Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 16:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bosch authorised workshop, Thampi garage Trivandrum

My car had recently crossed 150k kms so it was due for an oil change and a service, i chose this garage as my trusted independent garage has shut shop.

The garage has good collection of cars, especially old mercs and this made me believe that they are good at restoration. but the verdict is otherwise.

This garage reminded me of the famous Malayalam movie Aram+Aram.

Most of the guys are new and have no idea what is happening. The moment i entered their place they all swarmed onto my car, the SA was friendly and he immediately started talking of car mods, and was within minutes calling up people sourcing a high power petrol engine for my car .

Any was jokes apart, There is one guy who is knowledgeable and rest all are learners, it was fun watching 5-7 guys looking down the engine bay and reminded me of hospitals where med students will do rounds with he docs and crowd up at patient beds when Docs start explaining. this guy never cleaned my front break pads even though i was watching him, a simple oil change took them 5 hours, including a 30 minutes lunch break and a 30 minute siesta.

they put 3 lts of oil, changed one o ring below the distributor to stop a leak and sprayed a injector cleaner into the throttle body and the bill was 2500.

Mitsu *** charges me 1250 for an oil change along with break cleaning and normal service.

These guys are very obscenely priced and dont have much clue what they do, they put mineral oil in my car from a brand called wruth and called it semi synth oil. I have been living with this car for a decade now and i know how the engine behaves when i put mineral oil and when i put semi synth, I dont know why people still take cheating as a business strategy, they have the infrastructure and manpower all they need to do is create good will.

I would advise stay away from this place, not for people who love their vehicles, they gave me a rough estimate of 18k for suspension repairs, but i am going to take it to the A S S, even if it means double the cost.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 23:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bosch authorised workshop, Thampi garage Trivandrum

I concur. I've known them since the last couple of years and used to frequent there for getting random work done on my car. Some of the older workers there are skilled and experienced, personally i like the job done by the welder/fabricator and the electrician (didn't see him this time, think he left?), both do very neat jobs. The management running the garage on lease is a complete letdown. They are interested only in making money and not fixing problems. Price is often very inflated like mentioned in the above post. Be with the car if you're going to give it there for service. And if you're planning to be there with the car, don't plan anything else for that day!
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 16:56   #3
BHPian

Re: Bosch authorised workshop, Thampi garage Trivandrum

I was thinking of taking my Rapid to Thampi's after the lockdown is lifted. Need some advice on a trusted FNG. If there is any other FNG in Trivandrum for Rapid, please suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks