Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 13:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

I do hope my HR Manager does what most of you have suggested. Take the losses and move on.

The car is still with the cops. Advaith are taking it easy giving out excuses that some court letter to release the car has not yet arrived. God knows what is happening. I am sure the cops are expecting something from Advaith in return for the car and they can afford to play with Advaith as they know Advaith can pay.
Old 26th April 2012, 13:25   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Advaith Hyundai loses my Hyundai i10! Cops find it, car lying at Police Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The car is still with the cops. Advaith are taking it easy giving out excuses that some court letter to release the car has not yet arrived. God knows what is happening. I am sure the cops are expecting something from Advaith in return for the car and they can afford to play with Advaith as they know Advaith can pay.
Absolutely! The cops will want some; the clerk in court who gets you the hearing will want some.. it's a long list.

I sincerely hope your colleague brings Advaith and Hyundai down over this. Hyundai too because they have entrusted Advaith with their customers. At least that way, Hyundai will pressurize Advaith into speeding up matters and resolving it to his satisfaction.

So,
don't give your car to valet -> he'll make duplicate keys
don't give your car keys to car washer -> he'll make duplicate keys
now
don't even give your car to A.S.S.!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 16:08   #48
BHPian

Hi ,

Its so sad . This is a showcase of our deteriorating society. How much worse can this get ? sad man. Many people say that today its a consumers market , may be , but that's limited only till the purchase is done. Once its done ,then you are at their mercy and they are mostly ruthless.

Thanks for sharing , I am sure this forum will has great members somebody will suggest you a "bulls eye" solution.

I fully understand that it's not their direct fault but finally as it happened when your car was in their custody I also feel that they should take a lenient approach and help the owner.

Regards
Amol

Quote:
Gentlemen

Posting on behalf and with permission from my HR Manager. His car went missing and this is the story of what has happened so far.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:17   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don;t see what Advaith has to do with anything. The car is your manager's, it was stolen and now has been recovered, and should rightfully be returned to him. Or is Advaith claiming that since it was stolen from their premises it should be released to them instead? I don't see why your friend is not engaging a lawyer to get his possession back at the earliest. I get the feeling the people involved are going to take full advantage ofhis frail emotional state and extort him for what its worth!

@sandeepmohan- sorry to say this again- but someone needs to talk some hard sense into your friend. I don't see why it can't be you.
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 16:32   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I don;t see what Advaith has to do with anything. The car is your manager's, it was stolen and now has been recovered, and should rightfully be returned to him. Or is Advaith claiming that since it was stolen from their premises it should be released to them instead? I don't see why your friend is not engaging a lawyer to get his possession back at the earliest. I get the feeling the people involved are going to take full advantage ofhis frail emotional state and extort him for what its worth!

@sandeepmohan- sorry to say this again- but someone needs to talk some hard sense into your friend. I don't see why it can't be you.
It ain't so simple! I say this because I've seen my friend struggle to get his laptop back. As I mentioned before, he was SO fed up of the whole procedure, he actually gave up trying.

Since Advaith has lodged the case, it would be them taking possession of the car. To be honest, it's best they have lodged the case - they have the resources and contacts to get the job done. Had it been the owner, he'd be frustrated running around.

Getting your possession back involves an astonishing amount of palm greasing - the cop taking the complaint, the cop who has the key to the locker where the item is kept, the court clerk who gets you the hearing, the cop who'll give you the possession. And it is deeply frustrating.

Unless the owner has contacts, there's not much he can do apart from watch these clowns tear apart every bit of what is right in this world.
Old 26th April 2012, 17:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Getting your possession back involves an astonishing amount of palm greasing - the cop taking the complaint, the cop who has the key to the locker where the item is kept, the court clerk who gets you the hearing, the cop who'll give you the possession. And it is deeply frustrating.
Reminds me of an incident when a bike (HH Karizma) belonging to one of my colleague's friend was taken to the police station for an accident case and the bike was with them for 2 weeks. The bike was in police custody for this entire period of 2 weeks and when this fellow got it back after some greasing i.e. after all the legal formalities he found that the entire front electronic unit (including the digital odo, head lamps ) were missing to which they had no answer. Probably the palm greasing wasn't enough.

As mentioned , service center guys taking back the custody of the car would give the owner an upper hand during the negotiation in case some of the equipments goes missing from the car.

SD
Old 26th April 2012, 19:43   #52
BHPian

In the hindsight, whatever has happened to HR Manager is not bad at all. I am sure he would have regretted buying a petrol at some point during his one year ownership. Besides, i10 is not a great car unless his wife is driving it. Negotiate for a better price and book a diesel hatch or the likes of brio if diesel doesnt make sense to him.

Things to remember :
  • An opportunity ( i would call it a luxury ) to own a different car which is better than i10 and a brand new. you dont get this without losing some money
  • 4lac should be enough for a an year old swift petrol in the used market.A superior car in my view
  • owning a diesel. Fuel rise around the corner
  • Peace of mind
Old 26th April 2012, 20:56   #53

Please report this incident to newspapers. People should know this and boycott this
service center. IMO, take the money and buy a diesel hatch.
Old 27th April 2012, 07:35   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
In the hindsight, whatever has happened to HR Manager is not bad at all. I am sure he would have regretted buying a petrol at some point during his one year ownership. Besides, i10 is not a great car unless his wife is driving it. Negotiate for a better price and book a diesel hatch or the likes of brio if diesel doesnt make sense to him.
Sorry, but this does not make any sense. Does this imply that any person who owns a petrol car (or rather an i10) should wish his/her car to get stolen, so that they can get a compensation to go for a brand new diesel? I am sure there are people in this forum (and outside) who would still go for a petrol car amidst the diesel popularity.
Old 27th April 2012, 08:21   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
I am sure he would have regretted buying a petrol at some point during his one year ownership. Besides, i10 is not a great car unless his wife is driving it.
This is one of the silliest arguments I have seen in recent time. The i10 happens to be top selling premium petrol hatch for a long time now. Not everybody wants a diesel. My i10 has less than 500kms usage every month, why would I bother with a diesel? My Grand Vitara sees about 1000kms every month, why would I bother with a diesel?

Last edited by Samurai : 27th April 2012 at 08:23.
Samurai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 15:36   #56

Wow man, this is a nightmare and it can happen to anyone. I would recommend going the media way and I'm sure they love incidents like these. This will be a pain for both your HR Manager and Advaith/Hyundai, but needs to be done. We need to get the message out that this can happen. Once this is in the news it MAY act as a deterrent for other crooks.

One of the options is to lodge a compliant with the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission. Check your State Commission or District Forum. Strike the iron when it is hot! Make a fuss when you can otherwise take the money and keep your mouth in silence forever.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:45   #57
pkb

+1. Hit where it hurts the most, 'Credibility'. Legal course would drain your colleague financially and mentally. on the other hand these corporations would have a process in place to deal with legal matters. So spread the word, Internet (twitter, facebook, forums like this one) newspaper etc should be your best bet. Also, the dealership is acting tough to protect their behinds. I am sure they are answerable and are scared below the skin. hope this helps.

Note From Team-BHP Support-Team: Profanity, whether used directly or indirectly, is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We advise you to go through the Announcements Section before proceeding. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th April 2012 at 22:42. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 27th April 2012, 16:39   #58
BHPian

this seems more like a case that the dealership is trying to create a second hand dealership and would like to buy good cars for less and sell them at a premium. Koreans are notorious and so are their dealerships and products. Even for that reason they would be creating problems where there would be no problem. A car without any issue or a very small issue would be going into their dealership and then the dealer manager or the SA would hatch a plot to aggravate or create a problem therby forcing the Customer to sell it off at a lower price and then solve/rectify the problems and then sell itt at a premium. It is a well known fact that Second hand car market is more profitable than a Brand new new market. Will not be surprised if the banks financing executives would be involved into this whole episode.
Old 28th April 2012, 00:20   #59
BHPian

The best option is already offered to you by the car dealer i.e. they are giving you 4lac.

Taking on a dealer for 100% replacement = Involve a lawyer + Time loss + Mental harrasment until the issue is resolved + No gurrantee of 100 % replacement as the car is already used for almost a year + how long this battle would go not sure + How much money you would have to shell out with the lawyers until the battle is pursued.

Although filing a law suite in consumer court would dent the pocket by atleast 23000/-(I heard this from a friend. Not sure though).

And any additional expenses so you would be spending nothing less then around atleast 50000/- in taking on this battle.

So the best deal is to involve a lawyer only upto a point of getting the 4lac offered to you by the dealer.

Take it from them in writing that they would be responsible if this car comes on record for any misdeads done by the people with whom the car was during the period the car being left at the service center.

Just consider how much one has to spend if a car has to be bought as a rental for almost a year. Considering that 4lac is a good offer. Although trying to extract more should be done by telling him that you wish to settle this out of court but you expect a bit more money. This will be an indication that you are a good customer, even though they are at fault you are agreeing to settle this with the money offer and it would also mean if they dont budge you are ready for a court fight.

Some hints in this negotiation - Tell them your dealership reputation will go down if you go to media with this story. I bet you they would settle your case by offering some more money since Hyundai reputation also comes at stake and not just the dealership.

The dealer even though however rich or powerful, the courts would do justice to you if all the facts are in your favour but as I told the above ++++++ = Lots of pain.

So go for the money offered would save your HR managers time and would concentrate in his profession.

Paisa Kama lenge yaar, par zaaya kiya hua vaakt aur jala hua khoon nahi vapas laa sakte. Ye India hai mere bhai.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by tush : 28th April 2012 at 00:35.
Old 29th April 2012, 10:14   #60
BHPian

I gave my car yesterday to the service centre and signed on the receipt. If you read the T&Cs, you are responsible for everything and anything even if it happens at the dealership. So I don't think that going legal is an option worth going for given that Advaith is willing to settle. the offer price should be close to the market price of same variant with similar aging and odo reading.
I agree as adviced by an Ex cop in this forum to not to keep the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks