Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Pathetic sales and service by Millennium Mobility (Pune)

When I had a Scorpio, the driver's door used to squeak. We took the car to the A.S.S. 3 times and every time, they just tightened the nuts. Without any surprise, the squeak used to come back in some 2k kms. I sent an email to the customer care ID of Mahindra and within an hour, I got 2 calls from M&M assuring me that the issue will be sorted. The same day I got a call from the service advisor who attended my vehicle requesting me to bring the car to them. This time, they changed all the bolts on the door and since then, the door never squeaked.

Sometimes, it becomes essential to escalate the matter. In my case, M&M has been very helpful always. If M&M can do it, I believe even TATA can...

PLEASE wake up TATA. We dont want to see the biggest automobile giant of India digging it's own grave.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Stupid fellow washed the car again, but again only upper body, again not a single drop of water on alloy wheels. It only indicates what process they follow, its not in their blood to take a good care of vehicle at all.
You pay peanuts, you get______? Those guys will keep doing repetitive work without even noticing that its a clean vehicle. Almost like robots.

A couple of my friends were small scale producers & suppliers of some parts to a couple of biggies, one of them being Tata. They had QC procedures for the others but nothing for Tata. The focus was always on being the cheapest possible rate. Regardless of how often it breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
They insisted that the Aria suffered none of these niggles and that we should TD one and make up our minds for ourselves. Fair enough, but not everyone can shell out a million and a half on a vehicle. What about the bread and butter stuff?
Really now! So how can other manufacturers (even Fiat) provide better quality in the 6L category?
Lets ignore the Nano for now as a freak product specifically built for a budget. What about its other cars? Vista, Manza and others, or does that fall under 'part sharing'
So now we have to buy an overpriced Aria for them to prove their QC? Just increase that part price from 37 bucks to 50 bucks and implement some darned QC on it. Jeez is it really that difficult?

Last edited by selfdrive : 23rd July 2012 at 13:07.
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Frankly I can live without gizmos and add-ons: give me a good, sound car with solid parts that don't fall off and fail at the drop of a hat and I will be happy. It seems Tata doesn't get that.
Anoop, you are so right. I mean thats the reason i went for LX variant, not much into gizmos just wanted bare minimum features (and power window is one of them). And cant believe one of that is not functioning for last 7 months. I cant tell how many bunch of careless and courtesy-less people are there in Millennium.

I would narrate my ownership experience for Chevy Magnum for 4 years. Visited workshop only for regular service and nothing else, except for one instance when thermostat conked off on high-way, and was replaced under warranty in another city, without any fuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
When I had a Scorpio, the driver's door used to squeak. We took the car to the A.S.S. 3 times and every time, they just tightened the nuts. Without any surprise, the squeak used to come back in some 2k kms. I sent an email to the customer care ID of Mahindra and within an hour, I got 2 calls from M&M assuring me that the issue will be sorted. The same day I got a call from the service advisor who attended my vehicle requesting me to bring the car to them. This time, they changed all the bolts on the door and since then, the door never squeaked.

Sometimes, it becomes essential to escalate the matter. In my case, M&M has been very helpful always. If M&M can do it, I believe even TATA can...

PLEASE wake up TATA. We dont want to see the biggest automobile giant of India digging it's own grave.
Raj, no wonder Mahindra made it 3rd position and Tata slipped to 4th. Problem being reported from 7 months to dealer, and escalated to TATA 3 days back, not a single call yet.
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Throttleking and Raj - I am sending the link to the concerned departments / people. Thanks for this information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quite frankly, somehow I feel TATA has lost the battle when it comes to MUV's/SUV's. They either lack in quality checks or when the quality becomes acceptable, the looks are the culprit and when both are good, TATA messes it up with horrible pricing (Aria in this case).

However, having said that, I own a Nano and a bunch of Marutis; I have had fantastic experience at Maruti showrooms and now, even good with TATA. I believe, TATA has somehow conditioned the A** guys that an X model has X problem, so expect a customer to come to you repeatedly; he may comes once, twice, thrice and then get fed up and move on in life...

I am amazed to see this kind of experience for someone who has spent 1 million INR to buy a Tata flagship (Can we consider Aria it's flagship?) and face so many issues in 7 months? I get treated much better when I visit my A** with my Nano.
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:02   #21
Team-BHP Support

Anoop, even the Aria is not free of so called issues and Niggles. Quality is in a company's DNA. Either its there or its not there. Where QC is followed, it does not matter whether its a 4L car or 40L car. Look at the number of issues 40-50L German cars face.
Somehow Tata management is disconnected from the fact that quality can make vehicles sell. Look at the fortuner. What does it offer above the Safari VX 4x4. why do people shell twice the amount to buy that vehicle? Part of the reason is their faith in Toyota quality.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Throttleking and Raj - I am sending the link to the concerned departments / people. Thanks for this information.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hello BD Sir,
Thank you for taking up Throttleking's case to the concerned department.
But I guess there's a bigger question that remains unanswered.
Why does BD Sir have to take up this case & paste it in the face of the concerned person?
I am sure it is not in BD Sir's Job profile to redress complaints. He does it for the brotherhood of T-BHP. But what about the remaining hundreds of cases that are not mentioned in TBHP. Is there nobody to hear them,let alone to solve them?
Sir, I am a person who has immense respect for the house of TATA. I buy/sell TATA shares, eat TATA salt & talk over a TATA phone. But will I buy a TATA car? NO,not AGAIN!
I am a person who drive my cars over a long period of time. My 2000 Santro is running just fine @ 1,35,000 kms. We also had an Indigo XL brought in 2007. The ratio of Indigo going in for repairs is almost double of the Santro.
When I was in the market for a diesel sedan,many of my friends suggested me to go in for a Manza(Wine color, no less!!). Most of them were bowled over by MID & Blue5 technology. And I did test drive it. But I did not buy it. Why? Cause I believe that TATA does not have a QA/QC dept.
My friends consider me a fool for buying a Toyota Etios. It does not have MID or Blue5, but it does have something more valuable - SOLID ENGINEERING !!
Many buyers fail to understand that, apart from safety features, any kind of accessories can be brought today. But try buying RELIABILITY ??!!

It's a pity that M&M which have just 4 products in their passenger car portfolio have overtaken TATA's passenger car portfolio which have cars ranging from 2L to 18L.

BD Sir, I hope I have not offended you in any way.

P.S - We hope that the Thar competitor that you are building @ TATA has reliability to the last bolt. We demand nothing less!!
Thanks & Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 23rd July 2012 at 14:21.
powertrain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:21   #23
BHPian

One more day passed. Not a single call or acknowledgement from Tata Motors. Now I am beginning to feel that it is not at all dealer's fault, the process from top is like this. Sell the product, and then just ignore the customer.

I would eventually go to an extend, when some of you will see me standing in front of Millennium Mobility, holding a placard with "Dont buy Tata car" written all over it.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

I can empathize with what you are going through. I faced similar issues with the Indica too many times than I care to remember. Starting off on a long drive? Something conks off. Taking some guests somewhere? Something goes wrong. And lately the ASCs in Bangalore have looted me merrily.

I think Tata Motors thoughtfully and patriotically ensured that the good old values of FIat/Ambi/Jeep owners' - constant watchfulness, living with 'I wonder what is gonna happen now!' excitement, and always praying to god before and during a trip - didn't go away. Commendable on their part to ensure that the values continued with Tata vehicle owners.

If you don't have the time or inclination to live with the Safari's tantrums, I suggest you sell it off and go for something more reliable, even if it is a little bit less desirable.

To cheer you up, here are a few Land rover (ever wondered why Tata went for Land Rover?) jokes from a South Africa forum I frequent. No offense meant - I understand how you feel, having been in your shoes.

You know you're a Land Rover owner when your marriage is easier to keep going than your truck

You know your a Land Rover owner when you park your truck in different spots to ensure a even application of oil to your own driveway.

All Land Rovers are like women - They moan on long journeys, embarrass you in front of friends and you spend more money than you ever expected once you've committed yourself to one.

Landys have the best fuel consumption of all 4x4's.
That's because they are always being towed by something else.

Q: What do you find on pages 4 and 5 of the Landy’s user manual?
A: The train & bus schedule.

Q: What is the sport-version of a Landy?
A: When the driver wears Nike shoes.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 24th July 2012 at 10:49.
nilanjanray is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 10:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sagar, your experience is scary. As you know, I too am waiting for the Storme (and waiting and waiting ....), but no way am I going to Millenium if this is their approach.

Which is better amongst National and Pandit? I guess, being Tata dealerships, one would have to pick the lesser of two evils.

A really sad commentary, if a Tata customer, sitting in headquarter city, cannot get a simple issue resolved promptly, and is given this type of runaround. Wonder then what would hapen to customers in other cities far removed.

What really shocked me to be honest was the roadside mechanic type hathoda maar approach of bending your door frame. NO WAY would I have allowed anyone to treat any vehicle of mine like that - least of all an aurthorized service center.

Please bring this to the notice of the Tata people WHEN they finally wake up and attend to you.

Keep escalating. I am a dyed in the wool Tata boy, so its especially painful to read this. I grew up in Jamshedpur, my Dad was a Tata man his entier career, so is my younger brother now. There is something seriously wrong at Tata Motors, when someone like Ratan Tata comes out in the open and all but confides the same.

Last edited by ebonho : 24th July 2012 at 10:41.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 18:31   #26
BHPian

One more day, no communication from Tata, whatsoever. And the fake guy who claimed he is from Tata motors but was actually from Millennium, who said I am a customer spport exec and will call you back, has been also missing since saturday.
Old 24th July 2012, 19:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
One more day, no communication from Tata, whatsoever. And the fake guy who claimed he is from Tata motors but was actually from Millennium, who said I am a customer spport exec and will call you back, has been also missing since saturday.
I perfectly understand your situation as i sold my gx 4x4 after 18 months of use, as i no more wanted to deal with these morons appointed by tata. As i have mentioned on some other thread, safari with poor engineering and pathetic service is an absolute headache. Headache is multiple times the joys it provides. I had terrible experience with Pandit but i think the situation is the same elsewhere. Now i maintain my palio with independent garage ignoring warranties and trying my luck at Accumen for my Punto. Also, i am never going to buy a tata car again. After burning my fingers in safari and lot of mental stress, i have made a rule for myself as 'Jap/Europian car or No Car' for me.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 24th July 2012 at 19:16.
46TheDoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 23:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
After burning my fingers in safari and lot of mental stress, i have made a rule for myself as 'Jap/Europian car or No Car' for me.
I am in the same boat. I am planning to burn 15 lacs on a 7 seater and safari appealed to me. Reading this horror story, I will definetly buy the Fortuner or Innova. Even if tata offes 50% discount, i would not plonk my money.

If either was good (A.S.S or product) it makes sense as there is one way to go. Tata motors not providing support and dealer too locking gates on the face as mentioned in this thread is shocking.
Old 25th July 2012, 15:29   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
Headache is multiple times the joys it provides. Also, i am never going to buy a tata car again. After burning my fingers in safari and lot of mental stress, i have made a rule for myself as 'Jap/Europian car or No Car' for me.
Ditto here after our experience with the 2002 Safari. My family purchased 2 cars with issues, both in 2002 - the Safari and the Palio 1.6 (actually 3, my Honda City Type II as well but thats a different story). As for Pandit Auto less said the better, they are rip offs. Dad's Palio and bro's Safari went there once and that was the last visit.

You cannot put quality into a car once it leaves the assembly line. No amount of ASC care can compensate for the peace of mind ownership experience that a reliable vehicle gives. And no amount of replacement parts from an ASC can compensate for the fact Tata's QC is bad! It is not the ASC's fault that they are flooded with complaints - it is quite simply Tata Motors.

Will we buy a Fiat - just maybe. A Tata - highly unlikely.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th July 2012 at 15:31.
Old 25th July 2012, 15:52   #30
BHPian

I am really sorry to see such bad state of affairs throttleking. They somehow cannot seem to track problems in a car. Are there even trained mechanics or everyone in a jumpsuit can work on the car.

Our company Aria are getting serviced at Millennium Mobility. Initially I was told spares were not coming but based on additional feedback we realized that Service center is clueless how to repair the car. Even we have been told about some ERP problem for 15-20 days. I guess we should seriously consider shifting it, but to where?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks