Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 11:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors

Nice gesture has been shown by Tata Motors in association with KHT Motors & Aadya Motors (Both are Tata dealers in Bangalore) towards its customer.

Tata Motors invited me for Sunday 20th, May to Club Cabana along with Family for camp and Summer Holiday Gateway. This was whole day long event at Club Cabana, Bangalore with family arranged by Tata Motors, KHT & Aadya for Bangalore customers.

There are more than 1000 people are there at Club Cabana, Bangalore and it was completely booked by them for customers and their family.

Upon arrival they given us gifts (Neck Pillow+ Keychain). There was welcome drink (Real Juice) for all customers and attendees. Breakfast was arranged neatly with Masala Dosa and Chole Bhature. Lunch was also good which include non-vegetarian dish also.

All customers and their family members were enjoying different water bodies (Wave Pool, Lazy River, Water Slides etc.). There were tatoo artist, caricature artist, MJ, games, dart etc. there for attendees. Club Cabana was thrown open for whole day for Tata Motors customer.

There is mobile servicing van also present at venue and upon request they were doing general checkup of vehicles. Since Saturday KHT people gave me three - four courtesy calls to attend this event.

I have many pics which I will upload in the evening to this thread.

I thanks and appreciate Tata Motors, KHT Motors, Aadya Motors for nice gesture shown towards its customers. I am sure this is an example for others and big leap forward in Customer Care Department.

Anybody else from Team-BHP attended this day long event there? Link of Club Cabana Resorts: http://www.clubcabana.net.in/

Last edited by anujmishra : 21st May 2012 at 11:35.
anujmishra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 11:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtsey Tata Motrors, KHT Motors, Aadya Motors

Was this only for Tata customers or for Fiat customers also? That is quite an expensive resort to organize a complete day outing for customers, free of cost . In my knowledge, a day's outing costs around 1000 bucks per head at Cabana. Really nice gesture on their part. Do upload some pictures, would love to see what the event was like. This is the first time I am hearing of such an event being thrown by a car manufacturer.

Anyway I didn't buy my Linea from either of these 2 dealers (I bought from Prerana), so I wouldn't have got the call anyway .

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st May 2012 at 11:56.
Old 21st May 2012, 14:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtsey Tata Motrors, KHT Motors, Aadya Motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Was this only for Tata customers or for Fiat customers also?
I saw one guy who drives Punto and purchased from KHT attending this weekend gateway. Not sure that how he was invited. There was no mention of Fiat in invitation card.
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:48   #4
BHPian

Re: Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors

I bought my Indigo from Concorde, Bangalore. I have got an invite for a day out at Club Cabana for the coming sunday, 27th May. Got a confirmation call just now.

Last year Concorde had booked entire theatre in Vision Cinemas on a Sunday morning for their customers. I was given a couple of tickets too

Last sunday they had arranged for a free check up camp for few selected cars, I got complementary car wash and basic checkup done. They even gave me room freshener and wet tissue kit as a goodwill gesture.
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors

I had received a call from Tata Motors in Mumbai for their event at Water Kingdom here in the first week of May. Unfortunately I had other plans, so could not attend the same. Good move from TATA!
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Here are the photographs of the event.

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0242.jpg
Ramesh Safari Service incharge in front of KHT customer counter.

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0243.jpg
KHT Motors Team*

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0244.jpg
Aadya Motors Team. You can see the gifts for customer.

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0248.jpg
Banner of the Event

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0249.jpg
Customers enjoying the Wave Pool

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0265.jpg
Water body

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0268.jpg
Customers and family members enjoying

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0282.jpg
Tata car lineup. Third from left is my ride.

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0283.jpg
Club Cabana

Funfilled Weekend for Customers courtesy Tata Motors, KHT Motors and Aadya Motors-img_0294.jpg
Mobile service vehicle of KHT Motors

Last edited by anujmishra : 22nd May 2012 at 19:03.
anujmishra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sure is a wonderful gesture. I hope Pune dealers along with TATA also plan something similar.

But wondering what prompted this event to be organized?
Old 24th May 2012, 22:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

That appears to be a good gesture.

My best guess behind this event must be a TATA Driven initiative to do brand building among customers. So Far Tata has been primarily associated with a "Taxi" "Bus" or "truck" Image. Eventhough models like Manza have found favorites with private buyers, Tata still has a long way to go as far as brand value is concerned. Just look at any Aria sales figures or just the entry level version of Aria 4X2

• Ventures into Private car segment has failed (read Aria: Xylo E9 outsells aria 4X2)
  • Potential threat to Tata Commercial taxi segment from Ertiga LDi/LXi, Mini Xylos et all
  • Etios, DZire Tours and Veritos eating away sales from Indigo (& brothers) category
  • Speculations about Storme. (Ethusiast category is minimal and would not fetch numbers that Tata Expects. Also threats from XUV5OO)
  • Almost Nil / fast depreciating Re-sale value of a Tata product
To build the "word-of-mouth" factor too woo private buyers, Tata has to cater to them also, not only to yellow-board segment. This resort outing is a gesture of goodwill from Tata trying to woo the customer.

Over and Above this:
Mahindra is known for "Great-Escape"
Toyota for its "fortuner Boot Camp"

Maybe Tata wants to create an iconic impression like this.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 24th May 2012 at 22:16.
Old 25th May 2012, 10:25   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
That appears to be a good gesture.

My best guess behind this event must be a TATA Driven initiative to do brand building among customers. So Far Tata has been primarily associated with a "Taxi" "Bus" or "truck" Image. Eventhough models like Manza have found favorites with private buyers, Tata still has a long way to go as far as brand value is concerned. Just look at any Aria sales figures or just the entry level version of Aria 4X2

• Ventures into Private car segment has failed (read Aria: Xylo E9 outsells aria 4X2)
  • Potential threat to Tata Commercial taxi segment from Ertiga LDi/LXi, Mini Xylos et all
  • Etios, DZire Tours and Veritos eating away sales from Indigo (& brothers) category
  • Speculations about Storme. (Ethusiast category is minimal and would not fetch numbers that Tata Expects. Also threats from XUV5OO)
  • Almost Nil / fast depreciating Re-sale value of a Tata product
To build the "word-of-mouth" factor too woo private buyers, Tata has to cater to them also, not only to yellow-board segment. This resort outing is a gesture of goodwill from Tata trying to woo the customer.

Over and Above this:
Mahindra is known for "Great-Escape"
Toyota for its "fortuner Boot Camp"

Maybe Tata wants to create an iconic impression like this.
Totally agree with the above mentioned points. All this not withstanding, credit must be given to TATA for finally waking up and getting on with initiatives that will give the customer something to fondly remember. However, all this aside, TATA needs to work on improving its customer relations and servicing experience to get lasting results.
Old 27th May 2012, 16:47   #10
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just got back from the event at Club cabana. Event was well organized but they were swamped. It was very crowded ! Almost takes away all the fun but nonetheless kudos to Concorde !

Last edited by NoMind : 27th May 2012 at 16:54. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks