Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2006, 11:54   #1
DRC
BHPian

RS Motorcrafts, Bosch Car Service

All, After the warranty on my car (Fiat Petra 1.6EL) expired, I have been experimenting various service places, all the more so because Sundaram uys packed up, and Tata are still learners as they admit.

This time it was RS motorcrafts, in Hosur road. I had been talking to these guys for a while, but had not used their service so far. Finally I decided last wednes day that I will get the work done this service for 22.5K kms.

Called up the station and booked for the service, pick up and drop, as they are nearly out of Karnataka

Car was to be picked up on thursday 11AM, So I baught a can of oil, and put it in the boot. Car was actually picked up late at 2.30 PM when I had gone out for lunch, So the driver waited for me and picked up the car. Butttt, No job card prepared, no complaint recorded, no inventory made, I just had to send the car only on trust.

Later I called them again to tell my side of the story, what needs to be done, Engine flush, oil replacement, service, check the radiator fluid, replace the spark plugs with the 4 electrode ones.

Car had to be delivered on friday night to my office, so I called them up again, to find the progress on the work, All they told me was, it is being worked on, and break is being checked . I did speak about the break anytime?? They apologized and said it will be delivered on saturday morning. I said OK. Later in the evening I called hem again to say I need the car on Friday itself, as I planned for weekend trip. Then I learnt, they were working on suspension!!! Now I complained, I did not mention that in my to do list, and heard a reply, its a part of their service routine . Good, some pro active thinking. He promised to try to deliver in the night if I could wait till 9 in the office. I agreed (made a mistake). Waited till 9.30 no car, So I tried calling them no body would pick up the phone. What the heck, I am stranded in the office, where no auto guys would oblige to take me home. Finally I got a ride from my friend working late in the office.

Next day, again, no communication. So I started calling them up and played music. Finally, at 4.00 PM, saturday, car was delivered, bill was 4.5K . I paid the guy and promised myself, i am not going to give my car to these guys again, and later looked at the itemised billing, 3K for fluids, included, oil flush, radiator flush, radiator fluid, Break fluid (?), Spark plugs, etc... and 1.5K labour included suspension service, break service, electrical check, engine oil replament, engine tune up, etc...

Started using the car as usual, and started noticing the difference. They in deed had done a great job, perticularly on mechanicals. Eninge felt butter smooth, it had to be because of the flush and the Shell helix ultra. 4 electrode spark plugs seemed to have given a little punch to the car in the lower rpms, and biggest suprise came to me, where are those rattles, why is the ride so smooth, Suspension service, what ever they did, is great. One thing, which the sundaram guys and, SHP bosch said everything is sealed, nothing can be done even the lubrication, was fixed, and how! Now I nearly have a super silent cabin but for that rattling rear seat, which the seat cover guys screwed up.

Am I satisfied? hmmmm... big question. Yes their work is very good, but I expect them to be bit more communicative. Keeping the customers in dark will only make them uphappy. I may try them again, with a feed back that I need to be kept in loop anything the do to my car.

With this input, try you luck with them, if you think is worth.
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

DRC,

I had tried them and I have exactly the same feedback as you have. I have tried Sundaram, HariPrasad and Bosch till now and I find RS Motocraft to be the best so far. I am also very happy that the rattles are things of the past and my Palio 1.2 seems to have a little more zip in the 1.8k-2k rev range now. I am yet to check the mileage after their service. But the car is definitely in a better condition now.

As you have pointed out, their communication needs to be better. I also waited near my office till 9:30 pm when the car was delivered to me. But their good work has erased those memories.

The guys over there really know a few things about the car. They said that they have done over 50 palios/petras till now and I do not doubt their statements.
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:14   #3
BHPian

Hey where exactly is RS motorcraft?? pls give me directions
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

It is on Hosur Road. I do not know the exact directions. I had asked for a pick up and drop to my office. The phone no is 9945027029. You can ask for Mr. Lohit or Mr. Sujay.
Old 2nd May 2006, 14:55   #5
DRC
BHPian

They also have a maintanance contract kinda offering, Has anyone tried that?
Old 2nd May 2006, 15:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have enrolled for that. I will check how this works out.
Old 2nd May 2006, 16:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, I am not very happy with their service! As DRC mentioned earlier, they don't keep any Job card, File etc of the Car they service. No acknowledgement of Car received & the condition of Car. They are good in doing routine Service but unable to troubleshoot any faults in the Car. Also, we need to call them everytime & check the status of the Service.
Old 2nd May 2006, 18:30   #8
DRC
BHPian

finneyp, May be true, I read your views on PUG .. I just shared my experience here. I rather liked the proactiveness, about fixing the problems which I did not mention. At times this could be dangerous too
Old 28th July 2009, 17:16   #9
BHPian

Does anyone know if this place is still active since I cannot find anything related to them on Google.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Does anyone know if this place is still active since I cannot find anything related to them on Google.
This place is shut down long back!

Are you looking for a Fiat Service center?
Old 29th July 2009, 12:05   #11
BHPian

No , Not for a Fiat , but for a Fiesta.

Most Viewed