Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2012, 14:27   #1

India Garage - My Experience

Dear Friends,

I got my Xylo 6 months back & the experience has been a nightmare.

The delivery was a big mess & it just got messier by the day, every service experience has been getting worse by the day.

My latest experience is that I emptied my vehicle fully before the service & the only thing left was my collector's edition Troika keychain costing Rs.1400/- & yes as you guessed it right, when my vehicle got back from the service the key chain has gone missing !

The officers responsible are not even bothered about this as usual.
Mr.Keshav at the Laggere workshop has been extremely rude & careless about the issue as has the audacity to say that I am lying.

Who on earth would lie about a key chain after buying a 11 lac rupee vehicle ?

Also the vehicle came back filthy & the people at workshop say that cleaning is not a part of the free service !

After all of the above & more I have finally decided to take this issue to the consumer court & would allow my attorney's to do the needful.

Thanks !

Ashish Parmar.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2012 at 14:14. Reason: Removing your personal cell number / last 3 lines
Old 14th September 2012, 22:30   #2
BHPian

Re: India Garage - My Experience

Hi Ashish

Welcome to the Club, i had purchased my Xylo around 3 years back and my every experience with India Garage was horrifying. I still remember when they delivered my vehicle with fully wet seats. The service advisers are totally ignorant with the design of the vehicle. for every problem i used to tell them they told me 'That Xylo is designed that way'. I am so frustrated with service that i have stopped recommending Mahindra Products to my Friends. I had once even mentioned that the vehicle was returned in Damaged condition and the Service manager and adviser thanked me for visiting their service center and did not care of my comments.
Old 15th September 2012, 13:02   #3
ike
BHPian

Guys did you take up the matter with Mahindra at any point in time ? AFAIK Mahindra is far more approachable than say Skoda or VW. I think you should do it if you have not done it yet. You can also get in touch with Anand Mahindra himself through twitter.
Old 15th September 2012, 14:17   #4
BHPian

Such incidents need to reported directly to the top management of M&M. Only then will you see a change in attitude of these dealers.
Old 15th September 2012, 15:13   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Such incidents need to reported directly to the top management of M&M. Only then will you see a change in attitude of these dealers.
I agree. Report these incidents directly to top management. The last time I serviced my car... they knocked off an 8 GB pen drive of my favorite music.
Long story short... I was reimbursed for the stolen pen drive. AND, the next time I visited (read today), they were extremely professional and finished up my car in record time.

The top management at Mahindra do take customer complaints very seriously. I've had several incidents to say that I'm sufficient proof.
Old 15th September 2012, 15:18   #6
BHPian

Stealing a keychain is just incredibly low. Don't think they'd have stolen it or anything, probably just broke/damaged it and decided you'd not notice.

I really liked VW W/S in this regard. They asked me to remove everything from my car before the servicing, from the cd case to a simple tissue box; even the replaceable antenna and, yes, the keychain. The attendant infact checked the entire car to ensure nothing remained. When I asked him the reason for this extensive care, he replied evry frankly that they can't provide security to miniature things like these in a W/S, so instead of having to spoil the customer's experience they prefer making you work a little before. Good, I say.
Old 16th September 2012, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Try post a note in Facebook page. IT helps most of the times. Anand Mahindra is active on facebook
Old 16th September 2012, 12:10   #8
BHPian

My auxillary cable worth just 20 bucks was stolen during first service. My Bluetooth headset worth almost as your key chain was stolen when I'd given my car for 2nd service at Ford, India Garage.

But its my fault at having left these in the car. Now i dont leave anything in the car before service not even the radio aerial. Also the jack and puncture kit. Everything removable, i keep it at home and give for service. Prevention is better than cure. And moreover i feel its not the service guys who are responsible but the car wash fellows who clean the interiors.

Please keep us updated how the case proceedings go. Also try to get the cctv footage of the people working on your car. Maybe that should help you nab the culprit. It helped in my case when the car was returned with dents after the service.

These days one cant even enjoy peace of mind even after spending a lot. :(
Old 18th October 2018, 10:28   #9
BHPian

I had a somewhat disturbing experience with India Garage recently that served as a bookend to a series of annoying experiences with them. My 2014 XUV500 had to go back into the shop because the door-open handle in my newly installed rear door stopped working. The day after the car came back, I nearly had an accident because my brakes failed while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat (on the school run). Thankfully, I wasn't on a highway and it was all low speed driving.

It turns out that the brake line that transports the brake fluid had a leak and every time I pumped the brake, the fluid leaked out. Given that these lines are designed to withstand abuse (they have a metal sheath) and it happened the day after a service where I know they disassembled my brakes (they called me about my brake pads), I can only conclude that this was negligence. My neighbourhood mechanic tells me that if you disassemble the calliper and instead of disconnecting the brake line, leave it hanging from the line, it could cause some damage.

For the first three years of ownership, my experience with India Garage was nice. The last five visits have gotten progressively worse. From taking two weeks for work that they said would take 4 days to forgetting about work to cracks on my windshield and not to mention returning the car with a flat tyre, it has been one irritant after another.
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Any recent experience to share with IG workshops, specifically for the new age cars (XUV 700 & the N)?
Old 24th April 2023, 13:34   #11
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Wow some disturbing experiences there.
I had a very pleasant delivery experience of my Thar with India Garage, Whitefield a few weeks ago. Booked my 1st service slot with them this week. The posts on this thread aren't confidence inspiring. Should I reconsider and consider alternatives?
Old 27th December 2023, 09:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Our 2022 Thar diesel AT went to India Garage Peenya and I want to share my experience.

Car was delivered in Navi Mumbai in May 2022. The first (1000 km) inspection service was done at Sahyadri Motors, Pune on 29/5/22.

Meanwhile, my dad moved to Bangalore and we decided to shift the car there. Before moving, I got the 10,000 service done at Bhavna Nerul (odo 9928 km) on 23/9/22.

Now, dad reported that the LHS passenger window was intermittently not working and he also wanted to get a checkup done. Found out India Garage in Peenya and called for a pickup and drop. On 27/5/23, they called up dad and said 1 year service was due. Do note odo was 17,240 km and by no means any service was due. However they punched the 3rd service and I’m not sure if any work was done apart from washing the car. They didn’t even reset the service due message on MID, and it keeps popping up everytime the car is started. They also reported higher soot and kept the car one day extra to clean it. No photos were shared and neither was this mentioned in the bill.

Just a few days back, dad drove from Bangalore to Pune and when I had a drive, I noticed the brakes to be not 100%. The stopping was proper but the way the brakes felt was a little off.

Tried to book appointment at Sahyadri but they didn’t have any. Hence went to Pune motors in Narhe. The SA checked and reported the car to be fine, but when I insisted we checked another Thar AT and noticed a difference.

I asked them to do a brake service - check a brakes, clean up the brake liners (rear) and pads (front) and do brake bleeding. I suspected worn pads as this is the first AT in the house. Odo was just under 20k km. But pads were fine - infact advisor claimed it was as good as new.

After the brake service, took the Thar for a TD and it was much better. Turns out the chaps at India Garage didn’t do nothing. They also billed for brake fluid top up as well making me think they did brake service. I’m sure brake service is part of servicing. Further, the SA at Pune motors told about pending service action (recall) against the Thar. This was missed by India Garage as well. Attaching an image. Have decided to get this at Sahyadri motors when the next appointment is available.

So now thanks to India Garage, I not only lost 1 free service but also they screwed up my service schedule. Instead of sticking to multiple of 10k, we will now have to service the car at an odd figure of 27k, 37k km etc.

TLDR - India garage punched in 3rd service prematurely, didn’t do brake service. And now I’m doubting what work they actually did.

India Garage - My Experience-img_5330.jpeg
India Garage - My Experience-img_5267.jpeg

Last edited by blackwasp : 27th December 2023 at 09:31.
blackwasp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 16:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
. They didn’t even reset the service due message on MID, and it keeps popping up everytime the car is started.
This cannot be reset before the reminder pops up. This reminder pop up at every 10k interval.

Last service was at 9k and reminder popped up at 10k.

Don't worry. You can reset it yourself.

Press the enter as well as Menu change button simultaneously and do a full key turn twice. Just before starting. That's the way they do it at the MASS.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks