Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 14:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Detroit TATA : Exchange Bonus gimmick

See the same pattern I highlighted in my earlier posts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2861559

Point to be noted that even after adding massive exchange bonus of Rs.1 Lac the resale value offered is not matching the current market price. Is there any limit for lower valuation I wish to ask?
Old 4th August 2012, 16:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Damn!

Now i understand why i was asked for a photocopy of the RC of my existing car when i test drove the TATA Vista.

Guys, i hope i have not done anything wrong to myself? I did not buy the TATA Vista finally.
Old 4th August 2012, 20:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

One more post.
No Rocket Science. Just stating the obvious.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2861650
Old 5th August 2012, 14:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well good for a guy who takes the pain of finding cheap car and do the needful process of getting it transferred to his name and finally sell it to tata to get the exchange benefit...

am sure tata/fiat will be aware of this loop hole and i dont think they have any issue with this...

btw the valuation is done by a 3rd party/used car dealer who is hired for this purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
One more post.
No Rocket Science. Just stating the obvious.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2861650
Old 5th August 2012, 15:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Am sure tata/fiat will be aware of this loop hole and i dont think they have any issue with this...
btw the valuation is done by a 3rd party/used car dealer who is hired for this purpose...
So Tata is still not to be blamed.
For eg. Dealer buys used for Rs.80K then resells the car for normal price say Rs.2 Lac. Customer get Rs.80K+1Lac bonus from Tata. So in effect Tata is rewarding their dealer by way of exchange bonus. Then what is the purpose of this thread??? Isn't dealer is not trying to claim what anyway is due to him.
Generally the so called 3rd party is called upon by dealers side and chances of him working hand-in-glove are more than 50% in all fairness.
If the customer, without any great effort gets a reasonable value of his old car and then the dealer values it pathetically low, I don't think the system is working right. The best solution for the customer is to not only involved in him selling the car to dealer but in dealer re-selling that car to the customer. Customer should go to the dealer with new customer of his used car and then claim the exchange bonus.
One more thing I was told by the Tata dealer SEs that they generally do the fair valuation for Tata cars if brought for exchange with new Tata vehicle (not sure about Fiat).
I repeat again that there should be some limit to undervaluation, if Rs. 1 Lac bonus can't fill the gap of Fair price and dealer valuation for a 2 Lac Rupee car, then IMHO something is seriously wrong.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th August 2012 at 15:47.
Old 5th August 2012, 19:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Damn!

Now i understand why i was asked for a photocopy of the RC of my existing car when i test drove the TATA Vista.

Guys, i hope i have not done anything wrong to myself? I did not buy the TATA Vista finally.
Then your RC copy will be used for some other customer, In return the other customer will not get the bonus but the SE will get his pocket filled.

Nothing to worry about your car, that's the gimmick here.

Last edited by joshuakeys : 5th August 2012 at 19:42.
Old 6th August 2012, 10:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Why should the someone sell thier car at a lower price to tata? if the person does i think he/she needs to be blamed not the dealer/tata, as it is not necessary to sell the car to the dealer to get the bonue. also tell me which other brand dealer offers decent price on exchange? i had checked with mahindra and they had offered a very low price for my old car...

Even Scorpio had a exchange bonus of 5k during the period when i made the purchse and i was told to sell the car and submit transferred rc to collect that amount...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
So Tata is still not to be blamed.
For eg. Dealer buys used for Rs.80K then resells the car for normal price say Rs.2 Lac. Customer get Rs.80K+1Lac bonus from Tata. So in effect Tata is rewarding their dealer by way of exchange bonus. Then what is the purpose of this thread??? Isn't dealer is not trying to claim what anyway is due to him.
Generally the so called 3rd party is called upon by dealers side and chances of him working hand-in-glove are more than 50% in all fairness.
If the customer, without any great effort gets a reasonable value of his old car and then the dealer values it pathetically low, I don't think the system is working right. The best solution for the customer is to not only involved in him selling the car to dealer but in dealer re-selling that car to the customer. Customer should go to the dealer with new customer of his used car and then claim the exchange bonus.
One more thing I was told by the Tata dealer SEs that they generally do the fair valuation for Tata cars if brought for exchange with new Tata vehicle (not sure about Fiat).
I repeat again that there should be some limit to undervaluation, if Rs. 1 Lac bonus can't fill the gap of Fair price and dealer valuation for a 2 Lac Rupee car, then IMHO something is seriously wrong.
Old 8th August 2012, 00:36   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Even Scorpio had a exchange bonus of 5k during the period when i made the purchse and i was told to sell the car and submit transferred rc to collect that amount...
Lohit, Are you being against TATA Motors or The dealers? or neither of them? but for me it was a bitter experience & I know you are not counting on me, I wasn't aware of this exchange gimmick, Neither i was told until i promised to book a vehicle at Malik cars, else he would have also not told me, about my dealer(DETROIT), I guess he might have already made plans for that money, now that i got to know about the bonus, He accepted to give it, That too i had to warn him to cancel my booked vehicle.

Now who do you want to blame? even if its the dealers, EOD they belong to TATA Family, So TATA Moters will be blamed actually.

My intention was not to hunt down anybody, Just want to make things clear.
Old 8th August 2012, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Joshua, i think i have already made it clear in my earlier posts that in your case it was the "dealer" who needs to be blamed and i think Tata needs to take notice of this else such misdeeds by a dealer can ruin their business.

however in your case, am certainly not blaming you, the only mistake you did was not to enquire with couple of dealers before going ahead with the booking. in our case we checked with all the dealers in Bangalore and we got the same info what we were provided by the dealer in mangalore where we bought the truck.

but when people were raising issue's on the exchange process, i just clarified on TATA following the same process as the other brands.

hope am clear, enjoy the truck its great vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Lohit, Are you being against TATA Motors or The dealers? or neither of them? but for me it was a bitter experience & I know you are not counting on me, I wasn't aware of this exchange gimmick, Neither i was told until i promised to book a vehicle at Malik cars, else he would have also not told me, about my dealer(DETROIT), I guess he might have already made plans for that money, now that i got to know about the bonus, He accepted to give it, That too i had to warn him to cancel my booked vehicle.

Now who do you want to blame? even if its the dealers, EOD they belong to TATA Family, So TATA Moters will be blamed actually.

My intention was not to hunt down anybody, Just want to make things clear.
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks