Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 14:11   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetsh08
In spite of what has happened, I have been very accommodating with them and have stayed away from being vindictive. After one of our meetings I got a call from KSM at 8.30 pm saying their people could not go home till I sent a mail stating KSM people had met me and we were nearing a resolution as VW wanted to see that mail. In spite of a very long day, I sent the mail out in the next 5 mins. Unfortunately their response on all these matters have been only nothing but their feet and buying some more time.
To be candid, that was not very smart of you. When you got that call, you should have replied in the negative, stating the obvious.

I hope you atleast mentioned clearly in that mail about the impending 3week duration asked by them. Considering VW is following your case, I'd recommend sending a followup mail to VW keeping the dealer in CC.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th September 2012 at 14:20.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 14:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetsh08 View Post
After one of our meetings I got a call from KSM at 8.30 pm saying their people could not go home till I sent a mail stating KSM people had met me and we were nearing a resolution as VW wanted to see that mail. In spite of a very long day, I sent the mail out in the next 5 mins.
As already pointed out, I also feel that this was a rather unnecessary step. The way I see things, this issue is nowhere "near" resolution. I hope that this mail doesn't work against you in the future. "Could not go home unless seeing the mail" could have been a way of emotional blackmailing.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 16:05   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Sure. I'd have wished them a happy night in the office and rang off
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 15:24   #139
Senior - BHPian

I'd have sent a mail all right, But I'd have stated very clearly and as nicely as possible that this matter is nowhere near resolution, outlining in succinct bullet points how you've been taken for a ride at every step of the way. You cannot play Mr. Nice. You give these guys an inch, they'll take a mile. Battle down the hatches and breathe fire if you want what is yours.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 22nd September 2012 at 15:26. Reason: edit: Good to see VW India has an eye on matters. All the more reason for you to fire off a few "nice" mails on the matter
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 18:07   #140

So this happened...FINALLY!

Thanks guys!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
vineetsh08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:20   #141
BHPian

Congrats, all the best with the new car. But, can you pursue the case - why were you not informed immediately after the accident and many such issues?
Old 27th September 2012, 20:24   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran
Congrats, all the best with the new car. But, can you pursue the case - why were you not informed immediately after the accident and many such issues?
Not required. Settlement has been reached.

Congratulations Vineet !!
Did you do PDI etc ? Is it highline ?

Last edited by F150 : 27th September 2012 at 20:29.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:34   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks guys!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
fantastic !! Happy for you - you conducted yourself perfectly throughout the episode , maybe you should seek out a career as an ace negotiator
Wish you many happy incident free miles on your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Whats the point of getting petty now ? I am sure that the pre-condition of Vineet being a new car was that he should drop all claims and charges - KSM should shut shop if they didn't insist on that
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:37   #144
Senior - BHPian

Cant access facebook from work. Can someone please paste the contents here?

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2012, 20:45   #145
BHPian

Them why can't VW/Skoda close Harish's case that that have been dragging for ages?
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 20:48   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Them why can't VW/Skoda close Harish's case that that have been dragging for ages?
May be Harish needs to make a facebook page, if he hasn't already done so. The case received a lot of attention when it started, but over time, I guess people have forgotten about it.

One question is whether this kind of bad publicity really affects the company. I see tons of Skodas purchased on TBHP even after harish's thread started.
Old 27th September 2012, 20:52   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Cant access facebook from work. Can someone please paste the contents here?

Thanks!
Actually there isn't much to post - he's posted the below pic (of his new car) on his wall and there are a lot of congratulatory messages from his friends on the same. No other info provided there.

KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!-vineets-car.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
May be Harish needs to make a facebook page, if he hasn't already done so. The case received a lot of attention when it started, but over time, I guess people have forgotten about it.
Guys, if I remember correctly, he was (verbally) offered a new car, at a stage much later after a lot of the initial wrong doings that happened with him. He had put too much effort into it to let Skoda (& the dealer) go free at that stage, and hence the current situation.

Anyway, that's OT for this thread.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 27th September 2012 at 20:57.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 21:23   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetsh08

Thanks guys!
Congratulations Vineet! Happy that it ended well. And VW acted wisely this time by not dragging it along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
Is it highline ?
I think it's a highline - from the look of the alloys
Old 27th September 2012, 21:39   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks guys!
Congratulations, and well done.

If you are not posting the details, then I guess that might be by agreement, and, mush as I hate the idea of being gagged, you would have done what you had to do. But ...we are all dying to know!

Anyway, Although this took weeks longer than it should have, our faith in the VW group can be increased slightly. Which is good for us fellow VW owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys, if I remember correctly, he was (verbally) offered a new car, at a stage much later after a lot of the initial wrong doings that happened with him...
He was offered a new car under terms which were completely unacceptable to him. He was asked to sign off stuff which was wrong, and his very strong ethics would not let him.

People who suggest various forms of publicity for Harish's cause are usually not aware that just about everything that could be done was done. It really is worth going back to the beginning of the whole sorry story
Old 27th September 2012, 23:24   #150
Senior - BHPian

It would be nice if he opens up his mail or messaging service so he can atleast let fellow T-BHPians know how it played out so some of us who may face such a scenario in the future can actually take up similar route and get it resolved.

One thing for sure is VW has played a part and has atleast given some hopes unlike the Skoda case with Harish.

Happy for you Vineet and if possible you can just drop a note on how it went. We are eager to hear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks