Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 09:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sairam Automobiles, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.

ENDURANCE & PATIENCE TESTED WHILE BOOKING A FIAT LINEA 2012

This was the most horrible part of the whole lovestory and I would like to forget this incidence as soon as possible.

As the decision was made I had booked the vehicle by paying a token amount with M/s. SAIRAM AUTOMOBILES, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh. The booking amount was paid at the dealer more with the intention of helping the young SA (Vijay), who was just doing his B.Com. final year. It was he who convinced me for the Linea Emotion model by providing at least three test drives. This gesture from my side could not save his job and he was removed a few days after my booking for he had taken a long leave for his B.Com. final exams.

But the purchase had to wait till July because my wife was adamant on this issue for certain family reasons. Come 02nd July, 2012 I contacted the dealer and confirmed the colour Sunbeam Beige. The SA then very tactically convinced my wife for the white colour instead of SBB. When I agreed for white, he started to convince me for the Dynamic model instead of the Emotion model. It was then I realised that the final intention must be to sell-off the only white Dynamic model kept as the showroom piece. I firmly insisted on having the Emotion model BNW.

Then started another round of drama at the dealership. The SA convinced me that a fresh vehicle will take time to be delivered, so they will bring one for me from Bilaspur town, which is 250 KM from my place. Earlier the same dealer had sent the Tjet+ for my TD and I had the phone number of the Sales Incharge. So I rang him up and enquired whether any BNW Linea Emotion is available with them as the same is not available at Bhilai. During the course of the discussion, he disclosed that the vehicle at the dealership has 160 KM on the odo. Bringing it to Bhilai by road would mean that the odo would be reading 410 Km at the time of purchase, so I rejected this proposal.

The SA then came up with one BNW Emotion at Raipur manufactured in March’ 2012. On refusal the dealer insisted for a trip to Raipur at their cost just to see the car. I obliged and found that this car had 371 KM on the odo, so I again refused and asked them to provide a fresh car from the factory. I had to show some anger at the dealership and they promised me to get a fresh car by 19th or 20th July.

I wrote the whole story to Mr. Mangesh and Mr. Rajiv Kapoor on 07/07/2012, but to my utter dismay I never received any communication from their side even after sending a reminder mail on 15-07-2012.

On 16th July I started enquiring from the dealer about the position of delivery but no one could come up with any reliable reply. Being utterly disappointed, I wrote a mail again to the CEO with copy to Mr. Mangesh for cancelling my booking. Within half-an-hour I started receiving calls from Tata Motors Mumbai and Raipur and the dealer. They all confirmed me that the money transfer from the dealer to Fiat India through RTGS has been done for my car on 14th July and the car would be available by 21st at the showroom.

On my part the intention was very clear to purchase a Linea Emotion, so I agreed to go along with the purchase. From all the discussion that I had during this period with various executives of Tata Motors, the information that I could sum up was that Fiat is only entrusted with the job of manufacturing the cars. The moment the cars leave the assembly line Tata Motors executives come into function. The total job of logistics is controlled by Tata and Fiat has absolutely no role to play in this whole process. That maybe the reason, why my mails never got a reply from Fiat India. They have only forwarded my mails to the concerned Tata Motors executive and thereafter it was Tata Motors who used to respond through phone. I came across a somewhat similar incidence faced by TeamBHP member “RAMESHNANDA” in his ownership thread.

The car finally arrived on the morning of 24th July instead of 21st and I was informed about the arrival by the SA. I inspected the car after lunch (VIN MCA110C1B********DLZ) and it was perfectly OK except for some very common niggles like glove box opening up during the drive and some rust in the disc of the front brakes. The car is manufactured in April 2012, all the tyres showed 16/12 i.e. April 2012. The odo was having only 03KM but surprisingly the “H” symbol was not there. I had already checked from the security guards that the car has been unloaded only in the morning at around 11 AM. I instantly checked all the four tyres and found the spikes intact on all the four. It was some what lesser in the front tyres but it was there on all the tyres. By this I was somewhat convinced that the car has not travelled much. The SA offered me a TD and I have driven the car for another 8/9 KM, no problem of misalignment nor any noise from the suspension. I then had a talk with the territory sales manager and was confirmed that the car has come fresh from the factory delivered on 20th July evening and reaching on 24th July early morning. I have again sent a mail to CEO and Mr. Mangesh on 24th evening asking for a possible clarification on the issue.

The reply received from Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar of Fiat India is reproduced below :-

Quote:
From: Mangesh Kodalkar [mailto:Mangesh.Kodalkar@fiapl.com]
Sent: 26 July 2012 16:53
To: X. X. XXXXXX
Cc: Service
Subject: RE: H Symbol issue in Car of Mr. X. X. XXXXXX, Bhilai

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication ,regret the delay in responding to your communication , as we were awaiting inputs from concern department .

We have practice of random checks carried on cars manufactured our plant , chassis listed below had undergone internal test inside the plant for close to 47 km .

We request you to please take the deliver of said car , we hope with above information we have clarified the matter .

Do let us know any type of service support required in future , will be happy to help you with the team .

Wishing you happy & safe motoring .

With warm regards ,

Mangesh Kodalkar
Customer Services
Fiat India Automobiles Ltd.
Ranjangaon
Pune 412210
+91 2138 672764
mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks