Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin

I own an Etios Diesel and my mother own an Etios Liva now. We no longer own a Maruti car.

But, when me and my family used to own an Esteem and Zen, the best service experience from Maruti always came from the Maruti Service Masters ( the only service masters workshop in Kerala ) - Autoteam

There were several good experiences with them. Listing out a few of my good experiences.

1) Engine Grooving (My Grooved Esteem FE is 14.5 Kmpl)
2) Our zen had an issue with the distributor. Every other service center including Popular, Indus, and Sarathy recommended a distributor replacement which would have costed me Rs. 10k plus. Autoteam director Rajan Sir told me that it can be corrected, but I need to give him time because it would involve trial and error. Within one week, the problem was resolved. Cost - Rs. 1200 odd/-. Works perfect even after 1.5 years after the fix.
3) There was an issue with the power window motor on my Esteem. Every other dealer suggested power window replacement which would have costed me 10k +. Again, Autoteam gave me a work around solution where an additional relay was fitted which helped the power window motor draw more power. Works perfect even after 2 years
4) He also configured a custom "Cool air intake" for my Esteem. Did not charge me anything extra for that because of the long term relation, I have with Autoteam.
5) Then, the countless discussions I have with Rajan Sir of autoteam with regards to cars.

In short, Autoteam believes in fixing the root cause rather than going for the easy fix - ie, to replace, replace and replace.

They have the expertise, passion and the patience to fix complicated issues. But, they are a bit slow as well. If you are ok with the slowness and more interested in getting the problem resolved, Autoteam is the place to go for.

Sharing a very special moment, I had with them during one of my visits. ( This happened in may 2010 )

PS: All comments were actually written on May 2010 on my personal photo album.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9064.jpg
May 18th 2009 is when I bought Esteem from an X-Poornamite - Murali ( Popularly known as Murumol ) 1 year and 15,000 kms later, I'm pretty satisfied with this highway cruiser. Undoubtedly, a 'driver's car' I would also like to thank Maruti Suzuki, Autoteam ( http://autoteam.in ), teambhp ( http://team-bhp.com ), and the previous owners for making it a hassle free vehicle

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9065.jpg
I decided to celebrate his birthday in Maruti Service Masters - Autoteam's Cochin Workshop. If I'm able to drive hassle free even after 92,000 kms, it's because of the hardwork of each and every employee working here.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9066.jpg
Just wanted to thank Autoteam for their fantastic service. No wonder why you are the only Maruti Service Masters workshop in Kerala. You people are truly fantastic. I had a long talk with one of their directors - Rajan Sir and he explained to me the kind of tweaks he did on his OHC ( Old Honda City ). Every minute of the discussion was so valuable since, he is genuinely passionate about what he does. It's like talking to Amar ( One of the directors of Poornam ) on Operating Systems. If I ever buy another vehicle, the odds are highly in favour of Maruti. One of the main reasons is the service I receive from Service Masters like Autoteam.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9067.jpg
Now, this was a surprise. I just gave a pack of Jilebis for their employees. But the director - Rajan Sir and Customer Relations Manager - B S Nair Sir, wanted all the employees to pause their work for 5 minutes and celebrate it. I thought I was in Poornam ( my company ) for a moment.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9068.jpg
Full team assembled. Now time for celebration.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9069.jpg
B S Nair Sir talked about what customers mean to them, and it's because of the hardwork of each and every employee that a customer thought about celebrating a car's birthday in a service center. Very true!

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9072.jpg
Then came one more surprise. B S Nair Sir asked me to talk a few words. I was caught unawares!

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9073.jpg
But, then decided to talk, since I had no other option in front of me.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9074.jpg
Decided to use the occasion to explain an experience I had with Autoteam. It was regarding an engine grooving work ( performance mod ) done by Autoteam Cochin. I explained to them how Saneesh ( the mechanic ) who was fitting the engine back, was more happier than me, when the engine started on the very first try after the modification. That kind of happiness comes only out of utmost sincerity for the job they do. More details about this work is posted @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/13470-my-grooved-esteem-fe-14-5-kmpl-13.html#post1508667 I also told them that I have prior experience in Popular, Indus, Sarathy, and a service center in Bypass Road, and that I never got such a personalized care I get from Autoteam. The biggest difference I see in Autoteam is that they enjoy what they do.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9075.jpg
Then they thanked me for the gesture of deciding to celebrate the car's birthday in their service center. But, I should say that, this is something which I learned from Poornam. Each other's achievement brings in happiness in the face of his/her co-worker. Even our clients relish celebrating with us.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9076.jpg
Lijesh explaining about another story, when I consulted Autoteam, when I was in Trivandrum where I was being misguided by another service center. I decided not to repair the car, and then took it to autoteam who fixed the problem for me using a much more efficient methodology.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9077.jpg
Team - Autoteam

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9078.jpg
Jilebi distribution about to start.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9080.jpg
Started with the mechanics. They are the heart of Autoteam

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9081.jpg
Unfortunately Saneesh wasn't around. He was on leave. But, I'm sure all these people have worked sincerely for Autoteam. Otherwise, they wouldn't have got this kind of customer loyalty. An X-Poornamite Harish used to bring his Zen from Aleppey just for Servicing at Autoteam, Cochin. It's Harish who introduced me to Autoteam.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9082.jpg
Employees enjoying the Jilebi.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9083.jpg
I felt so happy that I was given the opportunity to distribute the Jilebis to all of their staff.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9084.jpg
Jilebi continues...

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9085.jpg
The person taking Jilebi is Jithin, The Customer Relations Engineer. He was my first point of contact in Autoteam. Whenever I get into Autoteam, even if he is not assigned my car's responsibility, he makes sure that he enquires about the condition of the car.

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9086.jpg
The Autoteam billing/customer relations team. They are always helpful and courteous. They always invite me to go and relax in the lounge. But, normally I prefer standing by the side of the car, when a work is done on it ( Techie Mind! ).

My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin-img_9087.jpg
Ok, back at V C Valley ( my flat ). birthday boy resting now.

Even after we sold off our Maruti vehicles, we still have a very good relation with Autoteam and its director - Rajan Sir. Just wanted to share a very recent incident as well.

I went to pick my friend from Autoteam, Cochin since he was giving his Esteem ( my old car ) for service. The service center people saw me and talked to me and then saw a small scratch on the rear bumper of my Etios. On seeing that, they asked me how it happened and then took the car to their paint shop and did a touch-up with brush. I never asked for anything. But, the gesture was so amazing for me. And they did not charge me as well. Even though, I enjoy the service at Toyota, I do miss the personal care I get at Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin which I consider as the best Maruti Service center in Kerala.

Thank you, Autoteam. You are simply the best as far as customer empathy, technical skill level and customer care is concerned.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd April 2012 at 12:15. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post
amalji is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin

Great Amalji ; you've won friends for life through this small gesture.How many people would do it these days?

Maruti - you have an occasion to celebrate

I had an Esteem of 1995 vintage and she was,is and will remain my most favoured car.

Your B'Day boy looks nice in gold ; and the rims look good too.

I'm yearning to have one of the carb Esteems but sadly can't get one now.

Last edited by vigsom : 22nd April 2012 at 10:19. Reason: addition.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: My old Esteem's birthday celebration @ Autoteam Maruti Service Masters, Cochin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
nice of you to celebrate with your team of nurses ; this is a rarity these days with most dealerships/service centers infested with conmen.
True, it is something that's unique with Autoteam. They have grown to this level after starting as a very small service center. It seems, they have retained some of the qualities of a small service center like the personalized care even after growing so big.

Quote:
why can't I view the attachments?
Corrected it. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by amalji : 22nd April 2012 at 10:21.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:10   #4
BHPian

Great story, I wish there were more service centers like that. Just a quick question, how was parts availability for the Zen and the esteem? We own a 2004 zen as a 2nd car bought used from a family friend in 2011, and would love to keep it for atleast 5 years but am worried about parts availability.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Great Amalji ; you've won friends for life through this small gesture.How many people would do it these days?
Thank you, @vigsom

Quote:
I had an Esteem of 1995 vintage and she was,is and will remain my most favoured car.
The Esteem is a special car and is always close to the heart. A gem to drive on the highways.

Quote:
Your B'Day boy looks nice in gold ; and the rims look good too.
Yeah, the rims are Aura alloys. A pity that they are no longer available now.

Quote:
I'm yearning to have one of the carb Esteems but sadly can't get one now.
When I was searching for the MPFi Esteem, I saw a carb Esteem in very good condition ( 2 years back ). Even the polythene covers on the seats and doors were not removed even though the car as such was around 8 years old! The only reason why I didn't purchase it was because it was not equipped with a power steering. Will let you know, if the car is still available for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Great story, I wish there were more service centers like that. Just a quick question, how was parts availability for the Zen and the esteem? We own a 2004 zen as a 2nd car bought used from a family friend in 2011, and would love to keep it for atleast 5 years but am worried about parts availability.
Never faced an issue with the parts for both these cars. That's one advantage that you have with the Marutis. It should be easily available. But, I'm not sure what the case might be after 3 years or so though.
Old 7th September 2012, 23:04   #6
BHPian

I have a Maruti Esteem that I got as a college-going present from mom and dad about 8 years ago, and it still is my daily ride (and I'm on my 3rd college degree right now). I am reluctant to replace it, though I did briefly consider a Fiat Linea before I heard about their service center woes. The list of out-of-stock parts for the Esteem has been growing with each of my visits to the Varun Motors service center at Begumpet.
Old 21st September 2012, 05:40   #7
BHPian

Hi Amal, don't know how I missed this thread but Autoteam is also my favorite place. My 5-speed 800 is serviced there regularly. When I wanted to fix tacho in my car, they were more than happy to do it. Unfortunately the Service Engineer who used to take care of my car is no longer there. I'm also out of country for some time but whenever service is due my dad calls them and they pick and drop our car after work.

I've started going to them since 2010 and they are one of the best people I have met.

Thanks for opening this thread.

Regards,
Jose
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 19:06   #8
BHPian

I am also a big fan of Autoteam. Amalji introduced me to them and ever since till I sold my Swift, I used to go there only. My experience has not been as smooth as Amal's but if I rate my experiences with the others, Autoteam has so far been the best in the way they do things for you
Old 17th June 2015, 00:42   #9
BHPian

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but i can't simply hide my satisfaction servicing my car from Auto Team.
My 2009 Ritz VDi was due for the 80k kms service and I was fed up of other MASS in Calicut, mainly Indus Motors and Popular Motors. Since the car was out of warranty, I was contemplating of taking the car to FNG for service.
The car faced a minor accident a few months back and here ere some suspension noises which came after the accident.
Asked my friend and D-Bhpian JayD where to take the car, he suggested Auto Team. He even takes his 30 year old SS80 there, for service. I came across this thread then and PM'ed Amalji to get contact details.
I drove the car down to Cochin and discussed in detail about the works to be done on the car. Also, there was some issue with wiper motor in which intermittent was not working - which was repaired and now working fine. I'm sure, I'd have to replace it if I went elsewhere. The work done on the car is top notch and I would easily recommend this MASS to anybody.
Also, they made me feel good and gave me a compliment for driving down from Calicut and servicing from them.
I thank JayD and Amalji for recommending Auto Team to me. Also thank directors of Auto Team, Mr. Rajan and Mr. Vinayan for the professional and courteous attiutude to the customers.

Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 23:05   #10
BHPian

Bumping up this thread once again.

Our 2009 Ritz K Series used to be serviced at Popular Vehicles Vytilla until the service centre shut shop late last year. The odo currently reads a little over 43000 kms. Did the 40000 kms in May at Auto team. Was really satisfied with the work done and the place. No inflating service bills, unnecessary jobs and the works. Will replace a part only if needed and upon informing via phone. Overall a much better experience compared to Popular Vehicles. The 40 K bill came to 7.7k with fully synthetic Mobil 1 which I think is extremely reasonable. Instead of replacing the whole condenser unit which had a faulty oil seal leading to pathetic AC performance, they were kind enough to source another seal from a totalled Swift. They could easily added close to 6k to the bill by replacing the entire unit. Had been to North KA on a 1500 km road trip with family last week and encountered some really pathetic roads at many places. Went there again today for replacement of rear wheel bearing and couple of other parts. Again a good experience. Car feels really tight now. Will be going there for all services from now on. Hopefully my experiences remain the same in the future as well.
Cheers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks