Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 10:48   #16
BHPian

have gone to Manipal and Prerana Motors...among to Prerana is far far better than Manipal....
Old 26th April 2007, 11:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

Prerna has two workshots, one in the city near Koramangla, and that plain sucks. sucks very very badly.
The second one is at Old Madras road. That is okay for regular service. But if you have some problem with your vehicle, the only place in Bangalore which will be able to diagnose it with reasonable success is concorde. Those guys are professionals.

As for Manipal motors, they are near Manipal hospital, off Airport road. Do you have an life long enemy. A guy whom you want to cause untold misery to? Take him to manipal motors.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:40   #18
BHPian

Thanks!!
Concorde seems the best of the lot while Prerana seems ok for normal service. So, I am will probably still go to Prerana (It is a km from my work location) and will post feedback next week.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:44   #19
Team-BHP Support

Do you work in Bagmane tech park? Most Tata guys from there go to Prerna on the Old Madras road due to close proximity
Old 26th April 2007, 11:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Do you work in Bagmane tech park? Most Tata guys from there go to Prerna on the Old Madras road due to close proximity
Yes, i do work at Bagmane tech park. Yeah - it is so close and I stay in Rajajinagar, which is again real far from Concorde. Thats why i am thinking about Prerana.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Thanks!!
Concorde seems the best of the lot while Prerana seems ok for normal service. So, I am will probably still go to Prerana (It is a km from my work location) and will post feedback next week.
Plz do post ur feedback.I had gone to Manipal for my first service and EMM for the second...Both were bad...EMM will never solve a problem...
Old 26th April 2007, 12:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Yes, i do work at Bagmane tech park. Yeah - it is so close and I stay in Rajajinagar, which is again real far from Concorde. Thats why i am thinking about Prerana.
The service advisor at Prerna will try to sell you "Engine flushing, Decarbonising etc., etc.," give a straight no as an answer. Also make sure you make a list of your toolkit etc., They like hiding the toolkits under rear seats, so you have to pick up the rear seat and then take it. Not an obvious place where one would search in case of a puncture. Also tell them not to clean the dashboard with diesel. Make it very clear to the guy unless you want to smell diesel for next few days.
Old 26th April 2007, 13:05   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The would also charge you for polishing - I found this was not necessary. I am now making it a point that they just do the wash, and that they do not clean the dash board / steering wheel. The entire body was sticky and picking up dust after I got my vehicle back from service at Prerana.

As been said before, specifiy things like 5 wheel rotation - if you use all 5 wheels. Check engine oil before you take it out of the place. You can do the Bardahl engine treatment yourself. If you do it yourself, specifically ask them to add lesser oil [than maximum, so that you have space left to add the Bardahl].
Old 30th April 2007, 15:17   #24
BHPian

Reminds me of a incident a few years back. Went to a renouned restaurant and ordered for a "LARGE" Chicken, while what was served was miniature one. On confronting the manager, he replied that the one served was definitely a LARGE one, which I had ordered. The others being "Extra LARGE" and "SUPER LARGE"

Well, the same goes with Tata Dealers too. They can only be "BAD", "WORSE" and "WORST" .

So long....
Old 30th April 2007, 19:00   #25
BHPian

Feedback after service

Got the car today after 5k service. There was nothing wrong before I gave for service, so i did not find any difference in the car after the service. May be a little smoother - not sure if it is physchological.

Prerana was ok. I cant judge them right now as good or bad as there were no problems as such. But treatment wise, it was definitely good. There was a small problem with the window - the glass when raised sometimes was not fitting into the door frame perfectly. That is resolved now. Got a LHS mirror attached too as Turbo DLS does not come with 2 mirrors.

May be i should really post all of this in long term ownership reports.
Old 30th April 2007, 19:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
Well, the same goes with Tata Dealers too. They can only be "BAD", "WORSE" and "WORST" .
Hard luck, varun. My own experiences however have never been 'bad', though v1p3r once took the truck to Prerna where they damaged sundry parts like beadings, sun control film and engine-bay soundproofing.

However, to be fair - they gave a letter offering to to pay for the repairs if bills are submitted for repairs or painting done at any TASS/TASC, or by the authorized distributors of the sun control film. Which I think is fair, because they had originally planned to do the damage-repairs on their own but v1p3r refused because he had to bring the truck back to Kerala.
Old 30th April 2007, 19:38   #27
BHPian

Varun...No offence friend, But if you got a lemon..does'nt mean you gonna serve lemon-aid everywhere..!

My Expierence with TATA is that, The TASC generally run on Hit and Trial or Simply just replace the suspect parts..!

However more than the Workshop, Its how much you are knowing about your own car and possible issues..!

TATA produces great VFM models, Made In India..Not Older Technology from Japan..! They may lack fineese, but not so bad ..!
Old 2nd May 2007, 01:26   #28
BHPian

Prerana motors. I have been their customer for a long time,and service is good too.

Concorde is trying to recover ground through their mysore road outfit,where they have joined hands with castrol for a 'greenfield' project,here they aim to emulate international workshops using Castrol's management expertise.
Old 2nd May 2007, 06:05   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Also tell them not to clean the dashboard with diesel. Make it very clear to the guy unless you want to smell diesel for next few days.
What's the advantage of cleaning the dashboard with diesel when compared with dashboard polish ? Is it solely because diesel is cheaper ?
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:39   #30
BHPian

I think the prerana motors guys cleaned some parts of the engine with diesel (not sure though). The airfilter etc, have some liquid residue on them which makes it look good but not sure if dust will start accumulating soon.

Most Viewed