Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 15:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi Mumbai West - Horrible Delivery Experience

Now, this is plain ridiculous. This is definitely not what you'd like to expect from a premium German car outlet. Even a Car Showroom that caters to the A, B segment customers handles things in a much better way!

Hope you get this issue sorted out soon!
Old 15th April 2012, 15:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Make it 5, and 6: Our A6 was delivered a month late, and my friends had to switch to the 2.0 TDi instead of the TFSI due to unavailability about which he was informed much after the booking.

Both of us had pleasant sales experiences, but the delivery was botched up. In our case, the sales executive was changed - with no one bothering to tell us, I had to call the showroom to find out that the car had arrived, and registration took some time.
However, around the same time, we bought a Liva D as well from Shinrai Toyota, and that experience wasn't much better off.

The Audi guys still did what we asked them too, and except for the change in the sales person and the delay, I wasn't much bothered. All the documents were presented on time, the showroom experience during booking and TD was good.

The Toyota guys were the complete opposite - they delivered the car within a week, but what made the deal sour was the fact that they included the Rs. 10K worth accessories package in the final pricing, and I am still to get the gearknob. Also, the 3M undercoating warranty is pending as well.
I feel at the end of the day, the dealers have just stopped caring. There are very few good ones left. Even BMW at Worli/Haji Ali was very poor, with no follow up or TD. If it helps, I was very tempted to ask dad to cancel the A6 booking, and pick up a Mercedes E instead, as the whole experience there was superb - down to asking my driver who had accompanied me if he would like a glass of tea/coffee, and giving him a seat at the SE's desk! Heck, our experience with Tata, Mitsubishi, and Ford was better than Audi and Toyota!
Old 15th April 2012, 20:07   #33
BHPian

Hi all,

We took the delivery yesterday and frankly there was no excitement. I was more excited when I was taking the delivery of my Punto and even Karan was more excited when he was picking up his SX4. We went there and took the delivery of the car but we could easily tell which part of the car was changed.

We did give our feedback to the dealership and though everything that happened, driving the car did make a pleasant change for Karan and he was happy at the end after we left the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose
Hi Karan,

Congrats on the Audi purchase but feel sorry for the poor experience. Such unfortunate events do happen with all dealers across the globe, but its just that you happened to be the 1/1000th person to suffer this.

Getting annoyed wouldnt get you anywhere. Please keep your cool and do take the delivery after a PDI, making sure there are no damages.

Coming to the Vkool installation, do understand its not Audi certified engineers who install the sunfilm but some 'boys' from Vkool and they're no different from the staff at an accessory shop and bound to make mistakes.

My personal view is that the dealer was transparent enough to let you know of these issues before you reached the showroom for delivery - many would have simply hidden these and made you wait till dark and then do the delivery so that you wont notice these. Later when you find the issues, it would be left to you!

Wish you a happy car delivery in advance!

Nitin
Nitin by any chance do you work for Audi West?????? Transparency my foot, we would have never learnt about the accident if we had not stuck on coming for delivery on Friday, and when he saw there is no way out he told us about the accident. First and foremost this kind of accident should not have happened I the first place.

Second, they tried a lot to cover up which agin is false and by law end of contract as per the contact act of India.

Well nothing more to say as after all this we are still happy with the car and Karan is enjoying his car which is what keeping him away from posting.

Karan hope to see your post soon.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 15th April 2012, 20:13   #34
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Sorry for the late response, however I was completely tied up with relatives and couldn't really get the chance to write this.

I finally took the delivery of my A4 yesterday after a PDI almost exactly as androdev mentioned. We were able to spot that the left side fender was changed due to little dirt around the bonnet cover that side, however since it seemed tad small left it at that.

The delivery experience was good, there was quite a few people there with some nice flowers, a box of chocolates and a CRM to explain paper work and stuff. She also took my feedback both verbally and on the iPad through and electronic form with yes and no answers and a finally eating scale which I candidly filled!

They forgot to give us any Demo of the car which was annoying, however I'll either try to figure out stuff using the manual or as she said call her to have one arranged. Spoke to her about how this was not just another car purchase for me and an actual huge upgrade which she agreed after seeing me fill my previous car details.

The sales executive like I said was lazy and disinterested because when we called him 10 minutes later on how to map the Bluetooth he said I'll call you back which never happened, thanks to the service manager who at least sent an SMS on how to do it!

I didn't see Devang there (guess he wasn't in office or had left). They did arrange a driver to take us to the nearest road and take it from there.

I took A4 imported floor mats badged as A4 , aux/USB/ iPhone cable from them ( don't know why the latter is not standard in a luxury car like this one) paid 6800 for it and 5500 for the mats.

Filled in diesel assuming it requires power/ speed / extra premium one as no one told me about that either.

They did puja and I asked the lady to help there as my wife and kid were at home waiting for me. Didn't take them along as was not sure if I'll be getting the car or will be leaving it and demanding a fresh one.

Overall the experience yesterday was better than what is was in the last 4 months, all thanks to T-bhp this wonderful forum will all you folks around to provide unconditional support

Though I wasn't as excited as I was during my earlier car purchases but the car did bring back a smile on my face. It's an absolute beauty, drove it around for 150 km and back home. Will start an ownership thread soon for the remaining details.

Once again thank you all for all your help and do drive safe.
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2012, 20:50   #35
Team-BHP Support

Good to know you got it finally. DO NOT fill in anything besides regular/sada diesel. Not xtra premium or speed or anything. It is not good for modern diesels and you will see the car smoking extra then.
Old 15th April 2012, 21:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that, well all's well that's ends well.

Congratulations on owning one of the best sedan out there, do post some nice pictures of your ride and initial ownership review

And don't fill any premium diesel in your car, just fill normal diesel. Modern diesel engines don't really require preimium diesel, just fill in normal diesel.

Wishing you wonderful miles ahead, drive safe.

Cheers
Sameer
Old 15th April 2012, 22:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
Good to know you got it finally. DO NOT fill in anything besides regular/sada diesel. Not xtra premium or speed or anything. It is not good for modern diesels and you will see the car smoking extra then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
Good to hear that, well all's well that's ends well.

Congratulations on owning one of the best sedan out there, do post some nice pictures of your ride and initial ownership review

And don't fill any premium diesel in your car, just fill normal diesel. Modern diesel engines don't really require preimium diesel, just fill in normal diesel.

Wishing you wonderful miles ahead, drive safe.

Cheers
Sameer
Thank you Sameer and Akshay, however I thought the power diesel will be best for this car as the specs say sulphur free diesel for optimal performance?

Also Kailash you were a great help , you spent your entire Sunday for this just to ensure my delivery is and sound.
Old 16th April 2012, 00:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Hello Friends,

Sorry for the late response, however I was completely tied up with relatives and couldn't really get the chance to write this.

I finally took the delivery of my A4 yesterday...

...I wasn't as excited as I was during my earlier car purchases but the car did bring back a smile on my face. It's an absolute beauty, drove it around for 150 km and back home. Will start an ownership thread soon for the remaining details.

Once again thank you all for all your help and do drive safe.
Big congrats Karan on getting your ride. It does hold true all well that ends well. Wish you plenty of happy miles in the upcoming future. And hope to see the pictures soon. Rev hard but drive safe!! Cheers!!

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th April 2012 at 00:31. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 16th April 2012, 00:32   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

Big congrats Karan on getting your ride. It does hold true all well that ends well. Wish you plenty of happy miles in the upcoming future. And hope to see the pictures soon. Rev hard but drive safe!! Cheers!!

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen/mobile users. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Thank you so much adi and a Big thanks to you, was always expecting your posts for support and well wishes after we got to interact a bit. Do post your final decision on your BMW.

All the best cheers!
Old 16th April 2012, 00:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much adi and a Big thanks to you, was always expecting your posts for support and well wishes after we got to interact a bit. Do post your final decision on your BMW.

All the best cheers!
You're welcome Karan. Tried PMing you but couldn't as you still have few post left to complete your 25 posts. Waiting for the pics and the detailed review soon

Cheers!
Old 16th April 2012, 08:04   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Karan. I am glad it worked out well without any further headache. Enjoy the beauty - I feel it is the best family car in its segment - I was close to buying one. We expect a nice ownership thread soon with lot of pictures :-)
Old 16th April 2012, 08:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow, stories like these really make me realize how lucky i was !
Right from booking the car to the delivery it was all extremely smooth and even the ownership experience as far as reliability is concerned is absolutely flawless, touchwood!
Ofcourse my car was already available with them when we booked it so that might have made all the difference and perhaps a CBU might be slightly better in terms of reliability than locally assembled kits ? Just a hunch..
Anyway am glad you atleast have your car now. Heartiest congratulations and i hope your drives and ownership experience ,both are smooth all along.
Cheers
Old 16th April 2012, 08:36   #43
BANNED

Well congrats mate. I would have never went with that car!! Anyways doesnt matter now. Have fun around corners.
Waiting for a ownership review soon.
Old 16th April 2012, 09:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev
Congrats Karan. I am glad it worked out well without any further headache. Enjoy the beauty - I feel it is the best family car in its segment - I was close to buying one. We expect a nice ownership thread soon with lot of pictures :-)
Thank you androdev, I'm glad too and I agree it's a good family car with decent cabin space. I know about your buying decision, have read your entire thread and must say the biggest upgrade so far that I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo
Wow, stories like these really make me realize how lucky i was !
Right from booking the car to the delivery it was all extremely smooth and even the ownership experience as far as reliability is concerned is absolutely flawless, touchwood!
Ofcourse my car was already available with them when we booked it so that might have made all the difference and perhaps a CBU might be slightly better in terms of reliability than locally assembled kits ? Just a hunch..
Anyway am glad you atleast have your car now. Heartiest congratulations and i hope your drives and ownership experience ,both are smooth all along.
Cheers
Thanks pal, I guess you're right a CBU might just be little better, thought haven't seen them in a good condition in the customs dockyard. Ownership review on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline
Well congrats mate. I would have never went with that car!! Anyways doesnt matter now. Have fun around corners.
Waiting for a ownership review soon.
Thank you Taran, I would have done something different had I got to see a bigger mess, however didn't want to waste anymore time on this after having spent 4 months already for the wait. Trust me the car is pretty cool, though the sales guy was not!

He had taken my document for registration, one of which he is yet too return. Hope he hasn't misplaced it.

Thanks again everyone, pictured and review on its way. Drive safe
Old 16th April 2012, 11:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Sorry for the late response, however I was completely tied up with relatives and couldn't really get the chance to write this...

...Once again thank you all for all your help and do drive safe.
Dear Karan,

I am sorry I couldn't be part of the delivery process as i was out of office.

I am glad to see that your experience got little better at the end and you are enjoying your car.

Again i apologize for everything on behalf of Audi Mumbai West.

I thank Akshay to bring this issue to my notice and would like to thank Team-Bhp to offer us a good platform to discuss all our views.

Karan I have sent a PM with my cell number. if you need any help feel free to contact me directly.

Other than that you can anytime drop in to my showroom if you are passing by and we can have a quick BHP meet and a cup of coffee

Cheers
Devang

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Please avoid quoting entire posts as it may inconvenience small-screen and mobile users. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th April 2012 at 12:08. Reason: See note in post :)
pdev29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks