Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 15:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Just this morning the mail comes to my official email ID regarding this accident from VW and the first thing i did was to search the forum for similar thread. Now its there.

I am not sure about the truthfulness of the story, although i trust VW are fairly capable of doing this sort of service to their customers.

What email did you receive from VW regarding this accident.

Lets find out if this is a true story or not?
Old 7th September 2012, 15:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
What email did you receive from VW regarding this accident.
Lets find out if this is a true story or not?
Oops, apologies, incorrectly typed (email from VW, now corrected on the original post). It was email from one of our colleague regarding Vineet Sharma's VW and the FB link page.

One thing that looked fishy was this statement

On the day that the car was to be returned, we were informed that the car had met with a minor accident. Till date we have not been shown the actual car and these are the only pictures we have.

I am not so sure, but if it was my car that was supposed to be delivered today and the dealer says it met with an accident. There is no freaking soul in this world that can stop me from seeing my car, and i would not be merely satisfied with pictures.
Old 7th September 2012, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'm glad I hit upon this thread, right at the stage where I was contemplating of going the VW way for a change. We had plans of TD'ing the new Highline Polo when it was going to be out mid Sept. Too bad, VW's out of the equation. That leaves us back to our trusted Japanese and Koreans! I am not sad.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:02   #19
BHPian

oh boy, if its true, then its really bad that this happened. Brings back old(not so old) memories. Its not just VW, most companies will wash thier hands off if its the dealer's fault. And most dealers will act the same way as this one did. The only way out seems the consumer court but will take a while to get justice. Also, the compensation (since its an old car) might be pittance. I might be wrong though.
Old 7th September 2012, 16:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Oops, apologies, incorrectly typed (email from VW, now corrected on the original post). It was email from one of our colleague regarding Vineet Sharma's VW and the FB link page.

One thing that looked fishy was this statement

On the day that the car was to be returned, we were informed that the car had met with a minor accident. Till date we have not been shown the actual car and these are the only pictures we have.

I am not so sure, but if it was my car that was supposed to be delivered today and the dealer says it met with an accident. There is no freaking soul in this world that can stop me from seeing my car, and i would not be merely satisfied with pictures.
On the day car was to be returned they were informed that car met with accident, doesnt mean he went physically to check collect the vehicle. Might be they informed him over the phone before he went to collect the vehicle.

The proof is that they sent him the pics of accident car.

VW are indeed a freaking souls. They have kept the car somewhere where he cannot check it.

Also police FIR says accident happened at 11.30PM on the same day which he gave it for servicing.

Arent they freaking souls to take a customers car in night for a joyride?
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:11   #21
BHPian

VW may be telling Skoda, whatever you do, I can better that. At present, I can only sympathize and wish for the best.

Somehow, I never had even a minor problem with Sai Service, Pune, a Maruti dealer. Once I got a call from them saying that the car is due for service. I told them that I have sold the car and they never called back. Compare that with Honda dealers (Crystal and Deccan in Pune) and Hallmark in Thane. Sales people of Crystal Honda called me one year after I purchased that car from them and inquired that I had test driven the car and when will I buy it!

If a Maruti dealer can be honest and efficient, why can't the dealers and makers of luxury cars? This is beyond me. What had shocked me a few weeks ago was the report of terrible actions by Mercedes, India. Two reports are available on moneylife.in site regarding this.

Linkway Honda, Chandivali scratched my car during last service and offered to touch up, though it required done amount of follow-up to get it done. They did not hide or misrepresent the incident, I should appreciate that part.

Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2012 at 16:39. Reason: Please type ONLY in English on Team-BHP. Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:49   #22
gemi_kk

I have never expected this sort of service from VW.

I dont understand one thing.

Skoda has pathetic service in india. Every customer knows it. Even the sales charts show it.

The VW charts are going down too (like skoda's charts). VW and its dealers are consistantly trying to let the brand go down. VW doesnt take any actiion. and why the customers are always put to suffering by these european brands.

Old 7th September 2012, 17:08   #23
BHPian

Indeed a sad episode. Every dealer has workshop Insurance, ask for a copy of the same. Let them repair car at their own cost without using your Insurance. Let VW influence dealer in repairing the vehicle at their cost. In no situation you should accept all the unreasonable offers that dealer has offered you so far. All the best.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

VW are indeed a freaking souls. They have kept the car somewhere where he cannot check it.
Isnt that illegal. I dont think they cant stop him from seeing the car if he wishes to.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:34   #25
BHPian

Hmm the condition of the car looks bad!
Did the airbags open up?
Old 7th September 2012, 17:48   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Every dealer has workshop Insurance, ask for a copy of the same. Let them repair car at their own cost without using your Insurance. Let VW influence dealer in repairing the vehicle at their cost.
That's not good enough. What about loss of value of the vehicle due to being involved in an accident? What about all the harassment for so many days?

These kind of things will never stop until judges, consumer forums etc have the power to award punitive damages in big amounts.
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 17:53   #27
VMC
BHPian

This is bad news. Really sorry for the car owner. Now VW seems to be going the Skoda way...
VW needs to penalise the dealer else what use are they off? They want to wash their hands of once the car is sold and shady activities by the dealer is not their headache??
They have only two options either service AND repair the car free of cost to customer or sell a new car at minimal cost if the owner agrees.

Japs and Koreans are way better and in my opinion this is the main reason why they have a higher market share than others! Maruti leads this flock and have strict norms set to their dealers
Old 7th September 2012, 18:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
That's not good enough. What about loss of value of the vehicle due to being involved in an accident? What about all the harassment for so many days?
All that owner could do is have the dealer repair at their own cost. He has to let go the loss of value or he could, somehow, sell the car to dealer at the value prior to the accident and walk off with a discount on a new car. His options are pretty narrow now.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Please take the strictest of measures against VW even if it means going to court.

Why don't you highlight this to the media ? Since the VW dealer has left a very convincing paper trail of the incidents, can the media not be roped in for coverage of such a issue showing blatant disregard for the consumer?
If this can be somehow taken up by Times NOW with Arnab Goswami hollering in his quintessential style, VW will definitely feel the pinch.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post

These kind of things will never stop until judges, consumer forums etc have the power to award punitive damages in big amounts.
I am in complete agreement with you, there is no disconnect but given our legal system and several examples on forum itself this will definitely be a long-long process.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks