Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 17:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ripped off by ABT-Maruti, Ambattur

Sad to see this bill. Ripping off in excess of 5k rupees. If these weren't there, the landing cost would have been somewhere in 2k or 3k rupee range. Also, a notorious activity is that they are charging extra for brake bleeding, greasing, etc etc. Ask a simple question to the SA - What the heck is done in paid service then? As simple as that. In a few days we can safely say that they will start charging things like - Tyre nut loosening Rs 15, tyre nut tightening Rs. 15 and so on. Items like wheel spray etc are useless. You could get a can of tire foam for that amount which you can use it multiple times compared to what you get in the ASC.

When you see such inflated bills, a strict round of interrogation will make them cut down the extras without looking at your face. Many a times, they wouldn't have done it either. Thats why they readily decrease the prices. I feel that this practice, which is prevalent in most MASS must be brought to the notice of the parent company. Maybe the dealers are trying to make profits out of the low cost ownership experience of Maruti by doing what is not mentioned by the company, in the act of providing extra care to your vehicle.
Old 9th July 2012, 17:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing, my colleague gets regular 5-6K bills from Trident (bangalore, near kudlu gate) and not even 1 drop of any fluid is changed! Regular items in a 5K bill is general checkup, detailing, washing, alignment, wheels rotate and balancing, ac sanitizing, etc...
Old 9th July 2012, 17:46   #18
BHPian

I couldn't meet up with them this weekend. One question ? Is this all possible to be done in 1 day? My dad had left the car in the morning and had taken it out the same day in the evening.
Old 9th July 2012, 19:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^Well, this depends on many factors like number of cars in for service that day, the service personnel they have etc. But the question is not about whether they did the tasks or not - it is about whether it was needed to do these tasks at that point of time (20K).

You don't need to spend time talking to them. Like I told you, just walk over, ask for an MSIL feedback form (which ideally they should have given your Dad when he took the car after service). The moment you ask for this form, you will see them perking up about what the reason is - just tell them you want to provide feedback about the last service. Provide details in the postage-paid form to MSIL and rest assured you will see action.

Please note that they have an ABT-feedback form that goes to their org - that is worthless.
Old 9th July 2012, 21:05   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Please note that they have an ABT-feedback form that goes to their org - that is worthless.
If only I was attentive enough. I filled the feedback form of my dealership rather than that of MSIL last time my car went into service.

Last edited by audioholic : 9th July 2012 at 21:06.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 21:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a case of organised rip-off on unsuspecting customers. The costliest service on my 11 year old WagonR was last year and it was Rs 8000. The car had completed 60 K on the odo. The tasks involved fuel injector cleaning, lower arms and bushes change, all liquids change, etc.

I'd got my engine decarbonised at 40K on the odo, and the dealer (Varun Motors) said it was not needed again till 80 K on the odo. I appreciate their honesty on this point.

Please do complain to Maruti.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 21:37   #22
BHPian

Just to put in some perspective to how badly you have been ripped off. The max I paid for my Chevy Cruze service which has run 44000km till date has not crossed Rs 5500 till date which includes fluid change. In the absence of fluid changes it has not crossed Rs 1200. Take it up seriously with Maruti and especially so since they misguided your Dad into using Synthetic oil for an engine that was designed for mineral oils.
Word of advice:- Make it absolutely clear to the service center that you will be paying them for only whats mentioned in the service book. Thats how my Cruze service bills are a pittance. They are free to replace what they want but you will pay only for items mentioned as essential in the service manual.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 21:43   #23
BHPian

I have for now put it up on the following complaint link in maruti website -
Maruti Suzuki: Maruti800, Alto, Zen, WagonR, Versa, Esteem, Baleno,Grand Vitara, Gypsy, Finance, Insurance, Accessories, TrueValue, Fleet Management Solutions

Supremebaleno - Yes sir :-) Advice taken, i am trying to get hold of a form where i could send a feedback. I will have to go to the service centre maybe in another 2 days when i shall bring this up again.
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:42   #24
BHPian

Thanks Guys,
Wanted to update on the status -
I had posted on the website i had mentioned above. The consecutive day i got a call from the service manager and also a service engineer visited our home the same evening.

They apologised for the same, accepted their mistake and mentioned that these will be refunded. They had refunded the amount back for Engine flush and Engine decarbonisation and the related charges, Also for the other ones such as AC disinfectant, Wheel spray it was not charged. This refund had occured towards end of last week.

I was surprised on the response time from MSIL and the effect it had on the ABT team. Sent a thanks mail back to MSIL. Previous late evening i give a complaint, it was addressed by afternoon the consecutive day itself.

Thanks to everyone who had responded to this thread and guided me on the closure of this issue.
BrainyLad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed