Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 18:23   #31
BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

Cause a legal notice immediately to the dealer and VW India and add the insurance as a party. File a case in the consumer court.
Old 7th September 2012, 18:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

The condition of the car looks bad. It's bad on VW's part and the dealer's part to play down the accident. This just shows how callous their attitude is towards the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
How does a bill run up to 42k for a supposedly normal oil service and how was that approved by the customer?
That's what I thought of too. How does a normal service bill run up so high? Maybe when the customer was informed of this bill on phone, the car had already met with the accident. So the bill was the cost of repair of this accident. Can this be the case?
Old 7th September 2012, 19:00   #33
Team-BHP Support

I'm just speechless.

Is there nothing such as business ethics.. or let's get down to basics, shame or a conscience that the KSM management or VW has in them?

Who the hell is VW to mess around with Indians like this.

Let's cut the theory, what should we do to get VW down on it's knees over such incidents?
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 20:29   #34

Is there a solution to such problems... tomorrow there may be more incidents like these and all the companies will escape because of a weak legal system that we have... i agree that something has to be done to get VW down so no other company would dare to do this again

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 20:42. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 22:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Please take the strictest of measures against VW even if it means going to court.

Why don't you highlight this to the media ? Since the VW dealer has left a very convincing paper trail of the incidents, can the media not be roped in for coverage of such a issue showing blatant disregard for the consumer?
If this can be somehow taken up by Times NOW with Arnab Goswami hollering in his quintessential style, VW will definitely feel the pinch.
Huh!! Have you forgotten how VW played a trick that no where in media the Vento catching fire cases were showcased.

In times of india newspaper the news was mentioned " Businessman dies in car fire" , it was good that DNA newspaper published that the car was Vento.

And inbetween someone on our forum mentioned he got info that VW has taken that car to the chakan plant and the investigation is on.

Now what happened to that investigation?
Old 7th September 2012, 22:58   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

This is scary!

Skoda or whichever manufacturer, i always ensure to mention- NO ROADTEST on job card with clear instructions not to take my car out whatever the circumstances. The mechanics/staff at dealerships barely have managable driving skills and they drive your car like a stolen car.

Another serious complication apart from damage to the car can be third party loss including human lives, your car can end up rusting forever in some police station. Do not expect much from VW/Skoda, they will never take action against a dealer.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 23:04   #37
BHPian

Their cars burn, their A.S.S. takes customer cars for their perosnal use and smash it somewhere, they then keep telling lie to the customer and above all they are silent about the issue - wow this the state of the company which aspires to be world NO.1.
Old 7th September 2012, 23:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

Really pathetic state of affairs at VW.

The dealer trying to get the customer to claim insurance after wrecking the car and then trying to offer depreciated price on the car as well. How low can the dealer go?

Either they should give the director's car in lieu of the damaged car without any further charges to the customer or offer to pay the ex-showroom value of the old car with no depreciation. These are the only 2 options that would make up for the agony a customer has gone though.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 23:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The condition of the car looks bad. It's bad on VW's part and the dealer's part to play down the accident. This just shows how callous their attitude is towards the customer.

That's what I thought of too. How does a normal service bill run up so high? Maybe when the customer was informed of this bill on phone, the car had already met with the accident. So the bill was the cost of repair of this accident. Can this be the case?
I don't think that the damage can be repaired with just 47K(I could be wrong).I have an rough idea about price of VW's spares since my dad has VW polo.
Old 7th September 2012, 23:51   #40
BHPian

Every week I see at least 1 story in TBHP and go "Aisa bhi ho sakta hai". My sympathies to all folks who have suffered so much due to dealers. Each one of us has faced some issue - especially minor ones - every time we go to a service station.

This incident is in some ways worse than one where the dealer "lost" the i10 car only to be recovered by Police later.
Old 8th September 2012, 09:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

If this happened in any other country, the dealer/manufacturer would have to face strong action from the authorities. Unfortunately, in this case the poor customer is made to suffer.

Couple of reasons I can think of:
1) The manufacturer (VAG) has absolutely no regard for our market, and treat it is a third-world opportunity to make some profit (or they have deep awareness of how our law/system works).

2) The dealerships have an upper-hand, and the manufacturer is scared to take action against them, especially with the fact that these dealerships are more like monopolized in different states/regions.

The scary bit is, this may not be the first time the A.S.S have played with customers’ cars. In this case, it came out because of the accident. As Anshuman mentioned, if this have caused an injury/loss of life, the owner would have made to run around for years to free him/her up from the judicial proceedings.
Old 8th September 2012, 09:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
o KSM Motors would buy our old car at ‘fair market value’ and sell us a new car of our choice
This offer was summarily rejected by us as this smells of a scam – the fair market value of the car is now very low as the dealer has wrecked it. Moreover, this seems like a convenient way of selling a new car and lacks any effort on the part of the dealer and VW India to right the wrong done to us, not to mention the stress and aggravation caused by this ordeal to us. This high handed approach, after the previous unethical encounter has left us very saddened by the general state of affairs of VW in India
Fair market value before the car was damaged,take the cash and move on.
You can buy any car of your choice. This seems to be a fair deal to me.

I am surprised that VW isnt acting against the dealer. The other offer for insurance is outrageous to say the least.

Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If this happened in any other country, the dealer/manufacturer would have to face strong action from the authorities. Unfortunately, in this case the poor customer is made to suffer.

Couple of reasons I can think of:
1) The manufacturer (VAG) has absolutely no regard for our market, and treat it is a third-world opportunity to make some profit (or they have deep awareness of how our law/system works).
Highlighted in bold is the only reason.

Last edited by F150 : 8th September 2012 at 09:32.
Old 8th September 2012, 09:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

This is very bad show by KSM & VW.

I sincerely hope this thread doesn't run for long like the other Skoda one here.
Old 8th September 2012, 13:29   #44
BHPian

By visiting skoda and now VW dealerships a few times with friends or someone from work I always got this feeling that you buy these cars only if you're buddies with the owners of dealerships.idk about other premier brands, but professionalism is clearly lacking at these dealerships. After the sales, I mean.
Old 8th September 2012, 16:21   #45
BHPian

This is a clear cut case of the breach of Contract of Bailment between the customer and the service station. The service station (KSM Motors) is liable to:

1. Return the Car on time, and
2. Take reasonable care of the car while it is in their possession

KSM Motors has failed on both the fronts and hence is liable to the affected customer.

The time of the accident (11:30 PM) also suggests the car was being used personally or for unauthorised purpose which is a breach of this contract.

This can very well be taken up in Consumer Protection Court to obtain justice.

VW India may not be held completely responsible in this case but yes they should have definitely helped the customer here to get compensation from KSM Motors.

Moreover, the customer can also involve the insurance company as a party to the case as it is an indemnity provider here.
antriksh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed