Bharat Petroleum (BP) stations to be good. However, most COCO (Company owned, company operated) stations are also good, whatever the brand. Some outlets proudly announce that the outlet is COCO (like the HP one on main road, opp Luckys at Bandra (W) )

1) New Bombay Auto, Bandra (W), Linking Road: My favourite station--the BP one at Linking Road in Bandra, opposite Shopper's Stop. Awesome service too. I've heard that cars come all the way from Andheri to tank up here. 24-hours.

2) Godrej, Vikhroli: The only trusted station in the Eastern suburbs; there's another BP station at Ghatkopar and one more at Gandhi Nagar junction, but Godrej has a reputation (being owned by Godrej and all). However, it isn't a 24-station and on Sundays only works till 1 pm!!!

3) HP station in Bandra-Kurla Complex. 24-hours

4) HP COCO Station at Linking/S V Road Road junction, Bandra (W). Awful service though, very rude and unhelpful. Not sure if its 24-hours

5) BP station at Bandra-Kurla Complex. Not sure if its 24-hours

6) Taximen's Co-ops at Dadar (E) behind Chitra and Bandra (W) near station. Have heard these are good. Not sure if these are 24-hours

7) Have tried the BP outlets near Regal and near Not Just Jazz by the Bay at Churchgate a couple of times. Seem to be good, trustworthy places.

Bad: Generally, I'm wary of IndianOil outlets in Bombay. Have heard horror stories of Bhawani Automobiles in Powai. The only IndianOil outlets that I've heard good stories about are the one near Kemps Corner and the one near Sahar Airport.

BP outlet at Maheshwari Udyan (Kings Circle), Matunga: A friend has had consistent bad experiences here.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
1) New Bombay Auto, Bandra (W), Linking Road: My favourite station--the BP one at Linking Road in Bandra, opposite Shopper's Stop. Awesome service too. I've heard that cars come all the way from Andheri to tank up here. 24-hours.
Yes & would happend to be one of those guys who come all the way from andheri to tank up here.
I also Prefer the HP one at the junction. & The ioc one called Kinis Causeway at Bandra
Old 25th April 2006, 13:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
We'll I do fill up regularly at shell (brookfields)
Could you please give directions to the pump? I have recently started going towards ITPL and there's no company owned pump on my way now. Brookfields just might make my life easier.
Alternately, any other good pump between Silk Board and Marathalli Junction?
Old 25th April 2006, 14:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivor
Good: I find most Bharat Petroleum (BP) stations to be good. However, most COCO (Company owned, company operated) stations are also good, whatever the brand. Some outlets proudly announce that the outlet is COCO (like the HP one on main road, opp Luckys at Bandra (W) )

2) Godrej, Vikhroli: The only trusted station in the Eastern suburbs; there's another BP station at Ghatkopar and one more at Gandhi Nagar junction, but Godrej has a reputation (being owned by Godrej and all). However, it isn't a 24-station and on Sundays only works till 1 pm!!!

3) HP station in Bandra-Kurla Complex. 24-hours

4) HP COCO Station at Linking/S V Road Road junction, Bandra (W). Awful service though, very rude and unhelpful. Not sure if its 24-hours

5) BP station at Bandra-Kurla Complex. Not sure if its 24-hours

6) Taximen's Co-ops at Dadar (E) behind Chitra and Bandra (W) near station. Have heard these are good. Not sure if these are 24-hours

7) Have tried the BP outlets near Regal and near Not Just Jazz by the Bay at Churchgate a couple of times. Seem to be good, trustworthy places.

Bad: Generally, I'm wary of IndianOil outlets in Bombay. Have heard horror stories of Bhawani Automobiles in Powai. The only IndianOil outlets that I've heard good stories about are the one near Kemps Corner and the one near Sahar Airport.

BP outlet at Maheshwari Udyan (Kings Circle), Matunga: A friend has had consistent bad experiences here.
hi ivor care to explain the bad experience ur friend had at the matunga b.p outlet was planning to fill 97octane fuel frm there thats the only place having 97octane nearby dadar matunga sion or parel area i think so does anybody know anyother outlet having 97octane near these areas i stay in dadar t.t

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks