Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 14:20   #91
BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

@ Sauravc. Legally a dealership is a seperate corporate entity and not an agent of the company. However they are not completely independent contractors. They lie in a category called franchisee, for which they have to give hefty security deposits, sign a exhaustive franchisee agreement, which strictly prescribes what they can and cannot do, and the actions the company can take in case of a breach.

Now it is upto VW to see how faithfully this dealership is upholding the agreement by frequent inspections and documented customer feedback, and take action accordingly.

A recent case came to light when an Ajmer Maruti dealer refurbished a test drive vehicle and sold it as new. The case was upheld in consumer court. Not only was the car replaced, but his dealership was terminated by Maruti.

My Brother In Law purchased a ZDI Desire whose climate control stopped working within warranty. Lovely Autos the Maruti dealer at Jalandhar was making him run around in circles. I shot of mail to Maruti and within 3 days the GM of Lovely Autos personally called me and my BIL and had the car brought over to workshop, did the work and sent it back home with complements. He also asked us to give a positive feedback to Maruti.

Agreements and standards are all in place and can be implemented by the franchisee provided the principal, in this case VW takes action on breaches.

A very sad state of affairs I say for a globally renowned brand.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:54   #92
BHPian

re: KSM Motors smashes customer's Jetta on a joyride. EDIT: New replacement car!

In yesterday's Times Of India there was this very cheap gimmick by VW India to create vibrations on opening the newspaper by attaching a small device to it. With such horror stories, I don't think VW India needs any kind of device to send shivers down the spines of the consumers.
floyd.bell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:01   #93

FINALLY! My account got approved and I am able to comment over here! Was itching to get on this board as its not too much fun sitting on the sidelines and looking at people discussing on the matter.

First off, I have already said this on FB, but let me say it again, thank you all for the tremendous support shown. A big shout out to amit_mechengg for posting this here. I think this is the post that got my issue the most traction.

And as per the call I just got, it looks like traction it did get! I am supposed to have a firm offer by today evening or tomorrow in the first half. I was requested to put a hold on the 'social media' if possible but I have made the following two points clear:

1. I DO NOT control 'social media'!
2. Once I have an acceptable offer, I will make it a point to let everyone know so it will not be that I share only one side of the story.

So, fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone at Team-bhp.com once again. I am not sure our legal notices would have had the same effect on their own had it not been for the support of you people. My heartfelt gratitude to all of you.

Regards,
Vineet Sharma

PS: More thank yous too surely follow once I have an actual acceptable offer in hand!
vineetsh08 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:04   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77
How about escalating to the Autocar "distressed customer" type section. It may get some traction and will at least fetch them some well deserved negative publicity in a wider audience.
+1 to this.

The last 2 editions (including Sept anniversary edition) of Autocar had Vento owners report problems on their cars and VW service failing to fix it despite repeated visits.

The last thing VW will want is another negative report especially of this magnitude reported.
Old 12th September 2012, 16:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71A View Post
... Not only was the car replaced, but his dealership was terminated by Maruti.

My Brother In Law purchased a ZDI Desire whose climate control stopped working within warranty. Lovely Autos the Maruti dealer at Jalandhar was making him run around in circles. I shot of mail to Maruti and within 3 days the GM of Lovely Autos personally called me and my BIL and had the car brought over to workshop, did the work and sent it back home with complements. He also asked us to give a positive feedback to Maruti.
That's why Maruti still commands the market in spite of inferiors cars to the competition. Maruti will slide down in ranking if other manufactures take their After Sale & Service half as seriously as MAruti does!
Old 12th September 2012, 17:07   #96
Senior - BHPian

Thats some positive news. Good Stuff and Fingers Crossed. Do keep us informed. If VW are really doing something about this then it sure is a great customer experience.
Old 12th September 2012, 17:16   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetsh08
And as per the call I just got, it looks like traction it did get! I am supposed to have a firm offer by today evening or tomorrow in the first half.

So, fingers crossed!
Welcome to team-bhp!
Good to know that there is some improvement in the situation. And it will be good if they reveal to you what exactly happened with the car.
Old 12th September 2012, 19:57   #98
BHPian

Vineet - Glad to hear the positive news.

I also want to add that you are well within your rights to ask for compensation for the trauma undergone thro' this ordeal and hope you get adequately compensated.

Really unfortunate that VW took so long to respond, expected better from them.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

I have only one case to share here and it was my colleagues Ford Ikon that went in for scheduled service. The car was being driven my a Metro Ford driver. On the way to the service center, the car met with an accident. A pretty bad one. Metro Ford fixed it and covered all the expenses though it took a little over a month for my colleague to get back his car. Ford is not really known for their great service so this was a surprise.

VW are not going to survive too long if things are going to continue like this.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:59   #100
BHPian

Experiences of people at car dealerships bring back memories of Satyamev Jayate's medical malpractices episode. As in medical practice, there very few (if at all) honest dealerships.
Old 12th September 2012, 21:21   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand the dealership's thinking, or lack of it maybe.

If it was me, I don't think it would be possible to go beyond, "We have screwed up: we have to pay." It's simple business and simple human dealing. It is also simple business to be insured against such risks, although I wouldn't think that the dealer would get far with an insurance claim for damage cause by a joy-riding employee outside of business hours.

It is one thing to try to minimize loss. It is another to act, not like businessmen but like spoiled children trying to get out of a scrape.

This should cost them a new car. If they can't afford to take the losses as well as the profits they are a failed business anyway.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 21:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And as per the call I just got, it looks like traction it did get! I am supposed to have a firm offer by today evening or tomorrow in the first half. I was requested to put a hold on the 'social media'
Honestly if they are ready to close this off the table and if you will be satisfied please close it there. And if they want you to remove some posts here and there and from FB i would take the fall and remove them if you get what you deserve.

Please dont get me wrong, you have to act selfish here and dont worry about these social media if there is a settlement.

Social media helped and at the same time you need to be flexible enough to accept the deal and close it there.

Harsh is a different case and he is still fighting and he may fight till the end. Its gone beyond the point of negotiation.

If there is a negotiation and settlement that will satisfy both parties, act selfish and close the loop there.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 21:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Huh!! Have you forgotten how VW played a trick that no where in media the Vento catching fire cases were showcased.

In times of india newspaper the news was mentioned " Businessman dies in car fire" , it was good that DNA newspaper published that the car was Vento.

And inbetween someone on our forum mentioned he got info that VW has taken that car to the chakan plant and the investigation is on.

Now what happened to that investigation?
Given the value and volume of ad revenue that VW gives to TOI, I doubt TOI will ever report against VW/Skoda.
Old 12th September 2012, 21:54   #104
BHPian

The victim should post on VW's global social community sites, not India specific. Even VW India is an Indian company run by managers picked by VW Group. If you want real publicity, don't aim for just India where most car owners don't give a scratch what happens to another guy's car. People will forget willingly. Not so in Europe and USA. So start posting about this incident on global sites until...

they give you a new car with Insurance premium paid for a year.

Too bad you are just an aam admi. They would not even have dared mess with the car if it had belonged to anyone belonging to a political party. Food for thought I guess.
Old 13th September 2012, 09:27   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I have only one case to share here and it was my colleagues Ford Ikon that went in for scheduled service. The car was being driven by a Metro Ford driver. On the way to the service center, the car met with an accident. A pretty bad one. Metro Ford fixed it and covered all the expenses though it took a little over a month for my colleague to get back his car.
I had a similar experience a few years back. Our Ikon was sent for routine service, along with repainting the front door which had a minor dent. When I went for collection I noticed that there is a bit of paint sprayed on the front windshield, and some scratches. The Service Manager examined the damage, and quickly admitted that it was a mistake from the workshop. Immediate next day, they replaced the front windshield FOC. No cover-up or arguments whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan
Ford is not really known for their great service so this was a surprise.
That’s more of a public perception I guess. Never experienced that personally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks