Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2006, 06:46   #61

I too experienced the same at times in my OHC. I don't fill up the tank in any particular station, so never thought about fuel quality. It's good I came across this thread. Can any Chennai Bhpians post good stations in Tiruvanmiyur/Adyar areas.
Old 13th November 2006, 14:31   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviceDriver
Though I stay in Gurgaon, I always make it a point to fill from a Delhi-based petrol pump. Fuel is cheaper in Delhi . Have been using the IOCL pump in NH8 just before the diversion to domestic airport while coming to Gurgaon, and found it quite trustworthy.

In Gurgaon, found the IOCL pump on MG Road (near Sadar Bazar) good enough. There are two pumps next to each other, I am referring to the one which is nearer to the Circle.
Hi
I Live in gurgaon and one of the best petrolpumps is Shay's Enroute located near signature towers on the NH-8. The owner is a widow and her son who have been threatned by local petrol pump mafia for stopping adulteration.

So try that and let us know about fuel quality?

Cheers
Mayank
Old 13th November 2006, 14:46   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanktyagi
Hi
I Live in gurgaon and one of the best petrolpumps is Shay's Enroute located near signature towers on the NH-8. The owner is a widow and her son who have been threatned by local petrol pump mafia for stopping adulteration.

So try that and let us know about fuel quality?

Cheers
Mayank
@Mayank: Which side of NH8, going towards Jaipur, left hand side or right hand side? Also, which oil company?
Old 13th November 2006, 15:01   #64
BHPian

There was a post with fuel efficiency calculation spreadsheet attachment, any one knows which thread or post it is ?

I am not sure if the question belongs here, its related to FE, so posting it here.
Old 13th November 2006, 16:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self
hey BHPians in Pune!!

which are the best places to fill up in pune? i know of BP coco at sangam bridge...any others...specially in the kothrud area??
You better stick to COCO BP at Sangam Bridge. I had been filling-in there for a long time. Never had an issue.

By the way, keep away from one nean Kothrud Gaonthan. He rather sells solvent in the name of petrol.
Old 14th November 2006, 10:19   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviceDriver
@Mayank: Which side of NH8, going towards Jaipur, left hand side or right hand side? Also, which oil company?
Its on the left side going towards Jaipur,just after the turn towards Signature Towers and South City and its Bharat petroleum.

Only problem is that they have an awfullly located air refulling station.
Old 14th November 2006, 15:44   #67
Senior - BHPian

Had a bad experience recently at BP at NewThippasandra ,BLR.. I used to regularly use their petrol but recently I noticed a severe drop in FE.. I've put 500Rs(9Ltrs +) of petrol and only after 65km in d odo the fuel gauge was showing empty.. I initially thought there may be some problem with the car itself but after feeling up at another bunk the car ran for almost 100 km before the fuel gauge was showing empty(and this is what I used to get before)..
Now this time I've filled up from Shell at Old Madras Road and hoping to get a good mileage..
Regards
Old 14th November 2006, 15:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass
There was a post with fuel efficiency calculation spreadsheet attachment, any one knows which thread or post it is ?

I am not sure if the question belongs here, its related to FE, so posting it here.
are talking about this threadhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...een-fills.html
Old 14th November 2006, 17:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bangy boys where is the shell petrol pump on the old madras road . I stay at CV raman nagar and would be great if you could guide me .
Thanks
Old 14th November 2006, 17:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
This is what I got from the Vittal Mallya Road when I filled last from there.

They gave me a the leaflet that lists all Shell outlets in Bangalore. Not sure when it was updated. It lists following outlets

Rajkumar Road
(near ISKCON)

Vittal Mallya Road
(near UB CIty)

Tumkur Road
(near WIDIA Factory)

Old Madras Road
(near KR Puram suspension bridge)

Hosur Road
(near Silk Board flyover)

Brookfields Road
(near graphite india, Opp. Maruti Service Station)

oops sorry missed this post . Thanks
Old 14th November 2006, 17:14   #71
BHPian

Pumps in BLR

On my routes (up till last week anyway), my two fave pumps have been:

Indiranagar (Old madras rd.): The IOC pump is actually very reliable in fuel quality. Not sure if it's true, but as per a review report carried out last year (I think before Shell outlets became widespread), these guys had the purest fuel, at least in this part of town.

For those of u close to north BLR, the HP Pump on Bellary Rd. (opp. the agriculture institute field) is also pretty good, at least for their regular octane. "HP Power" sucks, regardless of outlets.
Old 14th November 2006, 17:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

@ sammyboy , the Shell is near Big Bazaar Old Madras Road..
Regards
Kaushik
Old 14th November 2006, 17:38   #73
BHPian

Thx a bunch yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
Thanks

this is the one I am looking for.
Old 14th November 2006, 18:50   #74
BHPian

In R.A Puram u have Balakrishna petrol Pump (BP) near HM hospital/opp to Rain Tree which is realy good. I regulerly fillup petrol here and I haven't had any issues.

In Alwarpet u have Kamadhenu (IOC) opp to Samco Hotel.

TVS petrol pump on Woods road is one of the best. But the only problem there is that u have to stand in Que to pay money upfront and then join the other Que to fillup gas.

HP company owned petrol pump on Anna salai near the old Safire theatre.
Old 14th November 2006, 20:29   #75
BHPian

which is the best pump in goregaon east? i fill up at the club hp pump near the goregaon flyover, but as someone pointed out they cheat with the quantity, i am worried coz that one was the only pump near my house which i thgt was decent,any other suggestions??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks