Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 16:39   #46
BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

As far as I know, insurance covers repairs from accidents caused by any driver with a valid licence, so what is the guys problem in claiming insurance if the dealer is willing to pay the depreciation? Maybe he can negotiate that dealer cover next years NCB too, but in any case there is nothing fraudulent or illegal about claiming insurance for an accident caused by dealer. Sorry but this seems to be a case of a overzealous consumer looking for trouble.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 16:53   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
As far as I know, insurance covers repairs from accidents caused by any driver with a valid licence, so what is the guys problem in claiming insurance if the dealer is willing to pay the depreciation? Maybe he can negotiate that dealer cover next years NCB too, but in any case there is nothing fraudulent or illegal about claiming insurance for an accident caused by dealer. Sorry but this seems to be a case of a overzealous consumer looking for trouble.
So If I take your car for a joy ride without taking permission from you and cause and accident, you would be fine with claiming your insurance as long as I pay your deductible and NCB.

Even ignoring the moral issue in this, what about about the loss of your car's value because it's been in an accident?

Again, even ignoring the moral issue and loss of car's value, why shouldn't the dealer's insurance be used?
carboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 16:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy

Again, even ignoring the moral issue and loss of car's value, why shouldn't the dealer's insurance be used?
what about hiding the news of accident for 4 days, not giving the copy of police complaint, etc?
Old 8th September 2012, 16:58   #49
BHPian

You might want to approach Bloomberg UTV who have this show on called Fightback.
Here bloomberg takes up the case for the consumer against large companies who are indulging in malpractise
http://www.yourmoneysite.com/bloombergutv/fight-back
Old 8th September 2012, 17:04   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So If I take your car for a joy ride without taking permission from you and cause and accident, you would be fine with claiming your insurance as long as I pay your deductible and NCB.

Even ignoring the moral issue in this, what about about the loss of your car's value because it's been in an accident?

The only thing the customer wants is to have his car back fully repaired without spending any money. That is what the dealer is offering.

There is NO moral issue in claiming insurance for ANY accident. That is what it is meant for.

What if someone banged your car while parked and offered to make you whole if you claimed insurance? 99 out of 100 would take the offer including you and there is no moral issue in that.
Old 8th September 2012, 17:24   #51
asw
BHPian

Same kinda thing Happened to me in KLN Motors Chevy showroom Chennai. No car service centres in India is good, we will be like king only till we buy an car from them, after that they will treat us like beggars. we have to beg them for everything.
No good service in KLN motors. they just water service my car & give it back to me !!
& i have installed an map my india navigator on my cruze & its working like crap !! still clinging on to them to get cash back !!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=edit_ok
Old 8th September 2012, 17:53   #52
BANNED

Quote:
The only thing the customer wants is to have his car back fully repaired without spending any money. That is what the dealer is offering.

There is NO moral issue in claiming insurance for ANY accident. That is what it is meant for.

What if someone banged your car while parked and offered to make you whole if you claimed insurance? 99 out of 100 would take the offer including you and there is no moral issue in that.
You haven't answered my question - "So If I take your car for a joy ride without taking permission from you and cause an accident, you would be fine with claiming your insurance as long as I pay your deductible and NCB". You wouldn't be upset about how I took your car for a joy ride without your permission and also kept you in the dark for 4 days. And also caused a loss in the resale value of your car because it has been in an accident.

As I said, ignore the moral issues.

Last edited by carboy : 8th September 2012 at 17:55.
Old 8th September 2012, 18:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
You haven't answered my question - "So If I take your car for a joy ride without taking permission from you and cause an accident, you would be fine with claiming your insurance as long as I pay your deductible and NCB". You wouldn't be upset about how I took your car for a joy ride without your permission and also kept you in the dark for 4 days.
Upset yes. But what else? I would give higher priority to solving the issue and moving on. Life isn't fair, I accepted that years back, but it doesn't have to be difficult.

What would you do? Ask for a new car? They would never give it. Go to court? It'll take 5-10 years even in consumer court after appeals. You wouldn't get your car till then and when you get it, it'd have depreciated even more. And what will the court decide? - To repair the car and give some small amount for the consumers trouble. A fools errand I would say.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 18:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would you do? Ask for a new car? They would never give it. Go to court? It'll take 5-10 years even in consumer court after appeals. You wouldn't get your car till then and when you get it, it'd have depreciated even more. And what will the court decide? - To repair the car and give some small amount for the consumers trouble. A fools errand I would say.
I think the compensation you will get is with interest. And some more for hampering your piece of mind. So why not?
Old 8th September 2012, 18:20   #55
Senior - BHPian

Moral of the story:

If you have/know 'people' at right places who can settle issues like this rightfully or otherwise, you could buy a luxury brand in India.

Otherwise, be happy with the real folks wagons: Maruti, Tata and Hyundai.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 19:30   #56
BHPian

My earlier comments were based on the single picture indicating medium damage.

These new pics change everything http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1296992&type=3
Old 8th September 2012, 19:41   #57
BANNED

Quote:
I agree with what you say Abhinav but if you look at the photos on the FB album, the car has incurred serious damage and will most probably be totalled by the insurance provider too.

Front apron, fender, engine??, front axle, bumper, HL, rear tire burst, airbag deployment (steering wheel has been removed), probably structural damage as well to other parts.

I d say the car should be declared a "total loss" by the insurance provider (the dealership can make them do it) and VW India/Dealership should give the OP a new car using the insurance claim amount and add the required money to it/release a debit note to the dealer..whatever method they choose.
Old 8th September 2012, 19:42   #58
BANNED

Quote:
My earlier comments were based on the single picture indicating medium damage.

These new pics change everything http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1296992&type=3
I am unable to see this page (I don't have a facebook account) - "This content is currently unavailable". I am however able to see the fb link on the first page of this thread. Is there a separate link for people not logged into fb?
Old 8th September 2012, 19:49   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to see this page (I don't have a facebook account) - "This content is currently unavailable". I am however able to see the fb link on the first page of this thread. Is there a separate link for people not logged into fb?
I'm afraid you need a FB account to view the album. I shows the car rolled over, entire frame bent, airbags deployed, windows broken, tire burst and possible bloodstains.
Old 8th September 2012, 20:05   #60
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Looking at the damage as detailed in the album on FB, I don't see any point getting this car repaired.

Reading through the opening post, it does not seem like the owner himself knows what exactly he wants.

In my opinion, from the dealer, the owner should ask for:
1. A new car at no extra cost
OR
2. A used Jetta (well maintained) with similar mileage and ask for at least a couple of lakhs more as compensation for the mental agony.
OR
3. The fair-price of the Jetta (before the crash) from the dealer and at least a couple of lakhs more as compensation for the mental agony.

The options are: Go for one of the above settlements OR go to the court.

Last edited by SDP : 8th September 2012 at 20:09.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed